Anyone ever use Capilong?

L

LaNecia

I'm still in Phase I, I can't say I've noticed any change yet. I've found that my hair feels 'icky' after two days of applying the product to my scalp so I almost HAVE to CO wash it every two days or so.

Between training at the gym and applying the Capilong nightly, it's a bit of a chore to do my hair (4a/b natural). I wear flat twists and a phony tail but find I have to redo my twists almost daily otherwise I look like a mess!

I'm still trudging forward, however frustrated I may be....:look:

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Lanelle said:
Do you get better results by washing your hair every day or every other day?

I don't know since I don't have time to wash my hair everyday or every other day. My hair takes too long to dry and there is no way I am walking out of my room in 20 degree weather. Even when I have a hat to wear. For me that Capilong just gets absorbed into my hair.

L

LaNecia

I really don't think it needs to be washed as often as I do, I just can't stand the feeling that it leaves in my hair after a few days. In that I'm wearing it up, it really shouldn't be a big deal but.....I still don't like it. Were my hair in braids I probably wouldn't stut about it twice because I wouldn't be able to feel 'that' feeling! I wonder if it would cause build up at the ase of braids? :scratchch

It's such a clear thin liquid, I wouldn't think so....:confused:

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
LaNecia said:
I really don't think it needs to be washed as often as I do, I just can't stand the feeling that it leaves in my hair after a few days. In that I'm wearing it up, it really shouldn't be a big deal but.....I still don't like it. Were my hair in braids I probably wouldn't stut about it twice because I wouldn't be able to feel 'that' feeling! I wonder if it would cause build up at the ase of braids? :scratchch

It's such a clear thin liquid, I wouldn't think so....:confused:

I know what you mean. I was tempted and shocked that it made my hair so greasy feeling. Especially from a water based product.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
classimami713 said:
Okay,

for the folx who have used both Capilong AND Surge, which worked better? Which gave more growth?

I'm going to be truthful and say I saw more results with Capilong since it helped filled in my edges better than Surge. I was using Surge a whole month and I saw minimal results, if any. With Capilong, I didn't experience any phenomenal results, but it did help my edges fill in quite nicely. Anyways this is just my experience. Oh I forgot to add that my new growth is very manageable and I think it can attributed to the Capilong.

L

LaNecia

In my opinion, Surge is tried and true. I have several bottles on stand by and it's always at the front of the cabinet for a quick spritz.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably (at this point) opt for the Surge. However, I've not started Phase II yet so I can't say if it's effective for growth.

The Surge really helped w/my edges from relaxing, too tight ponys and braids. If there were one product I'd keep on hand at ALL times, it would Surge, without a doubt.

ChocoKitty

I currently got my some left over Capilong mixed with Surge. I've been using for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully--I'll get some super growth. :lol:

L

LaNecia

Champagne_Wishes,

Glad the Capilong worked for you! Are you still using the Capilong? How long have you been (or did you) use it for? Did you skip any nights? I've failed 3 nights so far to Massage and Apply (I get home way too late from the gym to be motivated sometimes). When I have, I've simply applied in the morning and then followed up w/my usual evening application.

L

LaNecia

ChocoKitty said:
I currently got my some left over Capilong mixed with Surge. I've been using for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully--I'll get some super growth. :lol:

Hmmmmmmm, now that's an interesting concept! :scratchch The best of both worlds?.....

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
LaNecia said:
Champagne_Wishes,

Glad the Capilong worked for you! Are you still using the Capilong? How long have you been (or did you) use it for? Did you skip any nights? I've failed 3 nights so far to Massage and Apply (I get home way too late from the gym to be motivated sometimes). When I have, I've simply applied in the morning and then followed up w/my usual evening application.

Yes I am currently still using the Capilong. I have been using it since early January. I sometimes miss one night but follow up in the morning or afternoon, depending how much time I can spare. IMO I don't know how 15 drops is supposed to cover my hair so I try to be lighthanded with it and not waste it. I must be going through my slow growth period or something. Ah well I ain't stressing it. I just wanted to replace the length I had before I was damaging it *sigh*.