Anyone interested in organizing a 24-hour prayer chain?

gone_fishing

I've noticed lately that a lot of our members (christian and non-christian) alike are going through things with marriage, have husbands over-sees, raising children, depression, etc.

I think back in 2000 it was when I did my first prayer chain.

Basically, a group of friends and I got together and we prayed without ceasing for 24 hours. There were probably 20 of us (maybe more) and for 24 hours we each got a prayer partner and selected time (or times) to pray for different issues.

Each prayer "team" was assigned an hour or hours of the day to pray and giving a list of things to pray about (based on the needs of ourselves and our friends and our families).

The Lord touched all of us in an amazing way back then and I could go on and on about the blessed outcome many of the ladies who participated received. We even had a few who started out doubters in their heart who confessed and really were delivered from their own issues during that time.

I look back on that so fondly because it was such a wonderful and beautiful experience.

I was wondering if you all would be interested in organizing a 24 hour prayer chain.

You can submit things to be prayed about specifically and once we have those things in Order we can pick a day to start the prayer chain (generally at midnight) and each other a new prayer team wakes up or continues the prayer chain throughout the day into the next night.

For the purposes of doing this on the internet, I would ask that each team checks in 10 minutes before their turn to post that they are awake and ready to continue the chain.

I believe this would be fun but I also believe that we will all benefit from praying together and possibly this could help us with some of our own prayer requests.

If anyone wants to add suggestions for how we make this work and who we would like to put in the lead to make the prayer lists, etc. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. :yep:

Let me know if you are interested.

gone_fishing

The way I did this before is first we'd make a list of things that need to be prayed for. You can list your personal requests and everyone will consolidate them.

Then we have people sign up for slots of time. Our goal is to cover the entire 24 hours.

We can have either 30 minute or 1 hour slots and you can sign up for as many a day as you want.

At least two people should be signed up for each time slot and those (at least two) would be the prayer team for that time slot.

Everyone will know their topics of prayer taken from the list we create beforehand but you can certainly add to the list whatever or whoever you think needs a prayer.

If there are members that want to submit a prayer request but do not want to be very specific they can submit an unspoken request or PM someone they feel comfortable with at their time slot but I'd prefer that most prayer requests be out in the open.

Once all slots have been filled we will choose a day (probably a weekend).

Then like I said, you should check in 10 minutes before your prayer time on this board just to let us know that you were able to continue the chain.

gone_fishing

Lord help me. I need it now more than ever.

I'll be back and I hope more people join in this but I need to take a break from this forum for awhile.