Anyone Self Relaxing?

bajanplums1

If you are self relaxing, how do you handle parts of the hair that you cannot see. I am thinking about self relaxing. If you are self relaxing, can you offer some guidance, tips, or advice? Thanks.

skoloco

I just started self relaxing; I will for the second time coming up in a few weeks. The back was the hardest part for me so I'm interested in hearing from some more experienced ladies. I had mirrors, but it was still hard to do, and in fact I underprocessed some in the back. :perplexed

Arcadian

The back is always the hardest and takes the longest for me.

To help myself I prep my hair by putting conditioner on the relaxed portions of my hair, then using clips to make ponytails. I don't go for the bone straight look, I aim to to get just before straight (which on me is wavy) So I really only process the back for maybe 10 minutes. The top is really crazy thick and takes the most time to process.

The back of my hair definitly a different texture thant he crown, so its not a problem of me doing it last since it processes in no time. I do my nape every other touchup.

IMO, it takes practice and double checking yourself quite a lot.

-A

angie10

The back is really hard to do, I just feel for the new growth and put the relaxer on there. I'm going to ask my husband to help me put the relaxer on the back, but I don't know which is worse. Doing it myself or letting him do it:lol: