anybody tired of taking alot of vitamins?

Dejuan42

i was thinking about dropping some of my vitamins and substituting. Like dropping ultra hair for a 100mg B vitamin complex, Dropping my selenium zinc and vitamin E for more mg's of MSM and Biotin. Continue taking my flaxseed oil and add some vitamin C. Hopefully i can continue getting fast growth

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
ME!! I've been faithful for 2 whole years and I'm just not getting the benefit to warrent all the hassle and expense. The last straw was the month after I had surgery when I stopped the extra supplements and my hair grew faster than it had all year (probably cause it was in June/July). I've offically cut back- alternating between my multi-vitamin and Maxi-Hair every other day. And my antioxident and MSM. That's it! Ah to be free! I was actually getting withdrawal sypmtoms when I stopped taking them all (psychological, not physical) It had become such an ingrained habit after 2 years!

Aerie17

Yep, me too.
I'm not just taking vitamins for my hair, but stuff women are supposed to take, like extra calcium and vitamin C. Between those the multi-vite, iron (drs orders),the extra biotin, amino acids, vitamin e, etc., I am tired of the ritual! However, I do believe I am seeing some benefit, so will continue. Ah, well.

ngaa

dejuan i too get discouraged easily wen i dont get the growth i was expectin but i jus have to force myself and tell myself to take them

Zoe

Looking at some members profiles I see that alot of women are popping pills like its candy and thats not GOOD FOR YOUR BODY...

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing

YOu know your body better than anyone else..

Nonie

Dejuan, if you do that, won't you wind up taking more pills? I really think you should stick with Ultra Hair Plus. The thing I like about multis is that they are usually made up of supplements that work best together. For instance, I think biotin works best with niacin. And Ultra Hair Plus has taken care of that for you. A 100 mg B complex isn't a bad idea but you get enough B vitamins with Ultra, so why not stick with it? Also Ultra has a high B5 so that it takes care of any breakouts you might get if you went down to 100 mg B5 with a high biotin. I don't know how many tablets/capsules of Ultra you have to take a day but I'm sure they are less than taking (biotin + b complex separately). Also if you go the route you are considering, you will also give up inositol or choline or L-cysteine... all good for hair... And if you give up zinc, you lose the hair benefits it provides, too.

I say, if you wanna give up a hair multi, then get an all round multi for general health. Because your hair will indeed suffer if your body isn't getting all the nutrients it needs.

Take care of the whole of you, and your hair will be nourished too. Focus on feeding just your hair on specific elements, and your body will use up what you are trying to give your hair and then rebel for what it doesn't get...leaving your hair begging for some attention, and you probably too ill to care. Take care of #1, and your good health will be evident in your whole being, including your hair.

Dejuan42

yeah but im tired of taking all them pills i know for sure im going to stop taking the selenium and vitamin E. Selenium makes me sick to my stomach just opening the bottle. Ultra hair doesnt have alot of the B vitamins except Biotin. I really dont know im just tired of taking alot of pills. I know i get alot of growth but speed aint really my concern its softness, shine, strength, and im trying to get my temples back.

Nonie

Hey Dejuan, Ultra DOES have vitamin Bs in it...not just biotin. I looked at both Ultra Hair and Ultra Hair Plus.

Let's look at your plan: If you get B-complex 100mg, I assume you will be getting 100 mg of each B vitamin, but that means you will also get less B5 than you got from Ultra which BTW also provided 100mg of some of the other Bs too. It has 500mg of B5...as well as the other vits you want to continue taking. In other words, two tablets of Ultra are almost the same as taking a B-complex pill and a biotin pill and an L-cysteine pill and a vitamin C pill and...
Er...do you see where I'm going with this? If you are trying to avoid taking too many pills, then staying with Ultra is one sure way do that. Otherwise find another multi that provides the nutrients you're interested in, in the amounts you want, without leaving out other nutrients good for you. If you wanna take fewer pills without sacrificing your health or that of your hair, I suggest you get an excellent multi like GNC Multi Ultra Mega Gold Time-Released and then add only biotin, B5 and MSM. The multi will give you everything your whole body/hair needs, including what the B-complex 100mg woulda given you. What's more, you'll also get selenium and C and E and...whatever else you were gonna add or leave out. And you will at least know that all those vitamins are balanced perfectly...so you don't have to worry about overdosing on any of them, and you probably won't feel sick like you've been feeling (just don't take 'em on an empty stomach). And you can trust their absorption will be good since the balance means "complementing not clashing" between the vits... and the time-release characteristic means you won't flush huge amounts water-soluble vits out of your body as soon as you take them. As for the supplements you'll be adding on your own, (ie biotin, B5 and MSM) as far as I know, no toxicity level is known so you can take as much as you want. But if you take too much, the excess will just be flushed out of your system - which is a waste, so don't go buckwild.

Now do you see why I like multis? Why should you use trial and error trying to find the combinations that work best for you when some scientists in white coats have already done all the hard work for you? I think we'd all take less pills (and be safer) if we found a basic multi that was as complete as possible, and then added finishing touches with the safe "usual suspects" like biotin, B5, etc which have no toxicity level. JMHO

ComfortablyNumb

I am tired of taking pills! And guess wen I started my vitamin regimen? Last night! Choking down pills is just not fun to me. Especially multis. Why do make those things so damn huge? Is there no better way?! I don't know if I'll be on vits for the long run. We'll see.

ComfortablyNumb

How do liquid multis taste? Have you tried them? One of the reasons I can't choke vitamins down too well is because they smell bad and don't taste too much better. I might try the liquid after I finish my 4-month supply of the ones I'm on if someone can assure me it doesn't taste like I'm thinking it should!

Nonie

You are too cute! You aren't supposed to be savoring the vitamins, ya know.
You're supposed to swallow. Quickly. No time for your taste buds to get nosy.

Can you find capsules instead of tablets? My multi (Twinlab better pay me for singing their praises) is in capsule form and therefore easier to swallow than tablets. No taste. And I don't remember a smell.
You take two with each meal or 3 twice a day. Try that before trying the liquid, because like you, I imagine the liquid will have that taste you imagine it has.
Hopefully someone will confirm this ain't so. But whatever the taste, it has got to be better than pure cod liver oil.
Maybe they make the liquid in syrup form like kiddy cough medicine so that it isn't so bad.

So there you go... no more smelly, yucky-tasting, difficult-to-swallow tablets. Go capsules!
Go liquids!

Chichi

I am kind of tired of mixing that MSM powder with water every morning
. I would like to find 1000mg of MSM in a capsule. Anyone have any ideas?

Chichi