aphogee 2 step... need more protein?

aero21

hey ladies my hair was breaking which i attributed to over moisturization so i did the aphogee 2 step about 3 days ago. my breakage has reduced but is not completely eliminated. so here is my dilemma: i am getting my hair pressed tonight and am thinking about doing the aphogee 2 min before and also using the Keratin and green tea restructurizer afterwards(which i have never used before) could this put me in protein overload??? do i also need a moisturizing DC...HELP i am scared i have not had my hair straightened since last summer and fear i could encounter a set back.:perplexed:nono::sad:

beans4reezy

I think as long as you follow up with a moisturizing dc after your protien, then u should be fine. Try Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle rose as a dc to follow the Aphogee 2 minute.

aero21

in just had an epiphany maybe i should clarify.... i remember yesterday after i cowashed thinking that my hair felt sticky..why didnt i do it then? so i am thinking about clarifying my hair, doing a protein and moisturizing dc and then going to the shop to get my hair pressed tonight with the moisturizing dc on my hair and having her rinse it out instead of asking her to do all of that. i will take a heat protectant and maybe even the aphogee keratin and green tea to have her spray on my hair before blowdrying. ive never used the aphogee spray so i dunno about that one ill have to assess my hair after i wash etc.

sorry so long.. i am really just thinking out loud.

msa

in just had an epiphany maybe i should clarify.... i remember yesterday after i cowashed thinking that my hair felt sticky..why didnt i do it then? so i am thinking about clarifying my hair, doing a protein and moisturizing dc and then going to the shop to get my hair pressed tonight with the moisturizing dc on my hair and having her rinse it out instead of asking her to do all of that. i will take a heat protectant and maybe even the aphogee keratin and green tea to have her spray on my hair before blowdrying. ive never used the aphogee spray so i dunno about that one ill have to assess my hair after i wash etc.

sorry so long.. i am really just thinking out loud.

Make sure you assess your hair after you DC. If it's feeling too hard or too soft still I would forgo the press until you get your hair back right. Also, don't use the new green tea spray this time since you've never used it before. You've already done a lot of stuff in the last couple days and you should just stick with what you know until your hair has been back to normal for a while.

aero21

Make sure you assess your hair after you DC. If it's feeling too hard or too soft still I would forgo the press until you get your hair back right. Also, don't use the new green tea spray this time since you've never used it before. You've already done a lot of stuff in the last couple days and you should just stick with what you know until your hair has been back to normal for a while.
thanks and this is actually what i am planning on doing. i actually am going to return the keratin&green tea since i do not think protein is the problem anymore or else the aphogee 2 step would have taen care of that. i am going to clarify dc and assess... if my hair is fine i will proceed wit the press.