Anyone else loving the Kerastase conditioners?

vevster

I just tried the Kerastase deep conditioner for fine dry hair and love how full and soft it made my hair. It is a small tub for $$$$ but it definitely will have a space in my conditioner collection for 'special occasions'

OMG Vevster now I wan't details. As in deeeeetails....lol!!!

Sooo, how does it compare to other moisturzing conditioners ie Redken Heavy Cream? does it give slip or no? how soft was the hair? How much of it did you use (being such a small tub). c'mon don't leave me hanging!!!!

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

vevster

Well, I was at the Domincan salon when the hair was being rinsed it seemed a lot softer than the typical conditioners. I'm not sure about slip cause I didn't do my hair myself. I do know that my hair was fuller and shinier after the rollers were removed. So far, I prefer it to the heavy cream. I used about 1/4 of the tub. I like the way my hair was soft w/out being weighted down. I'll know more when I comb out tomorow. HTH!

You haven't used yours yet???

No I haven't used mine yet. I'm still using Mizani. I want to stick to using only one conditioner at a time and over a period of time before switching to something else.

Maybe I'll try it next as a one off treatment before switching (I have the Pantene DMR waiting patiently in my closet to be used next /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

I like that it made your hair fuller AND shinier. Better than the Heavy Cream 'eh? Hmmm. Well actually I should think so for that price /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for posting.

Can I just say two big thumbs way up for Kerastase Macqui intense conditioner. I used this (finally) this morning and the hair is really moisturized, fuller and bouncier. I used the one for very dry and fine hair.

I LOVE this. Its tres expensive though /images/graemlins/crazy.gif In the US its approx $30 for a teeny 5.1 oz jar so I'm going to use this as a once a month treat (I got mine from the UK where its less than half that price). A big plus too is that you only need a small amount to get results. Thanks Tracy for raving this conditioner /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I definitely love this and rank it now up there as one of the best conditioners I have. No slip factor though which I normally like and my hair was a bit tangled when doing the rollar set /images/graemlins/confused.gif but that may have been something else doing that.

A great 'gift'/treat to yourself.

Tracy

Yay! A success story....I KNEW we'd find something that worked in common on us..../images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vev, glad YOU liked this too! I use the Oleo Realx which I hate the smell of and I didn't like it nearly as much as I liked the Maquiintense - that's why I recommended that one. Notice no one ever heard about the Oleo Relax - LOL!

The serum is good tho....

Hey Tracy do you know I've still not tried the Oleo Relax shampoo?

I checked the ingredients the other night and notice the 2nd/3rd ingredient is ALS!!! one of those drying ingredients that this board warns about /images/graemlins/blush.gif So now I'm even MORE undecided on whether to try it out.

Tracy

Well love I dunno - ALS or no ALS (you know how I feel about "bad ingredient" myths) I hated it. I have used shampoos with ALS that I loved - so I'm pretty sure on me that it's not that. I just did nothing fantastic, my hair didn't feel particularly clean or moisturized and it smelled like a$$. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you're nervous about the ALS don't use it.....that ingredient may be a problem on your hair. It's just not on mine. The shampoo does suck tho. No doubt about it. Stick to Lanza.

VALLEYGIRL

See I was trying not to buy another thing!!!
I first heard about these products last year or so when I was out one night and a friend of a friend who is Dominican told me about the Keratease gel that she uses to blow dry her hair. She was natural and she claimed her has was just like mine. ( I don't know about that b/c her hair was fine and straight not coarse and kinky like mine) but she said that I could get my hair straight with the gel and just blowdrying.

Needless to say I could never find them anywhere untill recently and the labels were in another language (spanish?..didn't study it long enough) But even though I could undersatnd the ingredients I don't know what exactly which product did what. There were several Matinisque bottles, several Oleo Relax etc...And I didn't see anything that looked like a gel!!!
Can you guys tell me which products are good for whatever..deep conditioning, moisture, styling. There were so many.
Or is there a website you can point me to?
Thanks
Valleygirl
I just want to look, I am not buying anything else!!!!

vevster

Well it is the week after I tried the kerastase and this conditioner was so good I didn't have to apply anything to my hair besides the initial Aveda Brilliant Emoillient for shine. My ends are soft and pliant not brittle at all.

I'm hooked! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Notice no one ever heard about the Oleo Relax - LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was mentioned in Jan. 2003 issue of Shape magazine (pg 48) as a hydrating, intense conditioning shampoo for curly hair. I said, "Hey! That's Tracy's shampoo!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif
$17.00? Greaaaaaat Daaaaay!
I thought their choice of curly haired celebs was kind of funny--Melina Kanek--- (from Providence) and Nicole Kidman, fine. But Sandra Bullock and Beyonce wearing her Austin Powers wig?
Lord have mercy...