Apology to Stylist....eating crow and humble pie!

Moroni

We're human and we make mistakes. My stylist made a couple of mistakes, and I had decided that I would take all the care of my hair into my own hands. After a lot of prayer, I realized that was the wrong decision and changed my mind.

Because the salon is exclusively based on one particular line of products, I asked if I could bring the products I wanted to use. "Alright", I was told.
Me: Although a DC isn't normally done after a relaxer, I want one with my product. Stylist: "Alright".
So, I took my DC (Aveda DR Intensive), my leave-in (Aveda DR cond w/ SAA) and my setting solution (water/SAA).
Me: The relaxer ate my edges last time...could we please decrease the processing time?
Stylist: "Alright".
Me: Would you make my final rinse with cold water?
Stylist: "Alright".
I never have my hair cut at a salon anymore since becoming a member of LHCF, so that wasn't an issue at all. It was a pleasant visit, and my hair is recovering wonderfully. I'll post pics in a few hours.

I apologize for judging my stylist harshly and ranting about the errors that caused harm to my hair...I made a mistake. I'm extremely grateful to have someone who is humble and Christlike to care for my hair.

ravenmerlita

This is a very nice post. We all make mistakes. It's great that you are so open about judging her too harshly in the past. And, too, it's nice to hear a good story about a stylist listening and agreeing to what you want to do with your hair.

napgurl

Wow . . . Yes this stylist was very cooperative and I'm glad you are able to give a good report.

Moroni

This is a very nice post. We all make mistakes. It's great that you are so open about judging her too harshly in the past. And, too, it's nice to hear a good story about a stylist listening and agreeing to what you want to do with your hair.

Thanks. A lot of time we will broadcast to the world when we've been wronged, but the good things sometimes get the back page. Since I was so loud about the problem, I had to let you ladies know the good outcome.

Crissi

Thanks. A lot of time we will broadcast to the world when we've been wronged, but the good things sometimes get the back page. Since I was so loud about the problem, I had to let you ladies know the good outcome.

I have nothing but admiration for you! It takes a big person to do that, even as a Christian that can be a hard thing for us! Good on u!!! :yep:

Crissi, x

gymfreak336

and we don't openly admit to our part in the disaster. People are not mind readers. I am glad you spoke up and told her what you wanted. Believe it or not many will listen if you just ask. If they don't take your money and leave but if they listen then great!

How did you hair turn out??

Moroni

and we don't openly admit to our part in the disaster. People are not mind readers. I am glad you spoke up and told her what you wanted. Believe it or not many will listen if you just ask. If they don't take your money and leave but if they listen then great!

How did you hair turn out??

Hey, gymfreak! I'm happy with my hair. I successfully stretched for 9 weeks. My hair feels stronger than it ever has after a relaxer. Could be due to saturating it the night before with SAA, or the DC with Aveda DR Intensive, or both. I'll post pics tonight after my DH gets home (need help, LOL). I think the damage won't be so evident by June!

gymfreak336

Hey, gymfreak! I'm happy with my hair. I successfully stretched for 9 weeks. My hair feels stronger than it ever has after a relaxer. Could be due to saturating it the night before with SAA, or the DC with Aveda DR Intensive, or both. I'll post pics tonight after my DH gets home (need help, LOL). I think the damage won't be so evident by June!

Sounds good. I used the regular DR conditioner after a touch up once and it was great so I know the treatment was just as good.