anyone using

Tara

My hair is cornrowed without extensions. I am not wearing these to be worn "out", so I continue to rinse and condition wash daily. They get fuzzy, so I wear and headwrap and go.

I get them rebraided every two weeks, with one week of rest in between which seems to work. It's been so far, so good.

I spray them daily, sometimes twice a day if I'm bored with a jherri curl spray.

I know there are other braid wearers on this board, so this will bump the post up for them too.

Kitkat

I have in the past and plan to do so again very soon. I rebraided my hair every 3 or 4 months. Many people recommend that you not leave braids in for more than 1 month, but I had no problems stretching it out that long. I sprayed my scalp and the braids daily. I didn't wash them as frequently as I should have, but thanks to the knowledge from this board I will probably wash them every week or 2 when I get them again.

I know that many others here have braided or are in braids now, including HoneyRockette and Adrienne, so I'm sure that you'll get many different suggestions. I hope this helps.

**edited to add that I had box braids**

L

legs71

I am an avid microbraid wearer. I get my hair braided back to back only because it has no negative effects on my natural hair. I wash my hair once a week even though I am considering washing one week and rinsing the next since it's winter. As far as moisturizing I use curl activator, a tiny bit of braid spray or vitamin e oil. I don't apply these products on a daily basis only if necessary. I am able to braid so my braids last 3 months sometimes even 4 because I retouch them as needed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HOTCHOCOLATE

Nikkiheaven,

I'm doing twists w/extensions. I shampoo and deep condition once a week. I also do condition wash only or apple cider vinger rinses 2 or 3 times during the week. On a daily basis, I spray my twists 1 or 2 times/day with a mixture I made: infusion leave-in conditioner, liquid gylcerin, jojoba oil, and 8 drops of rosemary oil.

For my scalp, I apply once daily the ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND for hair growth (check the recipe board) and also Nioxin Nx3 on the thin spots only.

This is my first time doing twists, so I'm still in my learning phase. I will be taking my twists out Feb 21st so, my fingers are crossed that this works. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NAY007

i love to wear my hair in cornrows from time to time. i love the style and also if i want i can add some hair in a different haircolor whenever i get the urge to change my own haircolor /images/graemlins/grin.gif. i usually never leave the cornrows in longer than 5 days and that is long. i just hate hate hate frizzy braids or cornrows. i guess i am picky.
nay

londongirl3

I am the queen of braids!! I have done microtwists and microbraids which can last for ages depending on how often you retouch them and with gentle washing.

I find that I have to rebraid my hair after 4 weeks with normal sized braids, so I will only have them in when I am broke and have time to redo the hair. I'm not into touchups really, so I usually take off the braids when my hair has grown too long to look neat.

I also have done cornrows but those never stay long because they get messy fast.

I've found that the trick with braids is to keep your normal hair routine. That will keep the hair moisturised and it will be much healthier when it comes out. It's so easy to forget all about the hair when it's in braids!!!!

Peacesteem

I use to do small braids, but after looking at the growlongafrohair.com I learned that small is not better.
The site had some good info for relaxed and natural heads.
I leave my hair in box braids no extentions. the parts are medium. I do a no poo twice or once a week. Sometimes I might do it every three days. While I'm in the shower I slather unrefined shea buter on the ends and twist my hair into a small bun. Daily I use infusuim 23 leave in treatment. In addition I do AVC rinses or put some shampoo on the scalp when I need to cleanse my scalp. No grease, oil on my scalp ever. /images/graemlins/user.gif