any reviews on soft&beautful "texture softener"?

FineChyna

I am looking for something that will help me maintain/define my curls when i wear my hair out without all the shrinkage while taming my hairline which has a tight fizzy curl pattern.

I am not thrilled about the name but is this stuff worth the hassel? I don't want to ruin my hair but I am tired of wearing my hair in ponytails and such. i figure since it is for kids it should be mild?

SOFT & BEAUTIFUL JUST FOR ME TEXTURE SOFTENER

the directions say you shampoo, condition and then put some liquid solution in your hair and do a 2 strain twist on your hair and let it dry. when you take it out your curls should be defined.

http://www.texturesoftener.com/
^here is the website and i am looking for ingrediants now. any help is welcomed and needed

FineChyna

i should add i am looking for more responses from the women who use this on there hair and how they maintain and take care of their hair when using this product. i realize a few posters put this in a child's hair. :)

ajargon02

That's a texturizer, so you definitely want to hear from thoes who are texing. I don't and won't, it's not for me . I was just gonna suggest stretching to minimize the shrinkage. I don't think it will really matter what texturizer you use. I think they are pretty much all the same. What makes the difference from what I understand is how you apply it, and how long you leave it on. Good luck to you :)

Eta: I have read some posts where people are putting conditioner into the no lye relaxer to get these results too.

Angelicus

there is a review of this product in the Children's board. It's a relaxer... a no-lye one at that... well, I guess you can call it a texturizer but i think the ad on the box is so misleading. it's still a relaxer for goodness sake.

Yea, just put some conditioner in your relaxer to get the same result.

FineChyna

ajargon02 said:
That's a texturizer, so you definitely want to hear from thoes who are texing. I don't and won't, it's not for me . I was just gonna suggest stretching to minimize the shrinkage. I don't think it will really matter what texturizer you use. I think they are pretty much all the same. What makes the difference from what I understand is how you apply it, and how long you leave it on. Good luck to you :)

Eta: I have read some posts where people are putting conditioner into the no lye relaxer to get these results too.
i tried stretching for shrinkage and it doesn't work. my hair with go from shoulder length(un straightened) to my ears no matter what and that style is not flattering even if i do wear a headband

FineChyna

anky said:
there is a review of this product in the Children's board. It's a relaxer... a no-lye one at that... well, I guess you can call it a texturizer but i think the ad on the box is so misleading. it's still a relaxer for goodness sake.

Yea, just put some conditioner in your relaxer to get the same result.
so it is a relaxer? well i guess i may have to pass on this too *kicks rocks*

SignatureBeauty

I agree with the other Ladies1 They are all the same the only difference is the way they advertise on the Box, Just pick up an adult relaxer and a kiddie relaxer and you will see the same ingredients maybe some have added oils but it is still a Relaxer. It sounds as if you are frustrated with your hair at this moment, just take some time to cool off and try to put your hair out of your site LOL!!! I know how you feel, I get that way when I can't do something with my hair, Like my Wsh n go's use to be so curly and pretty now that my TWA is growing out it don't look so pretty, so I just do the little fro LOL!!!

tatiana

may be pricey but have you tried curls (www.curls.biz) or Blended Beauty (www.blendedbeauty.com)

no chemicals and your hair smells good.

i got Blended Beauty a week ago and I tried their products and received 5 compliments on the first day.

I have both and so far I like both. Their products is so-so on the shinkage but great on curl definition and frizz control. Hair won't be greasy or weigh down. Their products are better than Miss Jessie and costs less (to a degree)

The only thing with these products you have to guess your hair type right before buying.

even if you don't buy read their tips on caring for curly hair and trying them yourself it can make a huge difference

FineChyna

yes bmore i am natural

nappy P-yes i am frustrated with my hair because i am tired of wearing pony's while most naturals are wearing these beatiful hairstyles. i tried numerous things and nothing ever works. my hair looks fine wet but once it dries it looks horrible

imus-activator does nothing on my hair. i tried and never like the results
tatiana-thanks for the link. i will check it out