anybody feel stuck with a style after it dries (set)

Lilmama1011

Like after you wash your hair and style it; whether you sit under dryer or air dry do you feel like you can't manipulate your hair because you fear you will break hair. majority of the time i have a part down the middle so its permanent and hard to cover because my hair naturally parts that way but the thought of pushing back all my hair to make a hump or just a ponytail makes me cringe so i feel trapped in a style. until i wet it again. anybody else feel this way?

Nope. You can't be scared of styling your hair or manipulating it. That would take the joy/fun out of growing healthy hair. Me, I just spritz with water and restyle if needed.

Nope. You can't be scared of styling your hair or manipulating it. That would take the joy/fun out of growing healthy hair. Me, I just spritz with water and restyle if needed.

They is very true. But I had styling my hair and the. Before I want to leave out I want to pull it up some type of way and I feel like I'm stuck just leaving it the way it is

And if I wanted all my hair pulled back into a ponytail with curls, I can't stand the sight of doing it on wet hair because when your hair is wet it looks way more thinner than it is when it's dry and I don't like over manipulating when it's wet

No, you can restyle dry, I'm just saying don't be scared to do it. Be gentle, you know the rules, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I sometimes feel stuck with a style after airdrying because, I too, have that permanent center part. Let's say I do a braidout or twistout and decide I want to get rid of the center part and do a side part or wear a half up half down style, or wear it all back...the top part of my hair will become poofy from the manipulation from trying to blend it in while the rest of my hair is in a defined braidout or twistout pattern.

Last edited:
I sometimes feel stuck with a style after airdrying because, I too, have that permanent center part. Let's say I do a braidout or twistout and decide I want to get rid of the center part and do a side part or wear a half up half down style, or wear it all back...the top part of my hair will become poofy from the manipulation from trying to blend it in while the rest of my hair is in a defined braidout or twistout pattern.

exactly, two much manipulation could mess up a style all together

Nope. If I don't like a style I change it. I am not leaving my house until I like the way I look.

If I want to go from center to side, I just braid some hair to the side and let it sit for about 10 mins. When I take it down, it is where I want it to be.

Nope. If I don't like a style I change it. I am not leaving my house until I like the way I look.

If I want to go from center to side, I just braid some hair to the side and let it sit for about 10 mins. When I take it down, it is where I want it to be.

10 mins!? :blush: Lucky you!!!

Back