Anyone else WANT to go back to the salon?

chocolatetresses

I really miss my stylist. She's been doing my hair since I was 5. Not only is she a great hair stylist....she's a close family friend. My mom met her when we first moved to atlanta. The last time I went to her was june of 08. She has always taken care of my hair and has even done all the "major" things I've wanted done to it from color, bangs, first relaxer, everything. She was actually the person to tell me to stop getting relaxers and transition. funny thing is she o longer works in a salon and has created one at her house which is like 15 min away from mine...go figure huh? lol

Sui Topi

I've never been to the salon ever and today I let my husband wash my hair for me........ if that's what it feels like, I really want to go lol. I think as long as they use a good heat protectant I should be okay right lol. Its not like I'm going to get a relaxer or something that is hair russian roulette. I'm planning to go this June to get it straightened and evened out. Maybe a color but we'll see about that since it is not fool proof and a bad job is enough to cause me a set back.

msa

I want to go to the salon but there's not really anything they can do for me there.

If I found a salon that could do really amazing styles with my natural hair, detangled gently, and used all natural products (or allowed me to bring my own) then I'd definitely go. It would be nice to treat myself that's for sure.

MCMLXXII

I have an upcoming appt at a natural hair care salon for a steam treatment but other than that, I take care of my hair needs. Now, I actually look forward to doing my own hair...(just recently incorporated pre-poos).

I'm totally responsible for its successes and failures.

imaccami

I wouldn't mind going to the salon to get my hair cut into a nice style if I could trust that they wouldn't hack all my length off. Self trims are the only part of my hair care that I detest doing.

And I couldn't stand waiting around all day. If it were quick and they did what I asked them to, then I would go back to the salon for trims.

hillytmj

If I didn't watch the healthy textures rollersetting dvd, i would still be spending too much money going to the salon every week. I ALWAYS have to have my hair done, so I feel you; I don't do protective styling because i just don't like looking like I don't do my hair:ohwell: and my hair is still healthy because i take care of it...When I do my own hair, it honestly comes out better than when i go to the salon...I only go to my salon for a touch-up...

ITA...that DVD was a great investment and did wonders for my hair styling techniques. I'm like you; I only go to the stylist for touchups.