Anyone still use MY HONEY CHILD Type 4 Hair cream??!!!

healthyhair2

I am trying to find my ULTIMATE moisturizer. My natural hair is soooo DRY!!!! I am Dc'ing as we speak. Anyhow, I have heard through the grapevine that many type 4's LOVE this stuff. If you have tried it and STILL use and adore it, let me know. If you have any tips on how to BEST utilize it, let a sister know that too :) January will be my one year Natural Anniversary and I want to maximize my growth, which means ditching the dryness. By the way ladies, if you have a holy grail product that you think is BETTER-mention that too!!! I have realized that I am a mixture of 4 a,b AND c.....good grief. That stubborn 4c patch is in the crown of my head.

Me ,me ! I still use it and it's a really good sealer for the winter ,I love the minty scent and rich buttery consistency i usually apply it on freshly washed and slightly damp hair ,it works wonder to define and keep my hair soft and moisturized .I m a fan of the soy butter aswell .

Last edited:
I purchased it during the BF sale. I spritz lightly with water then apply the cream. Love it!

I just bought this from the BF sale. Not sure why this is advertised as a moisturizer. To me, it's a sealant. Now the Type 3 cream is a moisturizer which I also bought for that purpose.

I love this stuff! I agree that it is more of a sealant. That's how I use it and my hair is in love with it. The smell is sorta minty but pleasant not overbearing or offensive. ^^^I need to try the type 3 cream!

IDareT'sHair

I have the buttery soy and I like it, too. I love the consistency. A little goes a long way. I'm going to have to compare the two to see which one is better.

I was going to buy it at BF, but it didn't look like a moisturizer when I read the ingredients. If you want a moisturizing butter/cream, try Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter.

I was going to buy it at BF, but it didn't look like a moisturizer when I read the ingredients. If you want a moisturizing butter/cream, try Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter.

I never tried this but found it for like $8 or 9 at Target and I had to get it and that Algae conditioner! But yeah it nice and moisturizing the consistency reminds me of Qhemet AO creme without glycerin.

Lol! I know! Once a long while back Target had that Nexxus emergencee on clearance girl there were like 10 bottles I got every one! The cashier looked at me all weird! I just smiled cause at $4 for those 4oz was whack! Lol I have no problem clearing the shelf!!IDareT'sHair

I am trying to find my ULTIMATE moisturizer. My natural hair is soooo DRY!!!! I am Dc'ing as we speak. Anyhow, I have heard through the grapevine that many type 4's LOVE this stuff. If you have tried it and STILL use and adore it, let me know. If you have any tips on how to BEST utilize it, let a sister know that too :) January will be my one year Natural Anniversary and I want to maximize my growth, which means ditching the dryness. By the way ladies, if you have a holy grail product that you think is BETTER-mention that too!!! I have realized that I am a mixture of 4 a,b AND c.....good grief. That stubborn 4c patch is in the crown of my head.

I like Purabody Murumuru (her sale is still on bogo) and seal with MYHC type 4 cream.healthyhair2...Love this combo

Hibiscus30

I would have cleaned them out too.:lol: That's a Staple for me.

I ordered my Jai (1st time) during Target's Sale. Hadn't tried it before.

When it arrived, I thought Dang! I shoulda' picked up x2 (especially for the price).:blush:

I went back to make another Cart also because they also had KBB on Sale too and I didn't get any.... when I went back in the Sale was over.:perplexed

Yessss!! I'm always on the lookout for them low prices (this man here always be rolling his eyes at me...Lol but still be filling that cart up) I like KBB Sweet Ambrosia in Pomegranate...and I loved that Lime scent (she doesn't sell that scent anymore)
IDareT'sHair

Yes I know! It's very sweet...guess they were advised not to offer too many choices...idk Pomegranate Guava

healthyhair2
Yep! It's my baby daddy!!! The holiest of Holy Grails.

Been using it for 3 years. Just re-upped during her B1G1 8oz Black Friday sale. Bought 6.

I apply it directly after rinsing out DC. It works well with all of my gels. Hair stays moisturized for days.

The Type 3 cream was not moisturizing enough for my hair.

I am natural, 4C.

Pompous Blue my hair and this cream are in love with each other! It took me a while to find a perfect match this stuff blends with everything I use...love it!

I was thinking of getting that type 3...best leave it alone! I'm a true a 4C

@Pompous Blue my hair and this cream are in love with each other! It took me a while to find a perfect match this stuff blends with everything I use...love it!

I was thinking of getting that type 3...best leave it alone! I'm a true a 4C
@Hibiscus30 Yep, I love me some Type 4. The consistency is perfect and controllable. I ran out in Sept and had to order some more online; bought the 16 oz jar. I had to use it sparingly and wait on her BF sale! I wish her BF sales would include the 16 oz jars. I hope I bought enough this year...LOL.

I used to DC, use a hair milk and a heavy cream before styling my hair. What a waste of money! The Type 4 cream alone moisturizes my hair for days.

I've used it with Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, Curl Junkie Pattern Push, Curl Prep Sweet Buttah, Entwine's Jelle Styler, etc. My hair always comes out moisturized, soft and defined!

And although the Type 3 cream is good, too....it wasn't heavy and moisturizing enough for my hair....

And BTW, I'm fine-haired and the Type 4 cream does not weigh my hair down.

I was concerned this was more of a sealer than moisturizer. I even reached out to MYHC to confirm. She confirmed it is indeed a moisturizer. I spritz with a little water for safekeeping then apply type 4. My hair loves it and it doesn't love much.

Pompous Blue Yes! I follow Jouelzy a YouTuber she turned me onto this stuff. I got my 10yr old niece some (she swears we are hair twins...Lol) so whatever I buy for me I double that amt to share! But she is more of a 4A/B with 4C in the middle

But yeah I don't have to worry bout waking up looking like ThunderCat since I discovered this stuff right here!...Lol I will always keep type 4 cream around!

Why did i come in here?
I am now $54 poorer.

I KNOW you did not just go in on some MYHC ronie! :dead:

As far as the OP, I :love: the Buttery Soy. It smells faintly of some type of cake...very faintly. The consistency is amazingly smooth, goes on excellently and seals in any and all moisture. Just make sure you are using something water based underneath or just plain water.

Another really good moisturizer is Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. This has been a staple for me, but was recently bumped up to HG status. Girl, this stuff is the bomb diggity. The way it goes on is so nice and smooth. The moisture lasts for days and a little goes a long way...next sale she or her retailers have, I'm stocking up. I like to use it on top of a little water or a light hair milk/leave in.

I KNOW you did not just go in on some MYHC ronie! :dead: As far as the OP, I :love: the Buttery Soy. It smells faintly of some type of cake...very faintly. The consistency is amazingly smooth, goes on excellently and seals in any and all moisture. Just make sure you are using something water based underneath or just plain water. Another really good moisturizer is Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. This has been a staple for me, but was recently bumped up to HG status. Girl, this stuff is the bomb diggity. The way it goes on is so nice and smooth. The moisture lasts for days and a little goes a long way...next sale she or her retailers have, I'm stocking up. I like to use it on top of a little water or a light hair milk/leave in.

I had my eye on the bee mine balancing cream but it is pricey, I think you can get the small one for like five dollars but with shipping is it worth it, I rather get a big one and don't have to worry about it for a while

I KNOW you did not just go in on some MYHC ronie! :dead: As far as the OP, I :love: the Buttery Soy. It smells faintly of some type of cake...very faintly. The consistency is amazingly smooth, goes on excellently and seals in any and all moisture. Just make sure you are using something water based underneath or just plain water. Another really good moisturizer is Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. This has been a staple for me, but was recently bumped up to HG status. Girl, this stuff is the bomb diggity. The way it goes on is so nice and smooth. The moisture lasts for days and a little goes a long way...next sale she or her retailers have, I'm stocking up. I like to use it on top of a little water or a light hair milk/leave in.
Froreal3 I have been eyeing the line for a while. I had a ghost cart for months. I recently removed the olive you dc after you reviewed it. I think added the buttery soy that same day after I saw you mentioning it. Then this thread came in today. How much can a PJ take? Lol.
So I got the buttery soy, the type 4 cream and something else to make the $50 free shipping. I hate y'all. I wish I had made up my mind before the BF sale. Oh well.

Back