How Often Do You Go to the Salon?

wyldcurlz

after my HORRIBLE salon experience this morning, i'm considering never setting foot in a salon again. (although i know, if i get my hair colored i'll go to a professional for that.)

if you don't go to a salon, please post if you do your own flat ironing, conditioning treatments, relaxers. what do you do?

since my hair is natural, all i do is wash, deep condition and occasionally flat iron? is it possible to get my hair nice, straight, healthy and beautiful and never set foot in a salon again? (and i'm NOT a great stylist.)

SweetCaramel1

i can pretty much do any hairstyle myself so i might go once a year :ohwell: it's still a luxury to have someone else do your hair though

I go to the salon every two weeks. I have been fortunate enough to have a stylist that focus mainly on healthy hair. She will not do anything to your hair that will harm it. Before I started going to her my hair was jacked up. Now my hair is so healthy. I had her to cut it so that it will be even when it starts to grow it will be even.

sky_blu

Every 10-12 weeks for a relaxer and sometimes in between if Im lazy and have money :ohwell: . I did my hair the other week myself and got so many compliments that people thought I went to the salon. So that was my boost of confidence to do it more. :grin:

Divine Inspiration

As infrequently as possible. LA is the WORST city for finding healthy hair stylists because here it's all about the style...regardless of the means (i.e. weave, damaged hair, etc). After trying 20+ stylists, I've given up on them. These days I do my own stunts. I consider myself style-challenged when it comes to my hair, but I'd rather do a so-so job and know that my hair is healthy than deal with a bunch of foolishness for a less healthy but "cute" style.

I even considered doing the poo/DC portion at home and just going to a stylist for a press, but they all wanted to charge me the same price. :confused: :mad: So, after I finish my DC, I'll whip out my trusty Maxiglide and get to work. :D

atlien11

Atlanta has so many Terrible stylists, so i only go to get my relaxer only after my 11-12 week stretch. I watch them like a hawk and i am no longer afraid of speaking up after so many bad experiences. I have turned into a 'hair beyotch' but oh well. :D I have gotten pretty good at styling my own hair over this.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I HATE SALONS!!! HATE! HATE! HATE!

I don't plan on going again unless it's just something I cannot do for myself. At this point, that would be braids with extensions and that is it.

camellia

I never go to the salon. Haven't been in quite a few years, and that was only for a trim.

I like caring for my own hair and I know that I'll take time with it and make sure I'm 100% satisfied with the results. I also just don't have the time to sit around waiting at a salon all day.

I co-wash or regular/shampoo my hair every few days. I use natural butters and oils and then put it up. Using heat too often was the reason my hair was so damaged for years so I only flat iron once or twice a year now.