Aphogee 2min doesn't get along with me

Babygrowth

Hey y'all. I have tried Aphogee 2min as a mid protein step after a relaxer and on other occasions just when my hair needs protein. My hair doesn't like aphogee's extra ingredients what else can I use for that mid protein step as well as from time to time when my hair will need a bit of protein. I do have some in mind but I don't know if they are heavy enough (ORS mayo, Hairveda's MC pro, Curl Junkie repair me, Shescentit Okra Reconstructor).

Help me please. I plan to relax sooner than planned because my NG is starting to act a fool. I mean its already been 16wks+...

Babygrowth

My hair feels weird after using it maybe a little rough. I guess its doing its job but I'm just not impressed. I don't really like any of the aphogee products actually.

Babygrowth

kupenda I was thinking about that one but I wasn't sure if it was strong enough or moisturizing with some protein. I will compare ingredients.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
In No Particular Order:
Joico K-Pak
Cathy Howse UBH
Mega-Tek
Nexxus Keraphix
Affirm 5n1
Claudie's Protein OR Claudie's Reconstructor
Hairveda's Methi-Set (HV's MoistPRO is more of a cowash conditioner or R/O)
SSI Okra or Fortifying are both good
Tigi's Dumb Blonde Reconstructor
MyHoneyChild's Honey & Horsetail Reconstructor
Sebastian Penetraitt

I have CJ's Repair Me in my Stash, but haven't used it for that.

Lamaur Bone Marrow which is really good after a Chemical Rx.

Last edited:

lamaria211

I've don't do the mid protein step but some protein condish's are

Giovanni's Nutrafix
Kerastase Architect Force Reconstructing mask
Mendex hair repair treatment
Curl Junkie Repair Me
Redken Extreme builder plus

India*32

I didn't care for Aphogee when I was relaxed. I prefer Nexus Emergencee. It a little expensive, but it provided a balanced protein treatment. Just follow instructions and give it a try.

India

My hair doesn't seem to like it much either but I still use it occasionally. Mh hair didn't like Aubrey GPB either.
Do you follow up with a moisturizing con after?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Babygrowth You should be able to find Joico almost anywhere.

It's even at my Kroger (Grocery Store). So, it's easily accessible. Not sure if they have it at Walgreen or CVS.

I know Ulta carries it, & JCP (I think). Some folks said they've seen it even at TJ Maxx/Marshall's?

Even places like Supercuts, Master Cuts, Cheap Cuts may carry it.

It's every where.

I also like Nexxus Keraphix & Nexxus Emergencee.

Babygrowth

Oh. I thought it was like a salon only brand because I have never heard of it until I joined this forum. I'm going to try it.

EnExitStageLeft

I dont do a mid-step protein treatment. However, I do one after neutralizing and my staple is Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor...I LOVE IT!

Babygrowth

ellebelle88

I only use ORS Mayo the day of my relaxer and the week after. Its too strong for my hair to use it more than that.

EnExitStageLeft

I was looking into that one because I like Affirm fiberguard relaxer... it seems that a lot of people like it.

Babygrowth

Oh ok. Hate to sound like a broken record, but you can try following it up with a moisturizing conditioner and it may help.

This last time around I did and my hair felt okay but I think my hair will do better with just light protein weekly. I'm still in the process of figuring out what works and what doesn't work for my hair. Thank you for the reminder. :)