anyone use Emami AMLA hair plus oil or any Indian oil?

Naijaqueen

I just got it, I like it, its made of almond, henna, aloe vera and amla. Its a herbal hair oil, makes my hair feel really soft :)

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I have the Emami Amla hair plus oil. I used it as a pre-poo treatment as the bottle suggested and then I added some to my deep conditioner with heat. At first I couldn't handle the smell at all. I felt like I was going to pass out but after I used it a few times it didn't smell so overbearing. Apparently I got used to the smell of it. I really liked this product, it made my hair hair soft, shiny and strong but it made my hair very dark/ black so I stopped using it for this reason only. But overall it's very good. No complaints whatsoever.

Naijaqueen

thanks guys, I'm trying to get used to the smell, feel even my perfum cant mask it. I see it makes ur hair black, I'm already a type I, so thats fine with me :D
I kept mine overnight yesterday, and since I'm about to go get my hair washed today, figured it should be fine.

Naijaqueen

ONEBLESSEDRN said:
Does anyone know if you can you purchase Amla oil online?

I got mine online from www.naturalplaza.com, shipping is free, 3days priority, I had to order some other stuff from them and came across it

renee_n_3000

Naijaqueen, the ingredients in that oil sound great so I may get it. :)
There is an Indian market a couple of towns away from me and they sell Alma oil but the first ingredient is theirs is mineral oil, so I've never tried it.

MJ

I make my own amla oil with amla powder and coconut oil. It smell good, kind of coconutty. I've using once each week for the last 6 weeks. Does that count?

Jewell

ONEBLESSEDRN said:
Does anyone know if you can you purchase Amla oil online?

I buy my Vatika Oil from a seller named Shantikara on Ebay. They have a store with a variety of Indian oils and ayurvedic products. They are reasonable IMO, too. You can also find it at www.theoriginalstore.com. There aren't any Indian stores in my area (that I was successful in finding) so I have to order online. :ohwell:

ETA: The Vatika oil I have is a pure coconut oil base because it solidifies when cooled...and I have been successful at finding Indian hair oils (including Amla Oil with sesame oil bases, not with mineral oil).

Last edited:

tryn2growmyhair

mzjones said:
I make my own amla oil with amla powder and coconut oil. It smell good, kind of coconutty. I've using once each week for the last 6 weeks. Does that count?
I also make my own amla oil. It smells really nice, almost sweet. I use olive oil and infuse it with the amla powder in a double broiler for several hours. I then allowed the powder to infuse for several days before taking out the oil. It smells really nice, almost like candy. I dont know why there is such a huge difference in smell between the homemade and the commercial version! Do those manufacturers really think that the fragrance that they have added is nice?! Also, Dabur Vatika has a base of mineral oil, and I do not like putting pure mineral oil in my hair. If you have the time, I recommend making a big batch of your own using a nutritious natural oil, like olive or coconut, and amla powder.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I have this and a couple of other oils. I'm not consistent in using it though. I rarely use any kind of oil, I dont know why I buy them when it takes forever for me to use them.

MeccaMedinah

tryn2growmyhair said:
Also, Dabur Vatika has a base of mineral oil, and I do not like putting pure mineral oil in my hair.

My Dabur Vatika is coconut based. It has no mineral oil listed.

tryn2growmyhair

MeccaMedinah said:
My Dabur Vatika is coconut based. It has no mineral oil listed.
I meant to write the Dabur Amla oil. They make Vatika, which has neem, henna and lemon, etc. I personally do not like Henna and lemon for black hair, so that's why I stopped using the Vatika. Their amla oil is in a mineral oil base. I didnt like the ingredients and the accompanying smell. I personally would feel uncomfortable with my hair having that funky smell that those products have so I made my own and the smell is much better.

Mestiza

Currently, I use Dabur Amla Hair Oil, sometimes. As soon as I finish it up, I'm going to try to make my own Amla Oil. I prefer using Coconut Oil or EVOO on my hair instead of mineral oil.

Cinnabuns

Naijaqueen said:
I got mine online from www.naturalplaza.com, shipping is free, 3days priority, I had to order some other stuff from them and came across it

Thank you for pisting this Naijaqueen. I would love to get some of this stuff soon. :)

pharmd

How does the dabur vatika oil smell? Can I apply it to the ends of my hair everyday? Does it stain your clothes/pillow cases? I'm looking for a replacement for Kemi Oyl.

tryn2growmyhair

pharmd said:
How does the dabur vatika oil smell? Can I apply it to the ends of my hair everyday? Does it stain your clothes/pillow cases? I'm looking for a replacement for Kemi Oyl.
It smells funky IMO. Some people can stand the sell but I cant. It has a different texture to Kemi Oyl. If Iwere you I would substitute jojoba for the Kemi Oyl.

gn1g

I use Keo Karpin hair oil says it is for strong roots and silky hair. No ingredients listed. I also use another product that says it contains almond oil and hisbiscus flower oil for shedding. doesn't seem to be working.

shalom

A friend of mine just came back from a trip to India and brought back the Dabur Amla oil I haven't tried it but I'm told it's a really strong hair tonic and that it is know for turning your hair black.

Any seen any growth from using this? I don't know if I'm totally cool with using Indian hair care products, I have a theory: Anyone ever notice that a lot of the older Indian women are really thin at the top of there head? Think about.

MJ

tryn2growmyhair said:
I also make my own amla oil. It smells really nice, almost sweet. I use olive oil and infuse it with the amla powder in a double broiler for several hours. I then allowed the powder to infuse for several days before taking out the oil. It smells really nice, almost like candy. I dont know why there is such a huge difference in smell between the homemade and the commercial version! Do those manufacturers really think that the fragrance that they have added is nice?! Also, Dabur Vatika has a base of mineral oil, and I do not like putting pure mineral oil in my hair. If you have the time, I recommend making a big batch of your own using a nutritious natural oil, like olive or coconut, and amla powder.

My smell the same, yummy :) Don't understand the huge difference between the homemade and the commercial either (Dabur stinks :ohwell: )

dlewis

I use Dabur Amla Hair Oil and I love the way it makes my hair feel. I leave it on my hair with a plastic cap all night, and then wash in the morning. It does stink!

dlewis

Indian women have the most beautiful black hair. I have seen the older women and older men with the very thin hair or bald head at the top. Do ya think it's probably hertitary?

LongIslandBeauty

I use Brahmi Amla oil as an overnight prepoo once a week for a bout a year. I think it has definitely made my hair thicker and my roots manageable.