Any salt-n-pepper naturals on board?

Melaninme

I pluck single strands of my gray hair that are found throughout my head of hair, but I know the time will come when this method for hiding the gray will no longer work. Are there any naturals on board that are rocking their salt-n-pepper hair? If so, would you share your pics in this thread for inspiration for those who may not want to color their hair? My DH would like for me to age gracefully and rock the salt-n-pepper look when the time comes, but I need some help in seeing this look for me.

Holton-Headshot-GRJ_100113__DSC7558.jpg

TIA!

kim

I've been using henna to cover my grays. I don't use the henna all over my head, only where there are grays!! This works for me because I don't want to use chemical hair dye. And rinses don't last long enough. I'm 41, I may consider aging gracefully when I'm 60!!!

danysedai

HI Asha97. I'm not natural but a hidden salt and pepper relaxed head, which I dye but I leave a lock of white out in the front (for which I've received tons of compliments). You can check out my mom's picture on the thread Nonie suggested.

This woman's picture is my favourite

and this other lady looks great too

and this is me! :) (Sorry that I look orange in that picture lol, too much bronzer)

Another suggestion, go on Pinterest, there are a lot of albums about silver hair, once you find a picture click on it because many times other people have saved it on their own "silver hair" albums.

You are very beautiful (I read your blog) and I'm sure you'll rock those silver strands :)

Melaninme

danysedai!

BIG THANK YOU FOR THIS IMAGE!

Also, I love :Rose:your silver streak and your mom's hair is gorgeous!:drunk: Both you and your mom are beautiful!

I'm a current member of Pinterest, but have yet to browse around. I will now...thanks for the suggestion.:yep:

HI @Asha97. I'm not natural but a hidden salt and pepper relaxed head, which I dye but I leave a lock of white out in the front (for which I've received tons of compliments). You can check out my mom's picture on the thread Nonie suggested.

Another suggestion, go on Pinterest, there are a lot of albums about silver hair, once you find a picture click on it because many times other people have saved it on their own "silver hair" albums.

You are very beautiful (I read your blog) and I'm sure you'll rock those silver strands :)

HighAspirations

danysedai said:
HI Asha97. I'm not natural but a hidden salt and pepper relaxed head, which I dye but I leave a lock of white out in the front (for which I've received tons of compliments). You can check out my mom's picture on the thread Nonie suggested.

and this other lady looks great too

and this is me! :) (Sorry that I look orange in that picture lol, too much bronzer)

So, I love your personal pictures. Not only did you have an amazing amount of growth in a year, but you look amazing with gray hair. I can only hope to grow old as gracefully

eta: not saying your old :blush:

Last edited:

Beverly Ann Properties

I don't have a current picture; however I don't cover my gray hair anymore. Here is a picture of my cousin. She is my inspiration.

Attachments

• Lalisa's Gray hair.jpg
    Lalisa's Gray hair.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

reeko43

My gray is coming in fast and furious. I have dense spots of gray at my temples and crown. It is not a great look so I am coloring with henna until more gray grows in.