Anyone go relaxer-free after MSM success?

Britt

EmeraldSky.. I have 4a hair type and I just started taking GNCs MSM on Tuesday. Raven said to wait atleast a month b4 I start to see results. I know that it takes time to notice a difference when taking vits... I will wait patiently and hope for good results

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone with 4a/4b hair used MSM and did it affect the texture of your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, much softer new growth!

AnjelLuvs

I really need to STOP visiting this board, because I have been buying everything for my hair. before I was always like it is just hair. But now since I have been taking good care of it I see the difference.

I started taking biotin, and it has been growing, but I NOW feel like I need a perm more regularly NOW THIS I might buy some MSM from puritan pride tyhe 3 for 1 special for 7 dollars

Shinka

I;m breaking out, I guess it's a good thing. I drink about 2 liters of water sine I've been taking and doing my body for life excerises.

I guess I have to drink more water, before my face turns into a pimple motel.

How long do the breakout last. I have it on my neck chest, face and back....:( this sucks but I guess it goo to detox because I wanted to start eating healthy anyway.

Isis

I've never tried MSM or heard about it until this board.So what brand of MSM seems to be the best? Is it GNC? Puritan Pride? Or does it matter?

I liked this part from the link:

"MSM is no more toxic than water. It can never hurt anyone. If you overdose, the extra MSM becomes inert and just passes through your system. MSM has one side effect...your fingernails and hair will grow faster and become stronger. This is because there is more MSM in hair and nail cells than in any other part of the body. You need a little extra MSM every day to promote good health."

Dejuan42

i've been taking just 1000mg of msm for a while like several months but after reading you guy's post i upped it to 2000mg plus the 500 thats in my msm. Anyway does it take an additional month to see results?

michelle2003

Whats up everyone its me again. Well I also bought MSM, but I am a little scared of taking it because I am only 17, and it says something about promoting collagen development on the bottle so I just want to now what that has to do with hair growth. I hope I didn't just spend 14 dollars for no reason.

michelle2003

Whats up everyone its me again. Well I also bought MSM, but I am a little scared of taking it because I am only 17, and it says something about promoting collagen development on the bottle so I just want to now what that has to do with hair growth. I hope I didn't just spend 14 dollars for nothing.

YuNg

im not noticing straighter growth my hair still looks 4B which i hate. I hate the tight zig zagz in my hair

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
im not noticing straighter growth my hair still looks 4B which i hate. I hate the tight zig zagz in my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have u been taking MSM and what brand are u taking ?

DelightfulFlame

Don't worry about it being for collagen development. They put that on there because a lot of people use it for arthritis pain. It strengthens bones and joints, but is also good for growing hair, skin, and nails. It's a mult-dimensional product that just has several uses.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about it being for collagen development. They put that on there because a lot of people use it for arthritis pain. It strengthens bones and joints, but is also good for growing hair, skin, and nails. It's a mult-dimensional product that just has several uses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking MSM actually helped get rid of some tooth pain I had been having for over a year. The dentist kept telling me I needed a root canal. Since MSM, I haven't felt any pain whatsoever.

Dutchess

Due to pain I have in my hand caused by repetitive motion my physician referred MSM to me. I have been taking it for several months now. This is the reason my hair has grown 6 inches this year!!!!!!!
My new growth is so soft and manageable, this is the first time ever that I've been able to extend my re-touch 13 weeks!! I kept seeing MSM on this board but I didn't know it was the same MSM I was taking that contains glucosamine and chondroitin. WOW! I'm amazed totally.

Nina_deF

[ QUOTE ]
I really need to STOP visiting this board, because I have been buying everything for my hair. before I was always like it is just hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen to that!
Here I go to the sto' again!

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Due to pain I have in my hand caused by repetitive motion my physician referred MSM to me. I have been taking it for several months now. This is the reason my hair has grown 6 inches this year!!!!!!!
My new growth is so soft and manageable, this is the first time ever that I've been able to extend my re-touch 13 weeks!! I kept seeing MSM on this board but I didn't know it was the same MSM I was taking that contains glucosamine and chondroitin. WOW! I'm amazed totally.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much MSM do you take daily, Dutchess?

Dutchess

Isis, my GNC brand suggest you take it as a dietary supplement. 3 tablets a day, preferably after meals. I'm just now wondering if I should go ahead and get a re-touch because I am now into my 14th week and I am getting a little worrried because I have never been able to go post 8 weeks.

Mahalialee4

Come to think of it! My arms have been itching a lot lately and I am getting the same creepy, crawly feeling on them as if the hairs were waving in the breeze, you know like when some of you mention the scalp reactions to Biotin!!!hmmm. It just clicked in. I was wondering what the world is going on with my arms. In fact I have been getting overall hair growth surges. Even on my big toes. Do not laugh...anyone...!!!

Dutchess

LOL
Mahalialee4 I have never had hair on my big toe, never in life. Now all of a sudden I have/had one hair on my big toe
It's the MSM huh? After awhile the crawly, itches go away, I don'experience that anymore.

Isis

LOL! I hope I don't see hair growing on my toes! But, then again maybe it's like a sign of serious hair growth going on (on our heads).

Dutchess, you said you take 3 GNC tablets, how many milligrams is that?

love2bme

Right now I'm taking liquid MSM (2000 mg per 1 TLB sp) with vitamin C by Innovative Natural Products, taste bitter at first but I'm use to it now. Well Ladies my question is do I have to take the MSM brand already combine with Glucosamine Sulfate and Chondroitin Sulfate to obtain optimal results because my brand minus these Sulfates?
Also I'm taking 2 TLB spoon a day with no side effects for 2 weeks now, so how long its takes before you see results....no itcheees or tingling yet not that I want to experience these but not happening to me, at least not yet.

Isis

So you're taking 2700 mg per day. Mine are 1,000 mg each which is about the same.

Mine doesn't have the glucosamine and chondroitin but from what I read, this is ok, just as long as vitamin C is taken. Thank you Duchess, I'm eager to see what happens to my hair with the MSM.

hawaiianhoney

[ QUOTE ]
Mahalialee4 said:
In fact I have been getting overall hair growth surges. Even on my big toes. Do not laugh...anyone...!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry girl, I couldn't resist!