texture softener v.s. texlax?

L.Brown1114

i was looking at the just for me texture softener but i was wondering what the difference is? on the box it show a little girls curls tamed down but then i saw a girl who had it and her hair looked like a straight up relaxer (damaged at that!) so im confused??? whats a good way to tame down curls?? a silkener maybe??

I believe they are the same chemicals in a different package/marketing.

I recently was reading threads about coconut milk/henna/yogourt/lime juice to soften a curl pattern:yep:

The texture softener is a relaxer/texturizer. Different application times yield different levels of straightness. A silkener is permanent as well, if I'm not mistaken.

If you want something non-permanent, look into the BKT. It's still chemicals, but it wears off.

The texture softener is a relaxer/texturizer. Different application times yield different levels of straightness. A silkener is permanent as well, if I'm not mistaken.

If you want something non-permanent, look into the BKT. It's still chemicals, but it wears off.

arent those like a million dollars???
i dont want my hair straightened. i just dont want it to be as poofy as i know its going to be but i dont want to texturize because im sure theres no stylists where im from that know how to properly do it.

Last edited:
daily cowashing and plenty of moisture tames my curls. but it depends on what you are meaning by taming. if you are wanting the curls to be uniform and to lay a certain way, you can research different styling methods like curly girl, or shingling.

are you looking to get a texturizer? i was really hoping you would give this a year. ♥

daily cowashing and plenty of moisture tames my curls. but it depends on what you are meaning by taming. if you are wanting the curls to be uniform and to lay a certain way, you can research different styling methods like curly girl, or shingling.

are you looking to get a texturizer? i was really hoping you would give this a year. ♥

oh im not doing this until my hair reaches shoulder length curly. im just researching early. im big on preparation

arent those like a million dollars???
i dont want my hair straightened. i just dont want it to be as poofy as i know its going to be but i dont want to texturize because im sure theres no stylists where im from that know how to properly do it.

GURL anything more than $100 is a million. theres no in between with my cheap *** :rolleyes:
:rofl:

you can use conditioner and gel to control "poof". heck, braidouts and twistouts too. you don't need chemicals, just refine your technique.

i think BKT in a salon is more than $100 (there was actually a chain back in nov/dec that had a $48 special on them), but you can do it yourself for less than that. i haven't done one because i wouldn't want to do anything to alter my curls or the "poof", but there are lots of women on here who have done their own BKT.

:rofl:

you can use conditioner and gel to control "poof". heck, braidouts and twistouts too. you don't need chemicals, just refine your technique.

i think BKT in a salon is more than $100 (there was actually a chain back in nov/dec that had a $48 special on them), but you can do it yourself for less than that. i haven't done one because i wouldn't want to do anything to alter my curls or the "poof", but there are lots of women on here who have done their own BKT.

idk i may not put anything in it. i dont want chemicals in my hair. the reason i gave up relaxers was to save money on touchups. i want my hair to grow freely and the only thing i want to worry about is if my shoes match my outfit.

lol i would make a thread and then change my mind....only me

Back