Rollersetting Natural Type 4 Hair

options

Has anyone had any success with rollersetting their natural type 4 hair? I am looking for an alternative to twist- or braid-outs that will give me a similar look or an entirely different one (smoother curls perhaps). I haven't rolled my hair in years and really don't know where to begin, or if it's even worth trying on my hair. I don't know what type of roller to use, what size, what solution or styling product to roll it with, etc.?

Also, if anyone does this and has pictures of the results, I'd love to see.

itismehmmkay

You know, I want to say that someone on the board has done that. She had pics and everything. Maybe someone will come up with the post (I'll look for it also in my spare time).

I will say though, your hair won't look like you're conventional rollerset. You might have go over each section with a curling iron.

options

I'm not expecting my hair to look like a relaxed person's head who did a rollerset. I know it'll be different, but I am looking for a stylistic alternative to "outs" (braids and twists).

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
ok i have been wondering about salon like results on a natural rollerset so i am going to try it tonight and post pics in my album

Amazon11

I have done single twist then spiraled them on perm rods on my natural hair clients ..it's a very cute look..very old Lauryn Hill,lol...just use whatever gel you use with your twist outs..I would probably add more oil to the hair as well...

GodMadeMePretty

Excuse my ignorance but what is a single twist? Is that one strand of her twisted like you would twist to make a bun or bantu/china knots?

bettydavis

I tried once but after a day and a half it still wasn't dry. I would give it another try with hair that was just slightly damp, not wet.

Shatani

theres a NP memeber who has a fotki album, i think her name is maggiemags...she has a FLY roller set....im gonna see if i can post a pic for you...the girl got skils!
~T~

loverofnaps71

AFSlave: What a beautful set! Your hair is gorgeous.

I've used the flexible rods to rollerset before and they worked very well. My hair is really curly, so I needed to smooth out pretty well...

AFashionSlave

[ QUOTE ]
AFSlave: What a beautful set! Your hair is gorgeous.

I've used the flexible rods to rollerset before and they worked very well. My hair is really curly, so I needed to smooth out pretty well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank ya very much!
I have never been able to figure out how to use those flexible rods. I have at least 10 packages of those things that I have never used.