I'm done with stylists

webby

Think Slim
I\'m done with stylists

I've been doing my own hair off and on for a few years. I never thought I'd ever say this, because I was a hard-core Dominican blowout JUNKIE, but I'm better than they are now /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I really never wanted to cut my hair short, but after a bad relaxer (done professionally) and putting over 40k miles on my truck driving to NYC every other weekend to get my wig blown out...I finally got serious about doing my own hair.

Well, I can report that I finally feel that the only thing I will continue to rely on a stylist to do for me is my relaxer/colourshine and dustings/trims.

I don't rip my hair out when it's wet; I don't rush to get my hair blown and I can leave my conditioners on as long as I like.

How liberating!

J

JenniferMD

Re: I\'m done with stylists

That's great news! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Nonpareil

Congrats on your initiation into the enlightened few! - I haven't been to a stylist since I was about 13, and have no plans to return. We can do without the 'tude, the bad haircare, the expensive prices, the salon gossip! Do I feel a no-stylist challenge coming on?

Seriously though - hairstylists today just have a style and collect ($$$) mindset - they care nothing about your hair - just how many butts they can get in their chair in a day.

genesis

Congratulations! I too have given up on stlyists, in all my years I have never found one that did what I wanted them to do to my hair. I do everything now, and I know more than most of the stylists that I have frequented in the past. If anyone is going to jack my hair up its gonna be me--I won't be paying for someone else to jack it up for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chichi

That's good news! /images/graemlins/up.gif Congrats on almost being 100% stylist-free...

Webby, when you get a chance would you post a step-by-step on how to do a Dominican blowout? I too would love to stop throwing away $40. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thx.

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
genesis said:
Congratulations! I too have given up on stlyists, in all my years I have never found one that did what I wanted them to do to my hair. I do everything now, and I know more than most of the stylists that I have frequented in the past. If anyone is going to jack my hair up its gonna be me--I won't be paying for someone else to jack it up for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

webby

Think Slim

[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
That's good news! /images/graemlins/up.gif Congrats on almost being 100% stylist-free...

Webby, when you get a chance would you post a step-by-step on how to do a Dominican blowout? I too would love to stop throwing away $40. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thx.

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been planning on doing a step-by-step for a long time. My hair comes out better than most of the stylists I've had. I'll try to get some pics up soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!

I'm through with stylist too....too many bad experiences....and don't sleep on the dominican stylist....yes, some do hair well, but I had a few haters that saw my hair was longer than everyone else's in the salon and chopped the length in half and had the nerve to speak in spanish about me. To me the dominicans are not any better than black salons.