Anyone else?

AnjelLuvs

Like GOD doesnt like them << Clicked submit before finishing title...

Sorry to intrude on this forum, but this is the first time realy venturing out into this realm.... But lately, I have been feeling like Jesus/God is not listening/ doesnt like me.... I feel like my life instead of getting better is getting worse and worse by the minute...

I have tried you know talking to him (sometimes thinking whomeva he may be) just asking for guidance, but nothing.... and it has been this way for a while...

Growing up I had no religion in life, so now reaching out feels so forced becaus it doesnt feel genuine, like I am looking for a answer from someone that I can hear nor really speak with... I sometimes think thi sis just the stage I am at in life, but posting this rambling thread to possibly get some type of hope...

TIA..

juju

Right now that is how i am feeling, all i see around me are people who don't even believe there is god and their life is moving on just fine and great nice home, a good job ,family that that will do anything to help them when they need help and good friends all around them,.

I am trying my very best to get close to God praying and reading the bible to find the answers to my problem but it seems god hates me so much that he doesn't care.

leeshbeesh

I am trying to understand the gist of the thread you posted. Are you trying to begin a relationship? There is nothing that God would love more if you are sincere. I can say for myself that even though I grew up in church I was not very comfortable praying or even knew what I was doing. I just spoke/and still speak from my heart and put all the traditional sayings aside. I hope I sort of answered what you asked...if not, I can try again :look:

leeshbeesh

Right now that is how i am feeling, all i see around me are people who don't even believe there is god and their life is moving on just fine and great nice home, a good job ,family that that will do anything to help them when they need help and good friends all around them,.

I am trying my very best to get close to God praying and reading the bible to find the answers to my problem but it seems god hates me so much that he doesn't care.

Although you may feel alone finding God does not mean automatic prosperity. God WILL bless you as He sees fit, but that may not equate to your definitions of success...

HeChangedMyName

Like GOD doesnt like them << Clicked submit before finishing title...

Sorry to intrude on this forum, but this is the first time realy venturing out into this realm.... But lately, I have been feeling like Jesus/God is not listening/ doesnt like me.... I feel like my life instead of getting better is getting worse and worse by the minute...

I have tried you know talking to him (sometimes thinking whomeva he may be) just asking for guidance, but nothing.... and it has been this way for a while...

Growing up I had no religion in life, so now reaching out feels so forced becaus it doesnt feel genuine, like I am looking for a answer from someone that I can hear nor really speak with... I sometimes think thi sis just the stage I am at in life, but posting this rambling thread to possibly get some type of hope...

TIA..

Yes, I've felt like that in the past and sometimes now I will have a day or trying time when I am like. . . . .:perplexed God, are you there? hellooooooo. . . .
For me, I find that I feel like this when I am not listening for him, or when my focus is more about me, than it is about what he has/wants for me. I have a real issue with letting go of the reigns with people and with God. I am always trying to help him to make things work as I see fit. But in the end, God always comes through and I have my lightbulb moment and then he releases things to me, whether spiritual or physical. We have to realize that God is always with us, he is everywhere. We just have to learn how to open ourselves up to communicate with him and live in him and enjoy it. Although we are in physical control of our circumstances, he is above and beyond anything that we can even think of so, even when it seems inpossible--let God do his thing. This is just my personal testimony on the issue. Hope it helps.

ebaby

Psalm 73

BOOK III : Psalms 73-89

A psalm of Asaph.

1Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong. [a]
5 They are free from the burdens common to man;
they are not plagued by human ills.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace;
they clothe themselves with violence.
7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity [b] ;
the evil conceits of their minds know no limits.
8 They scoff, and speak with malice;
in their arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 Therefore their people turn to them
and drink up waters in abundance. [c]
11 They say, "How can God know?
Does the Most High have knowledge?"
12 This is what the wicked are like—
always carefree, they increase in wealth.
13 Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.
14 All day long I have been plagued;
I have been punished every morning.
15 If I had said, "I will speak thus,"
I would have betrayed your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this,
it was oppressive to me
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.
18 Surely you place them on slippery ground;
you cast them down to ruin.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed,
completely swept away by terrors!
20 As a dream when one awakes,
so when you arise, O Lord,
you will despise them as fantasies.
21 When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. 28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

There were times in my life I have felt the same way but I would read this passage. Pay close attention to verse 17. It is until we enter the sanctuary of God, his very presence, reveals to us that it only seems like the wicked are prospering because we know their end. God hears you but his time is not our time.
I went through a season where I did not know if I was going or coming. I grew up in a christian home. My dad has been pastoring for over 20 years. I was so good at pretending that my family thought everything was ok, but GOD knew. It was only until I let go completely, and let GOD.
The whole time the devil was like, Where is the God of your Youth? He was right there the whole time. It was like the footprints poems. When I only saw one set of footprints, this was the time he was carrying me. I look back at all of the evil thoughts and wanting to let go but God continued to carry me. It is true he will never leave you nor forsake you. All we have to do is line up with the word of God and everything else will fall in place. I was letting go of some of it, but I wold keep my share and allow it to fester in my life. God hears you, you are his child and he hears you.

Last edited:

Farida

OP I grew up in the church but I still feel that way sometimes. I also get very irritated when I feel that way and someone tells me that it is me who is refusing to hear God or I don't know what his voice sounds like:ohwell:.

Evolving78

i grew up in the church too and have felt like that as well.
now i struggle with listening to God. my soul and spirit are at war and i feel sometimes like God isn't moving fast enough for me. i still have a lot of things in me that i have not forgiven and turned over to the Lord, so i'm just having a hard time right now.

Evolving78

Psalm 73

BOOK III : Psalms 73-89

A psalm of Asaph.

1Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong. [a]
5 They are free from the burdens common to man;
they are not plagued by human ills.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace;
they clothe themselves with violence.
7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity [b] ;
the evil conceits of their minds know no limits.
8 They scoff, and speak with malice;
in their arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 Therefore their people turn to them
and drink up waters in abundance. [c]
11 They say, "How can God know?
Does the Most High have knowledge?"
12 This is what the wicked are like—
always carefree, they increase in wealth.
13 Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.
14 All day long I have been plagued;
I have been punished every morning.
15 If I had said, "I will speak thus,"
I would have betrayed your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this,
it was oppressive to me
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.
18 Surely you place them on slippery ground;
you cast them down to ruin.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed,
completely swept away by terrors!
20 As a dream when one awakes,
so when you arise, O Lord,
you will despise them as fantasies.
21 When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. 28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

There were times in my life I have felt the same way but I would read this passage. Pay close attention to verse 17. It is until we enter the sanctuary of God, his very presence, reveals to us that it only seems like the wicked are prospering because we know their end. God hears you but his time is not our time.
I went through a season where I did not know if I was going or coming. I grew up in a christian home. My dad has been pastoring for over 20 years. I was so good at pretending that my family tought everything was ok, but GOD knew. It was only until I let go completely, and let GOD.
The whole time the devil was like, Where is the God of your Youth? He was right there the whole time. It was like the footprints poems. When I only saw one set of footprints, this was the time he was carrying me. I look back at all of the evil thoughts and wanting to let go but God continued to carry me. It is true he will never leave you nor forsake you. All we have to do is line up with the word of God and everything else will fall in place. I was letting go of some of it, but I wold keep my share and allow it to fester in my life. God hears you, you are his child and he hears you.

get out of my head!LOL! preach on sista!