APHOGEE & NATURALS....

SimplyBlessed

Hello Ladies...

It seems as though the only ppl that use the ENTIRE Aphogee line are only relaxed women, are there any naturals that rely on the entire line or many products from the line? I personally started to dab in it a little but wanted to see what other naturals are saying...

Is it only meant for relaxed hair?

THE ONLY PRODUCTS THAT I'VE SEEN MANY NATURALS USE IS THE 2 STEP PROTEIN TREATMENT...

nysister

I'm a natural, and I tried one of their conditioners last year. It made my hair hard, and took a few days to get it right again, so for me at least it wasn't very useful. However I do believe I'm protein sensitive. I obtain my protein via food, and the only topical proteins that my hair doesn't seem to mind as much, are silk and wheat.

coolsista-paris

i havent tried aphogee. Ive been thinking of using 2 step protein treatment but mabe i dont need it.
At home i mix avocado with other stuff and my hair loves it! it also detagles my hair well so.. im guessing no point in using other stuff. tell me if it works or deserves trying

cutiebe2

I've used the Aphogee protein treatment a couple of times and it works great on my hair. While relaxed girls might use Aphogee every six weeks, I just use it when needed. I haven't used it in about 5 or six months so I will be doing another one at the end of the week because I can tell my hair needs some protein

I am thinking of getting the green tea reconstructor to spray when I want a protein touch up now and then

Naturals need protein just like relaxed girls. I would also try emergencee, I think its a bit weaker than aphogee

JuiceMobsta

I have tha ApHogee 2 minute reconstuctor and I mix it with ORS Replenishing pak and leave it on for hours...:giggle:

I wouldnt reccomend the shampoos, I havent tried them but I hear the one for damaged hair can be rather drying,,

I had the green tea leave-in and the provitamin leave-in but I hadnt figured out how I wanted to use it and my aunt is always relaxing her hair from root to tip so I felt that she should have them...trust me she she needed it.:look:

darlingdiva

I'm natural & I use the Aphogee 2-minute. It's a great product for fine hair that needs some--but not too much--protein.

lushlady

I use the 2 min. reconstructor at least once a week. I also use the mousse when I do rollersets or twists. I must say I do prefer lottabody for rollersets. I love the 2 min. reconstructor, but I couldn't see building up a collection of this brand for my hair needs.

Ms Lala

I use the 2 minute reconstructor and the leave-in. I mix the leave-in w/my regular moisturizing one when my hair seems to need a little protein. I was not impressed w/the shampoo ingredients so I don't mess w/it.

teysmith

I used the aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and the karatin 3 minute reconstructor yesterday and my hair feels fine. :)

CA*Nappy

I use the Keratin 2 min mix with ORS Pak and Cholestrol with great results every week. The combo seems to give me strong moisturize hair.

Lucky's Mom

I did my first Aphogeee treatment since I became natural - 11 years. I have used other treatments ( henna - yogurt - eggs - milk ) but - I used the hardcore protien - because My hair was not feeling right.. ( on the mushy spongy side) so...

Aphogee worked wonders for me. =)

NitaChantell

Ohhh, I love Aphogee!!! I use the 2 Min Reconstructor, the Shampoo for Damaged Hair [has sulfates but leaves my hair soft & strong!], the Pro-Vitamin Leave in, & the 2-step Protein. I also use their Keratin & Green Spray. I ran out of the 2 min & the Keratin, & since I'm on a personal "no buy" challenge I won't be re-purchasing those for a while:sad::nono:

westNDNbeauty

I use the entire line once a month (2 step, Shampoo, Green Tea Keratin, 2 minute). Some say it makes their hair hard....just gotta remember to follow with MOISTURE rich products. My silk elements mega silk moisture treatment works just fine....or my cholesterol concoction.

Determined22

I'm natural and I only use the 2 minute reconstructor. I used to use it as a cowash when my hair was really short, now I use it as a prepoo or mix it with my deep treatment.

Shoediva

I use the shampoo for damaged hair, 2 min reconstructor, pro-vitamin leave-in and Keratin-Green Tea reconstructor leave in on my dd who is natural. It help get her hair back on track, had a severe problem with dryness. Aphogee worked just like it'si intended for her.

Tif392002

i love aphogee products, i used the damaged hair shampoo whn i was transitioning with weak relaxed ends..... aftr i did my bc in dec 09, i really dont used the damaged hair shampoo too much, never really..... but i have the keratin green tea reconstructor on standby for whn i do a blow out in june.... i use the 2 min whn my fine hair need a protien fix, and i use the provitamin leave in after every co wash , which is 1-2 times a week

detroitdiva

I am a natural and I use both the protein leave in and balincing moisturizer. Both of them hav made a significant difference in how soft and moisturized my hair feels.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
I am 100% protein sensitive. I did the Aphoghee 2-step once and it did not go well. After I washed it out and did a moisturizing conditioner over and over and over again, my hair was still nearly helmet like. The way my braider explained it was that my extremely dense, thick, coarse hair does not need extra protein other than what I get from food. However if I were relaxed or had finer hair, the protein wouldn't have wreaked the havoc that it did on my hair. I can't even use egg mixtures on my hair.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've only used aphogee when I was relaxed and I HATED it. I had better results with Nexxus Emergencee. I still use it now that I'm natural.