Anyone still using Naturalaxer by African Wonders?

Kinkyhairlady

I used this back in 01 to 02 but ended up putting a relaxer in my hair by 03. I have to say I really liked the product back then, I was a bit naïve though about hair so I would use anything. I am wondering if the product is the same and if more ladies started using it since it has been around for a while.

My experience with it back then was that it loosen my curl pattern just a little bit, I still had a pretty nice afro but if I hot combed my hair it was silky straight. My stylist at the time was not aware I was using this product and she would always be so amazed on how straight my press and curls were , I never said a word. Since I am natural again I am thinking I want to use the product again to make my hair more manageable but I want to hear recent reviews on this product since I have not used it in 8 years.

http://www.naturalaxer.com/faq.html

Kinkyhairlady

So what is this? I seen this many years ago and assumed it was a texlaxer.

It is completly natural but it does give the effect of a texturizer if you want it to. Like I said I still had my afro but when I wanted it straight I blowdried or pressed and curl. I am tempted to start using it again but over the years the formula may have changed idk.

yamilee21

I never heard of this product before, but their "Nap-O-Meter" chart and "cpi" (coils per linear inch) are... interesting. :look:

I would be a bit skeptical about the "no harsh chemicals" claim. They say their product is alkaline, in contrast to competing products, which are acidic. But relaxers, lye and "no lye" are also alkaline; I wonder if they simply aren't using a lower concentration of a "no lye" chemical.

MarieB

I used this a couple of years ago when I was looking for an alternative to relaxers (just starting out on my HHJ). It was just "aight" for me, more like a DC than anything, but I also seem to recall that it took foreeeevvverrr to rinse out.

Kinkyhairlady

It is applied just like a relaxer but you smooth with your fingers, leave it on for 15mins. when you wash it out your hair will probably look the same but will feel so much smoother. I was able to wear my natural hair in a bun and show off some waves. The more I think about it the more I might get this and post results. I had no issues with washing it out.

Ms Lala

It says the results are permanent. What exactly do they mean by natural? Technically lye is natural.

VinDieselsWifey

i remember reading about this about 7 years ago when i started my HHJ. i really, really, really wanted to try it but never did. it does look tempting though...