Anyone go relaxer-free after MSM success?

Tchutchuca

I have hair on my big toes. I use to cut evry month. Am I too weird???

MissJ

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drinking water is important to enable these toxins to be flushed out in your pee (via your kidneys) as opposed to coming out through your skin, causing breakouts. Remember, I wasn't drinking much water at all, so the toxins all came out through my skin. Being an avid colon cleanser and mainly a vegetarian, I didn't think that I had that much junk hanging out in my system! So if you're a heavy meat eater, if you smoke, if you eat a lot of junk laden with preservatives, artificial flavors and colors and such, be forewarned.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! All I eat is junkfood all day! If I take this stuff it might kill me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, it might counter act the effect of the junk foods that could ultimately kill you later in life (heart attack, stroke, diabetes, etc.
) but you would still need to modify that diet!

Edited to add:

Okay, enough of the jokes.
You might want to start with a lower dosage and work up and drink lots of water. I'm presently taking Country Life Maxi-hair with 300mg of MSM per one tablet.

Disclaimer: Always check with your doctor before taking anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I just found this thread again. Is it possible to cut the pills in half if I buy them? I just recently learned how to swallow pills, but I still can't swallow anything big. Plus, I don't want to start off with such a large dosage. I would like to ease my body into it.

soulchild

You can if it's in pill form, not the capsule filled with MSM powder.

I want to know if there's anything wrong with opening the capsule and putting the powder into a drink?

inthepink

You can also buy a pill crusher - but if it has a thick coating and is a REALLY big pill (like GNC Ultranourishair), they won't work. Good luck!

Britt

well i have been taking MSM since Aug. 19 and my hair has grown faster but no change in its texture.

Isis

I would like to know how much faster also Britt and how much you are taking each day. Thanks.

Britt

well i take 2000 mgs a day the GNC powdered capsule form and b4 I started taking it i didnt really notice my new growth coming in so fast. About 3 weeks into my relaxer I had a good 3/4 inch of new growth.

thank goodness i read this post because i upped my dose to 2000 mg and i really don't drink water and i broke out in a rash i thought the neighbor's dog had touched me somehow and he had fleas and i was mad but now i know not enough water glad to find out now i can stop giving my neighbor the evil eye (laughing) jb

Nina_deF

[ QUOTE ]
janisloren said:
thank goodness i read this post because i upped my dose to 2000 mg and i really don't drink water and i broke out in a rash i thought the neighbor's dog had touched me somehow and he had fleas and i was mad but now i know not enough water glad to find out now i can stop giving my neighbor the evil eye (laughing) jb

[/ QUOTE ]

Nanyanika

Any updates!!! on MSM hair, i've just restarted my mine for good this time, i promise.
I'm back on Lignisual pure crystal flakes formula, flax seed oil and silica.

delp

When you detox do you mean frequent trips to the bathroom? I took MSM for the first time last night. I think I took too much. Anyway, It was like I took a laxative. I have somewhere to go today but I am affraid to leave home.

tenderheaded

I started MSM on 9/1, hoping it would help with my coarse 4a/4b hair. As I approach 10 weeks post, I've noticed looser curls all over my head. I can't keep my hands out of my hair! For the past 12 years, I've started my day with 3 glasses of water - a full 24 ounces. I put the MSM in the first glass then chase it with the other 2. I'll have raisins, applesauce, bananas, etc then proceed th my cardio. This works for me. I use PP MSM powder with 3000 mg per 1/2 teaspoon.

Nanyanika

tenderheaded said:
I started MSM on 9/1, hoping it would help with my coarse 4a/4b hair. As I approach 10 weeks post, I've noticed looser curls all over my head. I can't keep my hands out of my hair! For the past 12 years, I've started my day with 3 glasses of water - a full 24 ounces. I put the MSM in the first glass then chase it with the other 2. I'll have raisins, applesauce, bananas, etc then proceed th my cardio. This works for me. I use PP MSM powder with 3000 mg per 1/2 teaspoon.
Hey I'm pleased your getting good results with MSM, i hope i to achive similar results again, my problem is consistency. I need to get back to daily excerise and dieting. Good luck.

ximenia

delp said:
When you detox do you mean frequent trips to the bathroom? I took MSM for the first time last night. I think I took too much. Anyway, It was like I took a laxative. I have somewhere to go today but I am affraid to leave home.

That happened to me when I took 1000 mgs a day and it never let up, it also made me urinate way too often so as much as I loved the results, I had to stop taking it. There's MSM in the hair products I use now which is keeping me on a good growth rate.

sareca

*ElleB said:
bump........
I thought about it because my new growth is sooo much easier to manage, but I'm completely turned off the natural thing right now. I might change my mind, but today I'm thinking Not even if you paid me. :ban: