Brewer's Yeast- Nature's Wonder Food

H

HoneyRockette

Brewer\'s Yeast- Nature\'s Wonder Food

If you are looking for a simple vitamin regimen or if you are tired of downing a million hair vitamins check this out:

Brewer's Yeast is a multi-vitamin, hair vitamin, amino acid complex, and B complex in one. It contains:

Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Thiamine
Riboflavin
Niacin
Calcium
Iron
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Pyridoxine
Folic Acid
Vitamin B-12
Phosporous
Iodine
Magnesium
Zinc
Copper
Biotin
Pantothenic
Inositol
Choline
Manganese
RNA
DNA
PABA
Selenium
Chromium
Potassium
Alanine
Argnine
Aspartic Acid
Cystine
Glutamic Acid
Glycine
Histidine
Isoleucine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Proline
Serine
Threonine
Tryptophane
Tyrosine
Valine

I just ordered some. Lord knows I hate the idea of taking a million pills a day. I will probably take Brewer's Yeast, biotin and MSM. I am still working on biotin and MSM though. Just thought you ought to know.

Armyqt

Re: Brewer\'s Yeast- Nature\'s Wonder Food

Hey Honeyrockette, what is the brand you ordered? Is it a powder or a pill? I remember on the old boards someone got a serious growth spurt using brewers yeast. Also, do you know if this supplement contributes to weight gain? I think I remember reading this somewhere.

H

HoneyRockette

I ordered Puritan's Pride Brewer's Yeast. Yes. I finally jumped on that bandwagon. The prices are just a little to good to pass up. Plus they have that 3 for 1 sale. I ordered 6 bottles. I got the pill. I can't stomach powders. If it did cause weight gain I wouldn't mind. I am a tad underweight anyway. That would kill about seven birds with one stone if it did. Good to know though.

Armyqt

Thanks HR, please keep us posted on your progress

Faith

It's soo funny you posted this. I started taking it like 3 weeks ago to help my dry skin and my face is clearing up and everything. It's for eyes, heart, skin, hair, etc. I started taking it cause my mom said back home that's what they took (and cod liver oil) and they all had nice, long hair (I've seen my mom's pics
). So I thought why not. I had no idea what it had or what it does for the body. Well, last week I checked out a couple sites and woweeee...this thing has some great things in it. You're supposed to take 9 a day but I only take 3 and I've still seen results...my skin is less dry and I have less breakouts and my nails seems to be loving it (also I wear gloves now to wash the dishes so...) they are coming in stronger..unbelievable
. Here are some links to check out:
http://www.katsherbs.com/vitaminpower/Brewers%20Yeast.htm
Here is the one I take:
http://www.trophic.net/b13.html

Edited to say: some may not have all these things in them. I know the one I have has all the Bs except B12 and I'm not sure it may be missing some of the other things you listed. What site did you go to that listed them all out like that? I would like to check it out. TIA.

Faith

Hi,

I posted a link for it in my previous post. The Trophic brand...it's Canadian.

H

HoneyRockette

Faith I have no idea where I copied that. I was just doing a random search and I copied and pasted it here. I saw a bottle of BY at a health food store downtown today that said 'NOW WITH VITAMIN B-12!' I thought to buy it but then I remembered that I ordered it already. I wonder if the one I ordered has vitamin B-12. I don't think I have to take 9 a day. I think mine says to take 3 a day. Good luck with it.

BlkMane

BTW, I have Puritan's Pride 90% Protein Powder and it contains Brewer's Yeast.

I have to read the bottle to find out how much though.

Chipmunk

I used to take Brewer's yeast, but stopped b/c I forgot why I was taking it. I think I'll start back again tomorrow.

kookysnkream

honeyrockette: maybe it flew over my head, but did u say brewer's yeast causes weight gain?

LondonDiva

Yep she said it does cause weight gain.

Something I wouldn't mind happening that's for sure.

kookysnkream

wow...i think i'm going to put brewer's yeast a lil towards the bottom of my list. lol

Violetta

I've been reading up on Brewer's Yeast... They say the vitamins in it should be more readily absorbable than in synthetic vits because they're natural. (I don't know if that's true, but sounds reasonable to me..)

What has stopped me from takin it until now is, well, because it's yeast. I'm a bit afraid my tummy will bloat or something. Anyone had that kind of experience with it...

It does sound like a worderfully natural addition to one's regimen!

melodee

Sounds good. I remember my grandmother used to take it and she would give me some on occasion. I'll give it a try.

NYCchild

I take the Twinlab brand. i just mix a tablespoon in my Orange juice 2xs daily. the juice covers the taste and it mixes rite in!! and i get no bloating or weight gain. been doing it for a month now and am convinced it helps me with growth and overall healthy hair

Valerie

Brewers yeast is good for you, some people who are diabetic or have yeast infestions, can't take to much, I used to take it now and then. I would mix mine with orange juice.

H

HoneyRockette

GNC's BY has vitamin 12 now.

Isis

So how is everyone doing with the Brewer's Yeast these days? I was just talking to someone about the benefits of it for the hair and skin but from this thread I'm learning that it causes weight gain. She is trying to lose weight.
I wonder if I need to tell her not to take the Brewer's Yeast now! Personally, I haven't tried it yet but I put it on my list.

DahomeyAhosi

I just started taking this stuff for general health and so I can stop taking a couple of the other vitamins. I got the powder and it tastes horrible in spite of the false advertisement but I'm going to stick with it.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyRockette said:
If you are looking for a simple vitamin regimen or if you are tired of downing a million hair vitamins check this out:

Brewer's Yeast is a multi-vitamin, hair vitamin, amino acid complex, and B complex in one. It contains:

Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Thiamine
Riboflavin
Niacin
Calcium
Iron
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Pyridoxine
Folic Acid
Vitamin B-12
Phosporous
Iodine
Magnesium
Zinc
Copper
Biotin
Pantothenic
Inositol
Choline
Manganese
RNA
DNA
PABA
Selenium
Chromium
Potassium
Alanine
Argnine
Aspartic Acid
Cystine
Glutamic Acid
Glycine
Histidine
Isoleucine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Proline
Serine
Threonine
Tryptophane
Tyrosine
Valine

I just ordered some. Lord knows I hate the idea of taking a million pills a day. I will probably take Brewer's Yeast, biotin and MSM. I am still working on biotin and MSM though. Just thought you ought to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

HoneyRockette - How's it going with the Brewer's Yeast? What have been your hair results taking it everyday? This question is open to any of you ladies taking it or who know someone who is.

bettydavis

I can vouch for the benefits of brewer's yeast, my mom used to give it to me when I was a kid for all my B vitamins. I take it in powdered form (the debittered kind), about one tablespoon in a glass of orange juice. It still has kind of a slightly bitter taste but I actually like the flavour of it. I've been taking it now for almost 2 months since I stated taking vits again and I can say that I feel an overall increase in energy. As far as my hair, I've changed a lot of things that have made it alot healthier, but I'm sure the brewer's yeast is also playing a role in it. I haven't experienced any weight gain though, I never knew it was supposed to do that.

bettydavis

I can vouch for the benefits of brewer's yeast, my mom used to give it to me when I was a kid for all my B vitamins. I take it in powdered form (the debittered kind), about one tablespoon in a glass of orange juice. It still has kind of a slightly bitter taste but I actually like the flavour of it. I've been taking it now for almost 2 months since I stated taking vits again and I can say that I feel an overall increase in energy. As far as my hair, I've changed a lot of things that have made it alot healthier, but I'm sure the brewer's yeast is also playing a role in it. I haven't experienced any weight gain though, I never knew it was supposed to do that.

Isis

I don't think it really causes weight gain. I couldn't find any documentation about that.

nijilah

I remember about a year ago that I was thinking about taking Brewer's Yeast because of all of the great ingrediants in 1 package. BUT, I did read somewhere or hear somewhere that it does cause weight gain, which kind of makes since because of the aminos. I 'think' that when you take aminos, you are supposed to work out because they help you to gain muscle. I thought that was why a lot of body builders take aminos. So if you are not working out, you would just gain weight, but not muscle.

Now don't quote me on that. Maybe someone who is more in to fitness than me can help.

DeQuendre

My DH has had some of this in the pantry for two years just sitting there. I think it may have been for some muscle mag concoction. Does it have a natural expiration date?