Anyone going to try Texture Manageability System: Beautiful Textures?

kandake

I'm done with the Beautiful Textures Texture Manageability System. I bought the box kit and used 2/3 of the leave in that is supposed to be the active part of the system, so really, one box is good for one use. I used it on DD and it was alright, but I think I can get results that are better using Living Proof No Frizz Styling Cream and Sabino Moisture Block, and I'll feel more comfortable too. I do like the Anti Reversion Conditioner. I will use that to cowash when preparing to straighten.

Above is what I wrote in the Use Your Stash thread a couple weeks ago. Since then I've bought and used the Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight and I like it MUCH better than the BTTMS. It is more expensive, but I like the process way better and I trust the product more. I'm also not trapped into using only their products.

Dayjoy So, you didn't use the entire smooth infusion line? If not, which product(s) did you use?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Dayjoy So, you didn't use the entire smooth infusion line? If not, which product(s) did you use?

kandake The only product I've been using from the line is the new Naturally Straight leave in type treatment. I put it on right before I blow dry. I use it on DD and her hair is silkier and shinier than it has ever been.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Adding my review:

Preliminary review of the TMS system:

Step 1 shampoo: shampoo is very nice, lathered up well, left my hair squeaky clean..like I can hear my hair squeaking as I towel dried.

Step 2 leave in conditioner: have to be careful with this one. I shook before using as directed and for some reason I expected it to have a thicker consistency. As I poured it into my palm, it was still very watery, the potential to be heavy handed is real. Instructions say not to oversaturate so I had to really eye ball how much I was applying to each section. This is the only part I dont like so far.
Im so used to a shake , squirt, apply with my conditioner.
Detangling was a breeze and the "coating" you feel on the hair is evident after a few minutes.
I set my timer for 20 minutes and thats where I am in the process now. Will be back after flat ironing.

HIT:

This Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Reversible Straightening Texture
Manageability System!!!!
I am a transitioning natural. Last relaxer was july of 2012..No big chop..Currently BSL

I posted a initial review in the random thoughts thread but I didnt apparently I didnt finish it..Anyway..After I applied the leave in, and began to blowdry after 20 minute, I knew RIGHT THEN, that this flat iron session was going to work. My hair felt smoother, like salon smooth..and this was just with blow drying
I set my flat iron to 380 and separated my hair into 3 sections to begin that process.. 2 passes was all I needed for my hair to lay down like it had some sense..My hair is flowy, silky, and tons of movement. Im not concerned about curl reversion, curl pattern, or any of that. My goal was to be a straight hair natural and this is how I will continue to achieve that look. I was so tired of flat ironing and my hair poofing up by the time I left my house. I wasnt enjoying my hair at all, and I wasnt enjoying going out either.
My only issue is now I want to apply this to my head for every wash..lol..But Im a little concerned about not being able to deep condition and how that will ultimately affect my hair in the long run. So I decided to use the system once a month. I shampoo and condition every 2 weeks as is, so the other wash day will be used to deep condition, protein treatment if needed.
..It is a life saver so far.

sugarbaybie

Hi Boston...honestly given the direction that the board has gone in, pictures will not be posted of me at any time, but I will say the product definitely does what it says it does my hair is in impeccable condition and healthy and bouncy and straight.

i actually doubted the product a bit since my hair soaks up everything as it is very thick and dense but she used very little product and my hair is still straight even after my 30 min hot a## shower lol...its day 3---and still looks great, it is pretty humid in nyc right now too

i would do the treatment again... :yep:
did it reverse upon your first wash?

sugarbaybie

I'm done with the Beautiful Textures Texture Manageability System. I bought the box kit and used 2/3 of the leave in that is supposed to be the active part of the system, so really, one box is good for one use. I used it on DD and it was alright, but I think I can get results that are better using Living Proof No Frizz Styling Cream and Sabino Moisture Block, and I'll feel more comfortable too. I do like the Anti Reversion Conditioner. I will use that to cowash when preparing to straighten.

Above is what I wrote in the Use Your Stash thread a couple weeks ago. Since then I've bought and used the Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight and I like it MUCH better than the BTTMS. It is more expensive, but I like the process way better and I trust the product more. I'm also not trapped into using only their products.
what about the Aveda do you like better? also i'm looking for something that stays in my hair and makes it easier to detangle and manage during washing. does this do this or revent upon the first sight of water?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
what about the Aveda do you like better? also i'm looking for something that stays in my hair and makes it easier to detangle and manage during washing. does this do this or revent upon the first sight of water?
Aveda doesn't lock you in to using only their products, it is easy to use, and it smells really good (as all Aveda products do). I use this on DD and her hair texture has changed. It is SO MUCH easier to detangle now. It does revert but it's not quite as kinky as it used to be. This is because I use the product often enough that the effects never fully wear off (the fact that I straighten it more often than before may also have something to do with this too). It it supposed to fully wash out in about five washes but I use it about every other wash on her. Her hair dries and straightens so much easier now too. I also use additional heat protectant when I straighten her hair as well.

sugarbaybie

Aveda doesn't lock you in to using only their products, it is easy to use, and it smells really good (as all Aveda products do). I use this on DD and her hair texture has changed. It is SO MUCH easier to detangle now. It does revert but it's not quite as kinky as it used to be. This is because I use the product often enough that the effects never fully wear off (the fact that I straighten it more often than before may also have something to do with this too). It it supposed to fully wash out in about five washes but I use it about every other wash on her. Her hair dries and straightens so much easier now too. I also use additional heat protectant when I straighten her hair as well.
This sounds really good thank you!
  1. Was it difficult to do yourself? Would it be hard to do on myself?
  2. I might buy and do on my hair because the cost for someone else is terribly expensive! How much did it cost?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
This sounds really good thank you!
  1. Was it difficult to do yourself? Would it be hard to do on myself?
  2. I might buy and do on my hair because the cost for someone else is terribly expensive! How much did it cost?
No, it isn't difficult at all. It's a cream and you just apply it to the clean, wet hair before you blow dry. I, of course, use more than the directions say. Sometimes I'll apply it to her wet hair and braid it and flat iron after it has air dried.

The 5oz tube is $28 at the Aveda store (and probably the same at Aveda salons too). I can't tell you how long it lasts because I was trying to get rid of other products and didn't use it exclusively until the last few months. I've already bought another tube for when the current one is empty.

sugarbaybie

No, it isn't difficult at all. It's a cream and you just apply it to the clean, wet hair before you blow dry. I, of course, use more than the directions say. Sometimes I'll apply it to her wet hair and braid it and flat iron after it has air dried.

The 5oz tube is $28 at the Aveda store (and probably the same at Aveda salons too). I can't tell you how long it lasts because I was trying to get rid of other products and didn't use it exclusively until the last few months. I've already bought another tube for when the current one is empty.
Thank you thank you thank you! i'm soon going to the salon to get my first and it will cost plenty out of my wallet. with your post I can go to Aveda next time and just do it myself. the service at the salon with be astronomical. but i'll go ahead and let her straighten things out the first time.

i'm assuming you braid it to help straighten it out some. that will surely help to prevent extra mechanical and heat damage. smart girl!

BGT

@Dayjoy I was thinking of using this on my hair. I'm transitioning and about 50% natural and 50% relaxed. I'm getting a sew-in and want my leave out to match my added in hair. What do you think?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
@Dayjoy I was thinking of using this on my hair. I'm transitioning and about 50% natural and 50% relaxed. I'm getting a sew-in and want my leave out to match my added in hair. What do you think?
I honestly have no idea. I have no experience with sew ins but I can say that the product does make DD's hair shinier than anything else had, which should help your leave out blend better with the sew in, right?

BGT

I honestly have no idea. I have no experience with sew ins but I can say that the product does make DD's hair shinier than anything else had, which should help your leave out blend better with the sew in, right?

I need it straight and not reverting.

BGT

Oh yeah, it's good for making it straight and keeping reversion away much longer.

Ok good. :lol: I'm going to the Aveda salon on Black Friday to get it, hopefully they have good deals. I'm trying to figure out what exactly to get. I'm definitely going to get the smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner, but not sure what else. The Naturally Straight, Styling Creme, Style Prep Smoother, or Glossing Straightener.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Ok good. :lol: I'm going to the Aveda salon on Black Friday to get it, hopefully they have good deals. I'm trying to figure out what exactly to get. I'm definitely going to get the smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner, but not sure what else. The Naturally Straight, Styling Creme, Style Prep Smoother, or Glossing Straightener.
The Naturally Straight is the only product from the line we use.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
@Dayjoy and @sugarbaybie

I washed with the shampoo, DC with the conditioner, used some aphogee green tea spray, style prep smoother, and naturally straight. Blow dried and flat ironed and my results are awesome!!! So much swing and my roots are STRAIGHT!

View attachment 344959 View attachment 344963 View attachment 344965
Your hair looks really pretty. I've never tried the Style Prep Smoother but just bought some during Aveda's triple points event. I'll probably try it on DD next week. I already liked the results from the Naturally Straight alone. I can't wait to see how it turns out with the Style Prep Smoother.