Anybody else have hair that doesn't like protein?

Brownie

My hair doesn't like a lot of protein. It seems to take better to conditioners that don't have any like Suave's version of Biolage; however, I do all right with cholesterol treatments, but not with products that list wheat protein/wheat amino acids and such. I can follow these products with something moisturizing, but my hair still feels too stiff and hard for a long time afterwards like when I used mane n'tail conditioner (bad move). I've even noticed that some serums and styling products have protein. I stay away from those because I always get bad results. Anybody else?

lovechic

Nope, not me. My strands gotta have a dose of mild protein every week to stay strong. I don't use the "Heavy" stuff like Aphogee.

Mestiza

Lately, my hair doesn't like a lot of products w/ protein in them, either. I do use them, sometimes.

LadyZ

I have to be careful with the protein also... my hair with fall to the ground if it does not get the right moisture after using protein:fat:

vaqtea

Yes, my hair hates protein! Whenever I use protein my hair sheds and the tangles are unbelievable. All this time I've been thinking my hair was the only one that hated protein *sigh of relief*

Brownie

Lovelylocs said:
I'm curious as to why that is. Does your hair still break or shed w/o using protein?

Does my hair break without protein? Like I said above, my hair likes cholesterol treatments and very rich moisturizing conditioners; they help with breakage and stuff like that, and my hair still feels soft afterwards, but with wheat protein and stuff like that, I end up with more tangles, and it takes forever for my hair to stop feeling hard (instead of soft). On the flipside, I liked Joico K-pac back when I was texturized. Perhaps it is a really light protein treatment. Perhaps it has to do with hair texture. My hair is easily weighed down, and although I have a lot of strands, they are fine-medium I think.