DECIDED: Going to Relax at Salon....*nail biting*

Moroni

I've grumbled and ranted about the burned hair and my eaten off edges, but after all the consideration, I'm going to get my hair relaxed at my usual stylist this week. :nervous2:She has consented to use my solution for setting my hair, and I asked her if I could bring my Aveda DR for deep conditioning afterwards. She assured me that she uses the Affirm 5 in 1 following the relaxing process, and anything more is going to do nothing.

I chuckled and asked if she would not mind doing it just for the "placebo" effect, then. She reluctantly agreed....her's is an all Paul Mitchel salon....oooops!

What I need help with is:

1. What would be the best mix for my setting solution, because most setting solutions, even diluted, cause breakage in my hair. I was thinking about Aveda phomollient diluted or IC Fantasia leave-in diluted.....Whatever I use will have the SAA in it.

2. Other than the SAA, what else, if anything, should I put in with the Aveda DR?

I really appreciate your help, because this has been one heck of a hard decision to make, and I want my hair to be happy with it!

TIA

balisi

Are you open to the use of foam instead of setting lotion? If the use of setting lotions causes problems but you still want to use it, try diluting it 75%. Diluting it any more than that will probably render it ineffective. I hope this is helpful.

ETA: What is SAA?

Iluvsmuhgrass

I know this is going to sound weird.... but the best rollerset I've ever had was with plain water. It came out nice and soft with lots of body. My hair is very fickle and doesn't like any type of setting lotion... it only barely tolerates the foam. :nono: Depending on what brand it is.

Moroni

I know this is going to sound weird.... but the best rollerset I've ever had was with plain water. It came out nice and soft with lots of body. My hair is very fickle and doesn't like any type of setting lotion... it only barely tolerates the foam. :nono: Depending on what brand it is.

Thanks for replying. I plan to heavily dilute whatever I use with distilled water. I started another thread with the same Q, because it took so long to get a reply.

Moroni

Are you open to the use of foam instead of setting lotion? If the use of setting lotions causes problems but you still want to use it, try diluting it 75%. Diluting it any more than that will probably render it ineffective. I hope this is helpful.

ETA: What is SAA?

The phomollient is a foam, but I was going to mix it was some water and SAA.

SAA: silk amino acids. There are quite a few threads about it, and my hair loves it!

shtow

Elasta qp foam works well. My fotki shows results w/ a rollerset. I only use 1 pump on the section of hair I roll. hth!