Aphogee Treatment Instructions

bludacious

It's been a minute since I did an aphogee treatment, and I don't even remember what I did! This is what I plan on doing tonight!!! Help me out, ladies!

Step 1: Shampoo with Nexxus therappe
Step 2: Shampoo with Aphogee Treatment shampoo
Step 3: Apply aphogee treatment
Step 4: Apply Balancing Moisturizer
Step 5: Deep Condition with Nexxus Humectress
Step 6: Apply Nexxus Headress as a Leave-in conditioner

Is this okay, too much or what?

star

Sounds good to me but do you need step 5. It seems that step 4 should do it along with step 6 as far as conditioners goes. In other words steps 1,2,3,4 & 6 should do it. You can save the step 5 for the following week. :)

Ashee

If step 4 is the ApHOGEE's Moisturizer, you might want to do the Deep Conditioner instead...
ApHOGEE's Con has proteins in it & would simply add more of what you already have in your hair... You simply want to soften up your tresses after the treatment...
I would leave Step 4 for when you don't do the treatment or mix it together with a real moisturizing con or some oils to help soften up the hair....
:look:

Neroli

bludacious said:
It's been a minute since I did an aphogee treatment, and I don't even remember what I did! This is what I plan on doing tonight!!! Help me out, ladies!

Is this okay, too much or what?

My suggestions:

1. Switch steps 1 & 2 (do first wash with the treament shampoo, then follow with therappe)
2. Skip step 4 and go the step 5. (IMO the aphogee balancing moisturizer is not really moisturizing enough - its a thin watering consistency and a thicker, creamer, more moisturinzing product is need, at least for me -- don't know why aphogee doesn't recommend or make a better moisturizer to use after the treatment!!!)

HTH

xippy

Thanks for posting this question Bludacious! I want to know also.

I have heard that it is necessary to do a deep moisturizing condition after an Apoghee treatment. And as others have said, Apoghee's own Balancing Moisturizer is not moisturizing enough. In the past, I've had to load up with oils to combat dryness after doing own of these treatments.

I have a follow on question for ladies whose hair is shoulder length or longer. How do you dry your hair with the Apoghee treatment? Last time my ends would not dry and I was afraid to bend my hair to get the ends close to the heat of my hooded dryer. I sat under the dryer for almost an hour before giving up and washing the stuff from my hair.

xippy

Ashee

xippy said:
Thanks for posting this question Bludacious! I want to know also.

I have heard that it is necessary to do a deep moisturizing condition after an Apoghee treatment. And as others have said, Apoghee's own Balancing Moisturizer is not moisturizing enough. In the past, I've had to load up with oils to combat dryness after doing own of these treatments.

I have a follow on question for ladies whose hair is shoulder length or longer. How do you dry your hair with the Apoghee treatment? Last time my ends would not dry and I was afraid to bend my hair to get the ends close to the heat of my hooded dryer. I sat under the dryer for almost an hour before giving up and washing the stuff from my hair.

xippy
Yeah, the ApHOGEE's Con is crap to me, I mixed it into my Humectress just to finish it up...
I have found that Humectress & ORS Mayo are very moisturizing & softening after any protein treatments...
I love both when using heat...
But you can pick any com that you have & use them as deep cons!!:yep:

LAINA7777

The Steps That You Have Listed Are Fine, But I Also Deep Condition With A Alternate Conditioner Other Than The Balancing Conditioner That Comes With The Aphogee.

bludacious

Thanks ladies for your responses. I went ahead and did all the steps that I listed. It worked great for my hair. I was kind of skeptical at first that's why I ask for your responses. I am glad I did all the steps that I initially set. My hair is very manageable. I would recommend it to anyone with 4b thick, course hair. Again, thanks Ladies!