Anybody duplicate a Dominican Blow Out??

AceH

<font color="blue"> Okay, ladies... I have this dilemma. I want to be able to do my own Dominican blow out. I have never had this done, but I'm one for figuring it out. I recently peeped Tracy's pics, and her mom has a pic of a bangin' blow out. I was like
. Now, I'm like
- I have to have one. Problem is, I'm out in the boonies &amp; I'm quickly losing hope. There might be a Dominican salon in my city, but I'm having a difficult time finding one... Can anybody help a sista out?</font>

AnjelLuvs

Ok, most of the time the roller set ur hair. I have an example in my photo album although I dont think I have one without te rubberbands.

Second you need a round brush and blow dryer from there you blow out ur roots.

AceH

<font color="blue"> Thanks Anjel! I think I will try this! Where do you get lottabody setting lotion? BTW, I think your hair is beautiful - it looks very healthy &amp; shiny. You go! </font>

model_chick717

I do my own version of the Dominican Blow out---I rollerset on medium size rollers and then once dry, I'll take my blow dryer and a wide toothed comb and comb through my hair with the blow dryer. It loosens the curls and makes my hair look wavy---I've not tried to blow dry it straight though...

AceH

<font color="blue">sounds simple enough. Do you put product in your hair before you blow dry? Thanks for the info. Have you tried wraping your hair afterward to make it straighter? (That may not be your desired look, but I'm starting to think that's the key to getting the hair really straight...) </font>

model_chick717

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
<font color="blue">sounds simple enough. Do you put product in your hair before you blow dry? Thanks for the info. Have you tried wraping your hair afterward to make it straighter? (That may not be your desired look, but I'm starting to think that's the key to getting the hair really straight...) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the products I use, I put in before rolling. Once dry, I spray with a little oil sheen and usually one of those hair glosser sprays and then blow dry. You're exactly right--I think the main key in the getting the straighter look would be to wrap afterwords. I know with me, I'd probably run a curling iron through my roots a bit before wrapping, though.

AceH

<font color="blue"> Thanks AFashionSlave! Your hair looks great! Might I add that you hve nice eyebrows (I notice the littlest things). The step by step journal you have is beneficial. Gracias </font>

AceH

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the products I use, I put in before rolling. Once dry, I spray with a little oil sheen and usually one of those hair glosser sprays and then blow dry. You're exactly right--I think the main key in the getting the straighter look would be to wrap afterwords. I know with me, I'd probably run a curling iron through my roots a bit before wrapping, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> thanks Model_Chick! I'll give your technique a try. I really want to get this done before my May college graduation. I was thinking about a sew-in as we previously discussed in another thread (unsuccessful at pulling it off myself). One day I was washing my hair &amp; noticed it was long! (almost bra strap) Don't need a weave! Conquering this blow-out is my next challenge. If successful I'll post pics. Thanks for your responses!</font>