Just took out micro!

jellynote

I had them in for about 1 1/2 month and very little new growth. It seems that my hair grows faster with cornrows instead of single or micro braids. I had no breakage either so there is a plus side to this. I don't know if my hair is long enough to do cornrows. What cna I do besides cornrows and braidouts ro get my hair to grow a little faster? I am also taking GNC hair, skin, nals vitamins, Gertol Complete ( just started 1 week) which has 15% biotin in it and prenatal vitamnis. I need a little help!

kisz4tj

How do you define very little growth? I heard some ladies here use that term when referring to like 2 inches in a month and I just wanna

keiron

hey iam a male and i used to wear cornrows for 1 year straight and my hair grew so much but i had to stop the cornrows due to my hairline fading away and flakes like crazy so now i do twists which to me dont grow ur hair a big deal but no single braids or anything that is not tight on ur hair will grow it much but try twists cause they look cool and i use the ORS lock and twist gel creme its great and contains natural products.

Nonie

My experience is a little different from yours. My hair grows when braided, whether cornrows or singles. I just prefer singles with extensions because I can wear my hair differently that way and not be stuck with one style.

[ QUOTE ]
but no single braids or anything that is not tight on ur hair will grow it much

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming when you say tight, you mean firm. I have braided babies as young as 2 years old while they were awake and while they slept with no complaints, and so I know I don't pull, but my braids are always firm. I remember a lady doubting my work as I braided her hair because she didn't feel the pain she's used to when other people do her hair. I assured her that if she didn't like it, I would be happy to undo her hair and not charge her. She was pleasantly surprised when she was done to discover that neat, tidy braids can be achieved without pain.

Tight braids can cause your hair to fall out, so if your cornrows were done too tight, they may have contributed to your hairline fading.
I believe wearing bandanas too tight can also break the hair at your hairline.

Jellynote, perhaps increasing your Biotin might help. Instead of giving us the %age of Biotin you are taking, tell us how many mcg or mg it says there is (on the bottle) in one tablet/capsule or serving. That way people can make recommendations if you need change your dosage. I haven't stocked up on Biotin yet but I've heard good stuff about it so have it on my wish list. But since I imagine it works together with other vitamins/minerals to bring about results, I would guess that getting a hair supplement (like GNC Nourishair) might be a good way to go so you know you're getting a fairly good balance. Then if you need more, you can always get some. Also (and this is just my hypothesis) sleeping with a plastic cap after moisturizing your braided hair seems to do wonders!

Happy hair growing!

keiron

YES braiding hair to tight casuses the fall out thats why i dont have it done anymore regardless if its loose and done properly i dont trust it....i took mine out thoe cause of the dry scalp and flaky ness i hated that so do u have idea why that kept happing??

Nonie

Jellynote, I don't know which GNC hair product you are taking but I just looked up how much biotin in Geritol Complete...IT'S ONLY A BLINKING 0.045 mcg!!!!
That's not even 1 mcg and people have been known to take as much as 12000 mcg (12 mg) - although that might be for health reasons. I am sure you'd see a big change in your hair growth if you added a separate supplement of at least 3 mg of biotin (that's 3000 mcg). Good luck!

Nonie

Keiron, I'm not sure about the flaking. I'm racking my brains coz I think I know what you mean. I'm trying to remember where I've seen it and hopefully then I might recall what caused it... (I'll get back to you on that if it comes back to me.)

I wonder if sleeping with a cap after applying some oil might've helped. Hey,K, have you heard of Paltas? I'm sure I found some at Shepherd's Bush or another market in Birmingham whose name eludes me now. It's an oil in a yellow bottle and is a scalp/hair treatment. It's very greasy and the directions are you apply it at night and sleep with a towel over your pillow (coz it's thick) and then shampoo your hair or just dampen it in the morning. And then repeat the process. I preferred to sleep with a plastic cap after applying so my hair kinda got "steamed". I didn't always wash it off or dampen it (my hair wasn't so long that it fell all over my face), but it gave me the healthiest looking hair. It's the only time I cherished wearing a TWA. I wonder if that can help with the dryness? You don't have to use it daily. I used to use it once a week coz it is pretty thick and at the time I washed my hair only once a week. I still use it now with a cap the night before I wash my hair, and it still makes my 4A/B the softest I've ever known it to be in its natural state. Hairtex I think is the same thing under another name (or an imitation?) but I've used that too it works just as well.

Let me know how you like it if you do get it. If you don't like it, I'll be happy to relieve you of it.

keiron

hey nonie thanks for advice but ive not tried that yet at all but i think maybe it was the tightness i dunno buy my twists that i do now i dont get any of that i love them music better.

jellynote

Thanks everyone I'll up my intake of biotin. I won't do single or micro anymore. When I've had cornrows my hair grows like crazy so when my hair grows out a little more I will do them myself. Does GNC sale the biotin pills by itself. Remember I'm in Germany and it is hard for me to get products. Now GNC in the PX is about 45 mins. to an hour depending on traffic an the autobahn (europe's name for highway). I also take the GNC hair, skin, and nails.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I remember the first and last time I had micros. It was too much breakage and she put Pink Moisturizer on the hair I bought
. But on the plus side, she did it for free. The reason why I don't get micros is that they take too long since my hair is so thick. But more power to those who get them. I wish I had patience like that.

Nonie

Hey Nessa, I don't think Paltas B.K.C. is available in the States. I did a Web search and could only find it on UK websites and I believe Germany (Country code +49).

Maybe it's not here because there's a lot of other products here that provide the same hair and scalp treatment Paltas promises. BTW this is what it looks like. Hairtex which seemed to have same results came in a bottle of the same size and shape only it was a brighter yellow. I haven't done my homework to see what here in the US works like Paltas but that's coz I still have some Paltas left (I had someone bring me some back when they visited the UK to replenish by nearly exhausted supply). But very soon I will ran out and will need to find a substitute. So I'll be calling on you guys to recommend something wonderful.