Emani Amla Oil Plus & Emani Amla Shampoo

Stacy TheLady

Hi ladies, Jus got in from some compulsive spending. :grin:

I bought Amla Oil Plus which has well amla, of course, Henna, Aloe Vera and Almond Oil and the Shampoo has amla in it as well.

Anyone used these products? Am a natural and am looking for length but am tryin to get my hair as healthy as possible first. Am shoulder lenght and 3c/4a (i think).

I also bought Rice Bran Oil...the bottle says it helps stop breakage and split ends also aids with healthier, shinier & longer hair. Ingredients: Sesame Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Jojoba, Mink Oil, Canola Oil, Safflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E, in that order.

Please comment and let me know your experiences. thanks

Last edited:

Geminigirl

Ive never heard of these products they sound interesting though. Are they Ayuvedric? Where did you purchase? Who makes them? Any pics?

Stacy TheLady

Ive never heard of these products they sound interesting though. Are they Ayuvedric? Where did you purchase? Who makes them? Any pics?

I want to believe they are Ayuvedric...am not too sure. Am now venturing in depth into hair care. I live in the Caribbean so i bought it at Pennywise Distributors ( the major personal and cosmetics store in the country). I have pics but i dont know how to upload. Every time I try it, it doesnt show.

The company is Emani and they are indian in origin. i will post it on my fotki later tonight. certain sites are blocked at work (sorry)

Stacy TheLady

read on the amla oil. The Emani brand is the one i bought: http://images.google.tt/imgres?imgu...?q=amla+oil&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=20

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I have Dabur, but not Emani.
But the Emani looks better than the Dabur, ingredient-wise.
I'm kind of mad now..I bought the Dabur Amla all excited...only to find out it's full of junk. :lol: Canola and Mineral oil. smh.

After you've used the Emani oil for some time, please post a review?

Stacy TheLady

I have Dabur, but not Emani.
But the Emani looks better than the Dabur, ingredient-wise.
I'm kind of mad now..I bought the Dabur Amla all excited...only to find out it's full of junk. :lol: Canola and Mineral oil. smh.

After you've used the Emani oil for some time, please post a review?

I sure will but i think i need to do a clarify wash on my hair first.

adw425

I researched the Emani amla a couple years ago and the ingredients are better than the Dabur. Also, rice bran oil is great. Yours is mixed with a lot of other good oils, but I get mine undiluted from a couple of places like oilsbynature. It is a very nutritious oil that is very inexpensive. I have been using about three years now.

Stacy TheLady

Thanks for all the feedback. I thought i was alone with the rice bran oil. I used it yesterday after i did a pre poo with the Amla Oil. The results are great. My hair feels lighter, softer and looks shinier thank before. I intend to use this method until the years end. Am hoping for at least 2 inches of growth by then.

Ok so what i did yesterday was as follows:
1. Pre poo with Amla Oil for 2 hours.

2. Wash with Amla Shampoo Plus (By Emani as well. Which has Amla, Lemon, Aloe Vera and Almond in it). My hair felt a bit coarse after washing. I have not washed my hair with shampoo for a month now, so am not sure if that's the reson for the coarse feeling. Also i washed my hair twice with the shampoo to get rid of the amla oil scent, so that to can be a reason too

3. I towel dried for about 5-10mins and followed up with a moisturizing DC with Lustrasilk Cholesterol Shea Butter and Mango and i added soem Shea Butter Oil as well. I DC for 2 hours.

4. Combed out with conditioner in the shower and rinsed then i put my hair back in a pony and wrapped with a towel to soak up excess water.

5. I was tired so i went to bed...LOL. When i woke up my hair was dry but really really soft and ready to be moisturized. I sectioned and applied Rice Bran Oil, Marula Oil and my mix of EVCO EVOO and Vit E. I didnt feel like doing my corn rows right away so i braided.

http://public.fotki.com/19-83/amla-oil-gonna-try-/

Last edited: