Any Who dont use Protein Treatments?

kaykaybobay

ello-

I'm just curious to know if there are any who dont use any type of protein treatment and why. Last I did a treatment it sent me back to tiny hair breakage. I'm thinking of not using any protein treatment again.

Khadija

Chromia

I'm scared to use a protein treatment because when I used moisturizers with protein (Profectiv & Cantu) I had so much breakage. I didn't know why my hair was breaking all of a sudden. I realized it was because of the protein after I read this http://p069.ezboard.com/fblackbeautyblackhair86911frm13.showMessage?topicID=652.topic.

I'll try a mild protein treatment after my next touch up. I'm still figuring out the protein/moisture balance in my hair. :perplexed

kaykaybobay

Thank you for the response :) My hair was doing better than it had been for years, then I said hmmm let me try a protein treatment, bad idea for me at least.

locabouthair

i know some people say that their hair can't handle protein. i dont know if u are relaxed or natural but if ur relaxed don't u need some type of protein because the chemical robs our hair of protein? what type of protein treatment did u use? maybe u need to try a light protein.

I forgot to say this. you might have experienced breakage because you needed moisture. protein can make the hair hard and you need to use a moisturizing conditioner after some protein treatments like aphogee or emergencee.

Last edited: