DOES ANYONE MISS THEIR OLD SALON/STYLIST?

RegaLady

I know, I know, we have learned to be DIY'ers! But, I have to admit, I realllllly miss my old salon and stylist! I guess it has been habit to go every two weeks or whenever. I loved the pamper time, and the time it took just to be taken care off.:ohwell: I miss the just getting my hair cut or done feeling. I miss the the whole experience:perplexed. I was driving and wanted to go by there to book an appointment, even though I am in braids.:lachen:It's like going to the salon had become a habit. Do any DIY gals also feel this way?:look:

prospurr4

Awww, I'm sorry that you miss your salon/stylist...it's great that you had positive experiences while going. As for me, never...ever do I miss the salon. I love being a DIYer!

winnettag

I don't miss them at all!
She didn't do my hair how I wanted it for prom (yes, i hold hair grudges!)
She left a relaxer on so long that puss from the burns had it stuck to my scalp the next day.
The other stylist hacked off my hair and called it a "trim".
I will NEVER trust a stylist again.

queen_t

I miss the one who knew what the heck she was doing. She was the sweetest person and actually LISTENED to what I wanted, but I moved.

The other two, :nono: I'm scraight. I got this now. :grin:

Shoutout to LHCF, WHOOTY WHOOO!!

cutiebe2

I miss her alot! She was a great stylist and got me thinking about haircare. She did steam treatments, protein treatments every three months and could flat iron. Too bad I didn't know that much at the time, because I asked her to use the hotcomb and make it hot:blush: (Im natural)

I will be going back to her when I get a few more inches. She will be so surprised to see how my hair has grown!!!!

didirose

I miss only one out of the six stylists I've had. She was the first one to teach me about moisture, after she gave me a trim she told me to apply B&B lotion to my ends every night and I retained so much length! She only trimmed when she saw splits only, or if I wanted a style.

The good ones always move away. I went to her mother's salon after that but it wasn't the same.

wannabelong

No, I don't miss my stylist. She was so unprofessional. She would over book, often late (I would beat her to the salon) and then she would leave the salon to run errands leaving me under the dryer for way too long. I don't miss that crap at all.

doll-baby

I miss the feeling of being pampered and getting my hair washed. But I don't miss my stylist constantly cutting my hair and me not being satisfied with my hair styles.
If I could find a stylist that was on the same page as me with my hair goals and personal style preference, I would gladly turn in my DIY badge.

RegaLady

I miss the feeling of being pampered and getting my hair washed. But I don't miss my stylist constantly cutting my hair and me not being satisfied with my hair styles.
If I could find a stylist that was on the same page as me with my hair goals and personal style preference, I would gladly turn in my DIY badge.
Yeah, I am not sure if that is what I miss the most! After I gain some length, I think you all have me scared about returning to any stylist!:lachen:

PaperClip

My stylist was/is very good at pampering me.... When I want a blow-out/press, I can still go to her, though. Thinking about doing that when the weather gets cooler.... She's the best!

Angelicus

When I move back to New Orleans, I am definitely going back to Kathy in Gretna. I've been self-butchering-- I mean-- self-relaxing for 3 years and my hair hasn't been right since. I need you Kathy!

Son26

There is one salon I went to that I do miss from time to time. My hair always looked great when I came out of there. I stopped going there when my stylist botched my highlights (my hair turned green and starting breaking badly). I had to cut my hair. I never forgave her for that.

Cheleigh

Well, the first cosmetologist to teach me about healthy hair practices and kept my hair on point for the first 25 years of my life--my great aunt Patt--passed away in February, so heck yes, I desperately miss my old stylist. :sad:

ajacks

I don't miss them at all. But when I finally reach my goal length I'll make an appointment for something simple like a rollerset just to show them that my hair can grow and doesn't need to be cut every 6 weeks. :rocker: