APhogee New and Improved?

berry87

I went to get a bottle of Aphogee a few hours ago and I saw the new version! Has anyone tried this with the same results? Its repackaged and reformulated!!!!
Old Bottle

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Ethylene Urea, Dimethylol Urea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

New Bottle! Now its says "Two-Step Protien Treamtment" but I was told by the store owner that it was the same thing!! He said they call it a "Two Step" system now, 'because they want you to use their shampoo for damaged hair first'. hmmm

ingredients:
Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water(Aqua, Eau), Citric Acid, Simethylol Urea, Magnesiym Sulfate, EthyleneUrea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protien PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Cocamidoproply Betaine, Fragrance(Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9 DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool

Last edited:

sweetgal

I have the new formula too and just finish putting it on my hair. The people who worked at the store where I bought mine had not idea if it was the same one.

I thinkiIt preforms the same way-however the smell might be slightly different. I'm curious to what the "two step process" is all about. :drunk:

berry87

The store owner says they want you to use the 'shampoo for damaged hair first' before proceeding to use the treatment. I just Flipped open the directions on the back (cool) and it did say to use the sahmpoo first, before the treatment! I have it sitting right infront of me but still not sure if I should use it:lachen:

sweetgal

Sounds like a sales tactic to me! I just shampoo with my regular cream and nature and use the Aphogee like I normally do!

Does the APhogee make your hair go back natural? or become more thick?

its the same exact thing. the old package didnt have "2 step" on it, but the second step was to use a moisturizing con after rinsing. it said it on the label under directions. the new package just says it on the front. their balancing conditionar goes with it. its just their way to make more money. truthfully, the conditionar isnt that great

berry87

Well I guess its a new sales tactic:perplexed Has anyone had the same results? I Dont see animal protien in the new version, and it also has more ingredients:perplexed

Dare~to~Dream

I have used the aphogee treatment for years and I was little :mad: when they changed the formula. I did run out of my old bottle so I had to go ahead and make a purchase for a new one. I plan to use it the same way (with my regular shampoo and moisturizing conditioners) so I'm crossing my fingers that this stuff will work the same way...I don't need any ineffective products or worst: a hair disaster. :wallbash:

Last edited:

sweetgal

its the same exact thing. the old package didnt have "2 step" on it, but the second step was to use a moisturizing con after rinsing. it said it on the label under directions. the new package just says it on the front. their balancing conditionar goes with it. its just their way to make more money. truthfully, the conditionar isnt that great

I agree their balancing conditioner is a joke--It doesn't do anything special. It would be better to use the conditioner that you would normally use.

MizzBrown

Okay, I finally tried this Aphogee 2 step treatment tonight and is it supposed to smell so bad? I had to put some essential oil in it because I couldnt stand it. And is it supposed to be watery? And it didn't dry up on my hair either. It was still kind of wet, even after I used my hand dryer to hurry up the process to harden. Am i doing this right?

berry87

Okay, I finally tried this Aphogee 2 step treatment tonight and is it supposed to smell so bad? I had to put some essential oil in it because I couldnt stand it. And is it supposed to be watery? And it didn't dry up on my hair either. It was still kind of wet, even after I used my hand dryer to hurry up the process to harden. Am i doing this right?

Yes you did it right!:yep: I usually use hood dryer though:spinning: So I guess it is the same:spinning:I was worried I would have to take it back since the ingredients are a bit different. I will try mine in the morning :yep:

berry87

I tried the new one this morning and it worked the same:grin:. The egg smell wasnt as overwhelming as the old mix.. trust me.. but its still there :drunk:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!

I tried the new one this morning and it worked the same:grin:. The egg smell wasnt as overwhelming as the old mix.. trust me.. but its still there :drunk:

So does it still get hard on the hair or not?

longhairlover

which moisturizing conditioner do you follow up with? I don't like there moisturizing conditioner either, and i'm not falling for marketing schemes and buying their shampoo.

I have Hayashi shampoo or damaged hair instead.

Hi Maracuja - I have the newer version and it still gets hard on the hair like the older version - It worked pretty good on my hair. I don't use their shampoo or moisturizing condish

jamaraa

It's the EXACT same formula. I have an old sqaure bottle mostly full and I compared it to the "new" bottle which is now round and called "Two Step" vs the old "Advanced Treatment For Damaged Hair"...same formula, same order ingred listing, same prod.

sqzbly1908

which moisturizing conditioner do you follow up with? I don't like there moisturizing conditioner either, and i'm not falling for marketing schemes and buying their shampoo.

I have Hayashi shampoo or damaged hair instead.

Hey LHL!

Hayashi is an excellent brand...

I use either Kenra MS or Nexxus Therappe ...for conditioning I use either Kenra MC, Loreal Mega Moisture or Nexxus Humectress (depending on mood and/or time)

longhairlover

Hey Sqzbly :)
yeah I really like Hayashi, too, I don't use it like I should.

it's good to see that I don't have to use aphoghee's so called moisturizing conditioner, I don't like that it has mineral oil in it.

I also hear great things about loreal's mega moisture have to get some of that.

Hey LHL!

Hayashi is an excellent brand...

I use either Kenra MS or Nexxus Therappe ...for conditioning I use either Kenra MC, Loreal Mega Moisture or Nexxus Humectress (depending on mood and/or time)