Anyone else afraid to "surrender all'?

dicapr

I am on a quest to truly put God in his rightful place in my life. I know that means surrendering my life to him completely. I realize now that I keep holding back from doing that. Somewhere in my heart I feel doing that will only give me some horrific life with me loosing everything dear and precious to me and giving up all my dreams and asperations-somehow surviving to testify that the Lord brought me through. I know that is extreme but that is what is hindering my submission. I know it is the devil trying to prevent my closer walk with God. Does anyone else deal with this issue?

dicapr said:
I am on a quest to truly put God in his rightful place in my life. I know that means surrendering my life to him completely. I realize now that I keep holding back from doing that. Somewhere in my heart I feel doing that will only give me some horrific life with me loosing everything dear and precious to me and giving up all my dreams and asperations-somehow surviving to testify that the Lord brought me through. I know that is extreme but that is what is hindering my submission. I know it is the devil trying to prevent my closer walk with God. Does anyone else deal with this issue?

Yes, it is the enemy. If you are or ever hope to be a parent think about it. Would you ask your child to surrender all to you only to abuse them and afflcit them with the worst life imaginable?

No parent in their right mind would. God is so much greater than us as earthly parents so the life He has chosen for you is a life that is full and rich and more than you ever deemed to dream.

I hope you don't think this is harsh because it isn't meant to be but the train of thought that God is going to take away all my dreams and I'll just hang on and be thankful is a religious mindset. It is based on the culture of the church of today in many cases. It is not based in fact at all and has been one of the lies the enemy has used to lead away those who are rightly the Fathers.

People think they'll just endure the trials of this life so they can get to Heaven. Why is that? Because that's what they've been taught and it's been to their detriment. Heaven wasn't even created for us. Yes, we will go there at some point if we leave this earth through death but Heaven was never meant to be our final resting place. God said He would create a new earth and guess who it's for? US!!!!

Don't settle for the defeatist spirit so prevalent in the church today that says "I'll just hold on cause it'll be better in the sweet by and by". No it can be better TODAY!! It is vital for believers to undertsand their rights and authority, without such we will never be in position to accomplish all that God ordained for us to.

You were created not just to be the child of Mr ? and Mrs?. You are a child of the Most High and your presence here is because there is greatness on the inside of you.

Everyone is born to be great but will you receive the call? Will you allow the Spirit of the Lord to elevate to the position of Daughter of the Most High. I'm talking about your thinking, actions and passion mirroring the one who created you. Not a head knowledge that says I know God created me for a purpose as His child. This goes much deeper. It's a conviction with every part of your being that God wants to release that destiny that is inside of you.

Don't settle and be willing to think outside of the box a little. Many times believers get discouraged because of the things they see going on in the church. Many times those in the church have less victory, faith and obedience than those outside. Seek God for His direction in finding a church that preaches the entire gospel.

By that I simply mean one of balance. Jesus preached the Kingdom of God is at hand. The Kingdom!!! Many churches today dissect the kingdom into prosperity, faith, the word, healing, deliverance and so on and so on. Those are great messages but the body of Christ needs the whole message of the Kingdom or we become unbalanced.

I appreciate your desire to want to know the Father's heart. It's really not as difficult as we have been made to believe. Bless you on your journey.

Last edited:
alexstin said:
Yes, it is the enemy. If you are or ever hope to be a parent think about it. Would you ask your child to surrender all to you only to abuse them and afflcit them with the worst life imaginable?

No parent in their right mind would. God is so much greater than us as earthly parents so the life He has chosen for you is a life that is full and rich and more than you ever deemed to dream.

I hope you don't think this is harsh because it isn't meant to be but the train of thought that God is going to take away all my dreams and I'll just hang on and be thankful is a religious mindset. It is based on the culture of the church of today in many cases. It is not based in fact at all and has been one of the lies the enemy has used to lead away those who are rightly the Fathers.

People think they'll just endure the trials of this life so they can get to Heaven. Why is that? Because that's what they've been taught and it's been to their detriment. Heaven wasn't even created for us. Yes, we will go there at some point if we leave this earth through death but Heaven was never meant to be our final resting place. God said He would create a new earth and guess who it's for? US!!!!

Don't settle for the defeatist spirit so prevalent in the church today that says "I'll just hold on cause it'll be better in the sweet by and by". No it can be better TODAY!! It is vital for believers to undertsand their rights and authority, without such we will never be in position to accomplish all that God ordained for us to.

You were created not just to be the child of Mr ? and Mrs?. You are a child of the Most High and your presence here is because there is greatness on the inside of you.

Everyone is born to be great but will you receive the call? Will you allow the Spirit of the Lord to elevate to the position of Daughter of the Most High. I'm talking about your thinking, actions and passion mirroring the one who created you. Not a head knowledge that says I know God created me for a purpose as His child. This goes much deeper. It's a conviction with every part of your being that God wants to release that destiny that is inside of you.

Don't settle and be willing to think outside of the box a little. Many times believers get discouraged because of the things they see going on in the church. Many times those in the church have less victory, faith and obedience than those outside. Seek God for His direction in finding a church that preaches the entire gospel.

By that I simply mean one of balance. Jesus preached the Kingdom of God is at hand. The Kingdom!!! Many churches today dissect the kingdom into prosperity, faith, the word, healing, deliverance and so on and so on. Those are great messages but the body of Christ needs the whole message of the Kingdom or we become unbalanced.

I appreciate your desire to want to know the Father's heart. It's really not as difficult as we have been made to believe. Bless you on your journey.

High five!! :up:

Neva scurrred chile only happy I have.

Baby there isn't anything to be afraid of. God will take care of you. Your dreams and aspirations will truly come true if you surrender to him. I can only say give it a try but you have to have complete faith in him in order to reap all the benefits. I don't know how good you think your life is now but I will say it would make a world of difference if you flipped that thought process. :) God is your source everything else is a resource.

Baby there isn't anything to be afraid of. God will take care of you. Your dreams and aspirations will truly come true if you surrender to him. I can only say give it a try but you have to have complete faith in him in order to reap all the benefits. I don't know how good you think your life is now but I will say it would make a world of difference if you flipped that thought process. God is your source everything else is a resource.

:clapping: :up:

Girl, I know the feeling. I felt if I gave total control over to God, I wouldn't get married, or it would be to a holy of holies pastor geek, and then I would have to eat carrot sticks, and shave my head bald... (you get the picture)

Its all a lie, and it started back in the Garden of Eden when Satan tempted Eve basically saying that God was hiding something better from her, and God was essentially lying... That lie that Satan initiated keeps going and is even worse today, hence this feeling of not wanting to surrender...

But that is where faith comes in. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen.

Its hard because this world is so powerful and persuasive in all its glitter, glamour...

We essentially feel we need a little bit of world, or little bit of our ideas, mixed into God's ideas and everything would be fine.

Girl, been there, done that.... not going back.

ritzbitz78 said:
Girl, I know the feeling. I felt if I gave total control over to God, I wouldn't get married, or it would be to a holy of holies pastor geek, and then I would have to eat carrot sticks, and shave my head bald... (you get the picture)

But that is where faith comes in. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen.

:lol: :lol: at the bolded part! You meant to say alfalfa :lol: !

I totally agree with everyone. I also struggled with surrendering to God. But the Lord has a funny way of getting us on our knees to wake us up when He really wants something for us (which He always wants His will for us).

I have realized that you will never have the same content, peace and happiness unless you are following God's will for your life. And, more importantly, since God owns and created everything (even the "man-made stuff," since He created our minds and gave us the capacity to invent the things we have), His blessings truly are the best. As they say, when God blesses, HE BLESSES!

No matter what I've gone through, God has NEVER, ever let me down. Even when I didn't follow Him, He is always there to pick up the pieces. satan is only there to try to kill, steal, and destroy. Remember, satan was the cherub angel, so he knows what heaven looks like, and he knows exactly what we will miss out on if we don't follow God. And trust, he's jealous of us (you know, if I can't have heaven/God's love, I don't want anyone else to either)! Just another way to look at it!

LOL! yes, I meant alfalfa with juiced beets with cauliflower!:lachen:

But I like your perspective on how we should be jealous of going to heaven/God. We should want nothing else:)

Back