Anyone In Melbourne, Australia Know Of A Good Stylist?

sparkle25

Hello!

So I can’t style hair. Never had any sisters to practice on and don’t have any natural skills. My girl in the USA SLAYS! She did my hair in my profile picture and I love it. I am just looking for someone in the Melbourne area that can style a lace front, like lay the baby hairs and do good wand curls. It’s an emergency lol. I’m not saying white people cant do black hair/extensions etc. I can’t do any hair and I’m black... But you know what I’m saying. I need a black person. Please help lol.

Lute

I'm from the states.. so i don't have any recommendations. Have you tried googling around to see any places that might help you?

I'm also bumping the post up. Hopefully there are some ladies who live down under that help you.

sparkle25

I found this stylist on FB in a group I belong to:

http://www.nakindohairstylist.com/
That woman is in Brisbane which is in a different state, but thank you for trying to help.

Anyways I tried both of the black hair salons in town and they both didn’t really know how to tack down a lace front. The first salon I sat there for two hours waiting for the girl to finish a terrible sew in on some poor Australian girl who didn’t know any better. Then she tried to curl my hair with a cold flat iron, then a cold wand curler then a cold triple barrel. I got up and left. Mind you I called prior to this asked if they could do what I needed and they said yes.

Then I tried a Muslim lady that was recommended to me and she didn’t know what she was doing either. Tried to use WAX on my edges to lay the baby hair. Are you serious?!? And she also uses a flatiron and a wand curler for just the top. The curls looked stupid, like a 8 year old child did them.

Third lady didn’t know how to tack down a lace front either. Put way to much hair spray and gel. I had to wash it out that night. But she did do nice curls however they were flatiron curls and were pretty much gone in like two hours. I wanted wand curls because they look better in my opinion and last longer.

I think it’s pretty much hopeless trying to get my hair done here. There is just not a black community here at all, and the ones that are here don’t seem to get as much practice due to the lack of black in general.

If anyone knows of anyone I’d love the be pointed in that direction but I think it’s hopeless.

GGsKin

Tried hunting IG for you but only found someone on a page called Freedomcrown. Also found a YT called Freedom.Couture. I'm from UK so I'm sorry if that's no help to you.

Last edited:

Kindheart

I m sorry to hear about your struggles , have you tried not black salons aswell ? You never know ..I had a great experience with an Italian salon

sparkle25

I
Tried hunting IG for you but only found someone on a page called Freedomcrown. Also found a YT called Freedom.Couture. I'm from UK so I'm sorry if that's no help to you.
I also found the Freedomcrown. She looks legit. I sent her a message. If this works out I’ll love you forever!

sparkle25

So I found someone who can do it. A 20 year old Sudanese Aussie. She learned from American girls via YouTube. She also makes wigs. I’m posting this to let he ladies that tried to help me out know and posting for anyone else who may have the same struggles now or in the future.

Here is the link to her Instagram. This is what she did to my hair today ( that’s me in the video)

Thanks, curlfriends

ThursdayGirl

So I found someone who can do it. A 20 year old Sudanese Aussie. She learned from American girls via YouTube. She also makes wigs. I’m posting this to let he ladies that tried to help me out know and posting for anyone else who may have the same struggles now or in the future.

Here is the link to her Instagram. This is what she did to my hair today ( that’s me in the video)

Thanks, curlfriends

You are very pretty and your hair is lovely!