Anyone use Rene Furtherer Products?

I used to use them religiously. But in a bid to save money switched to some less expensive products.

I still use the carthame oil as a pre-treatment before my touch-ups. I love it and so does my hair dresser.

I used to use Complex 5 for my scalp. It is very effective for keeping the scalp healthy and stimulating growth, but expensive so I never bought it again.

I looked at the ingredients and decided not to buy it when I saw that most of the good ingredients in their products could be bought at the supermarket. :ohwell:

I have seen the same thing quite frankly with Phyto (I am not talking about the relaxer, because I would never switch from my current relaxer but some of the other products) and Kerastase. The Kerastase serum is the bomb but at 30 for a small bottle that is too much. Their masquintense was good too, but I only got two to three uses out of it -- that means it cost me 15-10 bucks to use it -- you can get a Dominican blowout in some places for that! I just cant justify spending that much money for a product unless it is GUARANTEED to grow my hair down to my butt, which no product is.

That's why I've just switched to natural oils and my hair has been really happy.

If I win the lottery, maybe my opinion of these products will change.

tryn2growmyhair said:
I looked at the ingredients and decided not to buy it when I saw that most of the good ingredients in their products could be bought at the supermarket. :ohwell:

I have seen the same thing quite frankly with Phyto (I am not talking about the relaxer, because I would never switch from my current relaxer but some of the other products) and Kerastase. The Kerastase serum is the bomb but at 30 for a small bottle that is too much. Their masquintense was good too, but I only got two to three uses out of it -- that means it cost me 15-10 bucks to use it -- you can get a Dominican blowout in some places for that! I just cant justify spending that much money for a product unless it is GUARANTEED to grow my hair down to my butt, which no product is.

That's why I've just switched to natural oils and my hair has been really happy.

If I win the lottery, maybe my opinion of these products will change.

Same with me. I use to work at Sephora, and I've read the ingredients for every hair product there and got to sample a number of them. They were nice and all but nothing so fabulous that I could justify spending all that money on them, even with my discount.

Now like mentioned, if I suddenly started rolling in the bucks than I probably would splurge on these type of products. :lol:
But for those on a budget you could most likely get similar results with a cheaper brand.

I used them long ago but I never bought them again. I don't think they are worth the money. I think it's good for your hair but my hair didn't feel silky or that great. I want some miracle results for that amount of money.

dtachi said:
Same with me. I use to work at Sephora, and I've read the ingredients for every hair product there and got to sample a number of them. They were nice and all but nothing so fabulous that I could justify spending all that money on them, even with my discount.

Now like mentioned, if I suddenly started rolling in the bucks than I probably would splurge on these type of products. :lol:
But for those on a budget you could most likely get similar results with a cheaper brand.
I totally agree!

Back