Anyone Still Doin' the Daily Washing Thing?

Jewell

Just wondering...I fell back to twice a week (one shampoo and condition day, one CO wash during the week) but I am thinking hard about going back to daily washing for a while now that my new growth isn't like a briar patch (fresh touch-up). How many of you ladies are still washing daily, and how has it helped, if it has helped at all? TIA! :D

cocowhite

So Jewell you are no longer transitioning?
I am glad you brought this up, because I was how was the daily CW working out for you, if this helping with achieving more new growth?

atl_mulattamami

yes i am doing daily washing...

i CW daily and shampoo/deep condition once a week

the only exception is when i do my 1Xmonthly press and then ill leave it straight for about a week

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
I still do daily CW.. I don't ever use shampoo though..I'm on CG.. I like CW daily.. even before.. when I did use shampoo.. I shampoo'd everyday.. never knew you weren't really suppose to..lol I shampoo'd daily once I was old enough to start doing my own hair...

Jewell

cocowhite said:
So Jewell you are no longer transitioning?
I am glad you brought this up, because I was how was the daily CW working out for you, if this helping with achieving more new growth?

Nope not transitioning anymore. That was my 3rd attempt and my hair began to form a small loc in the back eventhough I was combing it out from the roots every couple days. It was SO hard to comb!!!! :eek: I tried WGHO, grease, daily washing, and nothing made the dry combout easier. Then I began to get tenderheaded and it was horrible...not to mention my hair looked a mess and it was nearly impossible to style it besides braidouts and bantu knot sets, where I had to wash everyday and spend 20-30 mins detangling. :ohwell: I had more shedding too. So, I slapped a relaxer in it and decided it ain't for me! Oh how I admire natural hair though! :p Mine is just hell to deal with!

When I was doing the daily washes it helped with the manageability of my new growth but the hassel to detangle was not worth it after every single wash. Now that I don't have the briar patch anymore, it helps with keeping my hair moisturized and shiny. My hair is really feeling kind of dry by the time my poor little once a week wash rolls around. So, I am thinkin of going back to daily washing and I have and will be bunning during the week and wearing it out on the weekends (gotta let it hang on the weekends ;) ) until I reach my goal length.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I CW daily. I'll prob have to do my hair at night in the winter, though. My hair has never been so healthy. :)

KathyMay

Since taking out my flat twist I have started back daily washing but my new growth is wild and crazy so I will need a blowout or something soon!!!

CarLiTa

i dont' wash daily, but every two days, for about two weeks, and i'm going to keep that up probably till for another month or two. i thought about washing daily though, because the day after i've washed, all the sweating that i do at practice already has my hair tangled and my scalp itching. But i think that's too much manipulation for me.
I think so far it may have helped with growth, along with eating healthy, which is what i've been doing lately. I washed today because i had practice from 9am-5pm and i looked at one of the hairs i shed, and it was 1" stretched, and i'm just 2 days past 5 weeks post. I know i don't have that much growth all over my head though, but oh well, 1" is still great :)

angelbaby

I still do the daily wash. I've been doing it for a couple of years now. It keeps my hair soft and supple, especially with the Elucence. :)

foxybrownsugar

Hi Jewell, I'm still CO'ing everyday. I'm transitioning and it tames my super thick roots and hydrates my sensitive scalp. I have about 5 inches of relaxed hair left but i have kept enough hair for buns and twists. I hope to be through by jan 2006. If i keep up with co's/vitamins/water/healthyfoods i will def. make my goal. I forgot to say i visit the gym regularly & dont like a sweaty scalp/hair. And also like someone else posted, in the winter, i do my hair in the evening/night a few hrs before going to bed.

Last edited:

Jewell

Glad to hear you ladies are having positive results! I am going to CO wash at night when colder weather sets in also, and do the bun thing during the day.

Queenie

I'm still on the daily routine too. I will be giving it up in a couple of wks for the winter. :(

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I did daily washing/rinsing in July, August and most of Sept. I'm wearing protective styles so it was not hard to do this every night in the shower. I was :eek: at all the new growth. The past 2 weeks I have been washing and detangling my hair then the next day rinsing while my ponytail was in so I didn't have to comb. I have a tu scheduled for friday so I had to cut back my daily or every other day schedule this week. My scalp is itching like crazy. After the touch up I'll probably wait 3-4 days before I wash again.

isioma85

Bumping! (this thread is a year old on Thursday :eek: )

I put myself on a daily washing challenge for this week, and so far I'm going good. My hair is actually soft! :eek: I clarified on Thursday, and have been co-washing everday since then. I section, oil and airdry overnight, then moisturize and put on my half-wig in the mornings. Everyone's been asking me who did such a good relaxing job on my hair - and my last relaxer was at the end of August! :D

I recommend daily washing for a short period of time as an intensive moisturizing programme for anyone with thick 4a/b hair like mines that doesn't seem to soften with any kind of moisturizer. My hair feels very nice, it likes the water a lot. And I haven't had to use heat at all, which totally amazes me. At the end of this week I'll deep condition and go back to my weekly/biweekly washing. (but i don't want to.....:( )

PS Be very careful with manipulation, GENTLE FINGER COMBING ONLY! :)

angelita842002

I co wash every other day and shampoo on sundays. And my hair loves it it is soft and easier to deal with because i detangle it in the shower put it in a bun and tie it up with a scarf. My hair is pretty straight in the morning so just a little moisture and ic gel to the edges and im good to go.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I've been doing daily co washes since April and my hair loves it. The only time I missed a day was when I knew I was getting a relaxer or I was just to tired to do it. On those days, I just greased my scalp and doned a head scarf.

kitkat3ny

PerfectDoak said:
I CO wash daily (or most days) as my hair looks a mess and gets very dry if I don't.

This explains my hair perfectly. I have dry hair now as it is, if I didn't CW daily I don't even want to think about what my hair would look like.

Cichelle

CW daily for a year now. Occasionally I will skip a day, but that's it. Daily cowashes keep the knots/tangles away and help to keep the moisture level up. :)