Anyone ever relax the day after washing?

Silkycoils

I had a coupon for a free wash and style at this white salon and I went . . . and had a good experience. I needed my hair blown out b/c I airdried and it was a little matted and I didn't want the Dominicans to rip my hair out when I get a relaxer. Anywho, could I go tomorrow, even if I'm only using PCJ?

Oh, I have some pics in my Fotki of the blowout. No curl, just blown out. I'm going to go to her again to trim my ends after the relaxer.

cocowhite

I have relaxed my hair the next day after a wash using a child perm and my scalp was ono fiyah!!! So ITA with everyone else wait a couple of days.

Topher

I got my hair texturized for the first time about 8 weeks ago. I [ignorantly] washed my hair REALLY hard and good the night before the morning of having my hair relaxed. Ok, I can "take" a good amount of pain but I thoroughly underestimated how much those chemicals would burn. I was expecting a slight or moderate tingling sensation, not hellfire. I didn't cry or anything; the stinging was tolerable but I would have liked the experience more if it hadn't hurt THAT much. Anyway, nobody told me that I should have left my head alone a few days before getting my hair texturized, but I've learned now.

I'm also thinking that maybe it hurt a lot more than usual because it was my first time. I'm getting my hair texturized tomorrow [2nd time], but this time I prepared myself by not touching my head since Tuesday.

godsflowerrr

i know that it is not good to do this but I have done it before but i made sure to base my scalp really good with summit base and my scalp didn't burn at all. i used optimum mineral relaxer but when i tried this with the motions it did burn...

TonicaG

TonicaG
I washed my hair and got a relaxer the next day and the results were fine for about a week!!! According to a cosmetolgist instructor, the chemical doesn't have anything to "break down". My hair waved right back up as if I had an inch or two of new growth. I had to do a corrective relaxer after waiting for two weeks so I won't be doing that again.

LovelyZ

I think you should wait because if your scalp does burn you will probably end up underprocessing your hair.

balisi

TonicaG said:
I washed my hair and got a relaxer the next day and the results were fine for about a week!!! According to a cosmetolgist instructor, the chemical doesn't have anything to "break down". My hair waved right back up as if I had an inch or two of new growth. I had to do a corrective relaxer after waiting for two weeks so I won't be doing that again.
Sounds like BS to me, because the hair itself is what gets broken down.

In any event, relaxing one day after washing is asking for trouble, regardless of how much protective base you use. I know you want your hair "right" for the meeting (by the way, I'll see you there, God willing), but if your scalp ain't right, you're going to be miserable. Don't be fooled by the PCJ so-called "kiddie" relaxer.

scoobygirl

I have on occasion. If you do it, try not to get lather or rub your scalp, only treat your hair. Don't use a blow dryer on your scalp and don't rake a comb across your scalp. Also make sure your hair and scalp are coated with a light oil so their not too stripped before you get the relaxer. Also if your hair takes a long time to dry or you burn easily it's probably best if you wait a few days.