4a/b Naturals using Aphogee Keratin 2min Reconstructor

ShaniKeys

Are there any 4a/b naturals using this product? Or any other protein-based product from the Aphogee line? If so, what has been your take on it? I welcome both negative and positive reviews.

luxe.li.

I've used it once, and I have no feelings right now. I have a lot of products that I've used so I can't tell if the Aphogee made my hair hard, dry, or brittle or not, if it did I probably accredited that to something else I used. I hear alot of negative remarks about it. I'm not interested to use it again as of right now.

Libra08

I'm more 3c/4a but I'll give you my review. I've used the 2 min reconstructor once, but I really liked it a lot. You can feel the difference, and I lost a lot less hair when I detangled and blow dried. Lately I've been have breakage issues from using too much heat, but I believe this will help me out a lot. I'm thinking about using it every other week. The bottle says every week, but personally I think that's a lot. Especially since I do henna treatments as well.

DMJ's Mom

I've used the 2 step every 4 weeks and the 2 min every week (except the week of the 2step) and my hair loved it. I only stopped using it when I ran out because I've been so busy that its much easier to stop by the drugstore for a Pantene to cowash than to try and get to my local BSS before they close to get the Aphogee

naturalmanenyc

I'm not fully natural yet but will be 4a when I'm all done trimming.

I've used the 2 min reconstructor twice this month and liked it a lot. I could feel the difference right away and I lost a lot less hair when I detangled. I also followed with a dc with AOHSR. I took photos.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/sabino-attempt-two/

The blow drying and flat ironing made up for the lack of hair loss during the detangling though :-(

Minty

I use the Reconstructor (until I get my OCT) on average 1x month. I really love it. In just 2 minutes, it makes my hair soft like I deep conditioned. Never knew my hair liked protein so much...then again, I am just getting to know my moptop friend.

I also use the Green Tea spray, maybe spray it on my hair 1x a week after I wash and before I twist. I can't really say what it does though. Perhaps it offers more protection if I were going to use heat. But my hair is noticeably stronger. It doesn't snap.

My head: 3d on crown/4b back to ear/3c nape - mostly fine hairs, w/no curl definition.

ShaniKeys

Any of you ladies leave it on for longer than 2 minutes (let's say 30-45 minutes) with heat? Is that safe?

1babydimple

4b/c here and love the reconstructor - also I leave it in for at least 10min under a bag & towel. This the main product I co-wash with at least 3x a month.

Lboogie1

I used it once when I was natural and my hair hated it! My hair was hard and dry and there was also a white tint i couldnt get rid no matter how much i rinsed it out. I vowed to never use it again but then I relaxed and decided to try again and it worked better on my relaxed hair.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I used this last week, but didn't really see much to talk about. I hoped it would stop shedding instantly, but it didn't....so, i'll give it another go next week.

i just did an ayurvedic mix - brahmi, amla, maka and cassia with elasta qp dpr11 a squirt of coconut oil and amla oil, left it in for about 3 hours and I had almost no hair to shed, my hair detangled sooo much better, too.

I wish i had more to report on the 2 min reconstructor, but i don't. I was a tad disappointed. Maybe I expected too much.

loulou82

All natural 4 a/b: I use the Pro V Leave In, the KGT Restructurizer, and the 2 Min Reconstructor (never longer than 5 minutes).

I like the above three. I alternate the first 2 as leave in after washing and DCing and use the last one every month. I'll add the Pro V Leave In to my daily spritz mix if I want a bit of protein.

I've used the hard treatment once and the 2min Keratin a couple of times...and I like both. But I recently purchased OCT and to prevent a protein overload I'll lay off the aphogee for a while.

ShaniKeys

All natural 4 a/b: I use the Pro V Leave In, the KGT Restructurizer, and the 2 Min Reconstructor (never longer than 5 minutes).

I like the above three. I alternate the first 2 as leave in after washing and DCing and use the last one every month. I'll add the Pro V Leave In to my daily spritz mix if I want a bit of protein.

Any specific reason why you don't leave it longer than 5 minutes?

Queen_Earth

I'm a little confused because I thought the 2 min reconstructor was a moisturizing one not a protein conditioner..I bought a bottle of it b.u.t havent used it yet

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
How long do you let it sit on your hair? Do you use it with heat?

I let it sit for maybe like 10 minutes or so. I don't really use it with heat, but that's out of laziness, lol. I do use my moisturizing condish with heat most times, though.

ShaniKeys

I have the 2min Reconstructor on my head right now...I'm using it with heat, I'll post the results later on.

Anancy

I had been using this 1x a week and it really helped my hair. But i've stopped using it now because my hair started feeling dry and breaking - so i think my hair needs more moisture now than protein.

I will start using it again but not weekly - i think you definately need that protein/moisture balance.

When i did use it, i left it on for maybe 5 mins.

ShaniKeys

So...I used it today for the very first time ever. I used it as a DC and left it 45min on my hair, while sitting under a hair dryer. I was a little bit worried about this at first, but my hair wasn't hard at all after I rinsed, it was soft and strong. My goal for this year is strength+length:up:

I really like the smell of this product also, I will certainly not use it every week, but it's a good protein conditioner.