Apparently my hair can't take protein!!

Keedah

I deep conditioned my hair with the Ors replenishing pack with heat and it came out extra hard! I usually use Nexus Humectress and my hair is super soft with it. I need to stop experimenting and just stick with what works. Yall talked about it so much I just had to try it though! :yep:

~~HoneyComb~~

You're not alone. My hair doesn't like proteins or silicones. They both make my hair a tangled raggedy mess.

HairBarbie

I feel like my hair hates every thing.

It can't handle protein, cones, hardwater etc. It's hard to find good products because of it.

*Muffin*

I have picky hair as well. My hair likes protein, but it hates cones, hard water, and mineral oil based things. A lot of people like Elasta QP mango butter, but my hair turns into instant straw when I use it. It's the same with their DPR deep conditioner. It loves Giovanni and Aubrey organics products, though.

*Muffin*

I remember watching one of Macherieamour's prepooing tutorials, and she suggested that if your hair doesn't like protein but you still want to get the benefits you could use the protein treatment as a prepoo on dry hair and then shampoo it out and follow up with a moisturizing DC.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My hair doesn't like proetin either. Even ORS Mayo makes my hair hard and dry as straw!

Miamori

I remember watching one of Macherieamour's prepooing tutorials, and she suggested that if your hair doesn't like protein but you still want to get the benefits you could use the protein treatment as a prepoo on dry hair and then shampoo it out and follow up with a moisturizing DC.

My hair likes protein, but this is how I always use mine unless I feel like my hair really needs it. Maybe that has something to do with how my hair generally responds well to protein...

HairBarbie

What do you ladies use as your moisturizer? I've tried so many recommendations but I have yet to find the one.

Keedah

I think Im just gonna leave the protein alone :nono:. I usually henna once a month and follow it up with my humectress and my hair is soft. My leave in has a little protein too but my hair stiffens up if I try to deep condition with it.

*Muffin*

I think Im just gonna leave the protein alone :nono:. I usually henna once a month and follow it up with my humectress and my hair is soft. My leave in has a little protein too but my hair stiffens up if I try to deep condition with it.

The protein in your leave-in should be enough :yep:. Most conditioners contain a bit of protein in it, so perhaps you don't need a heavy protein treatment. My hair doesn't really like heavy protein treatments. After relaxers I usually use my old school Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, but I can't use it at any other time but for a week or so after relaxing because it makes my hair feel stiff overtime. Now when i want a bit of protein added to my conditioner I add coconut oil. But there's some ladies that's hair is so sensitive to protein that even coconut oil makes their hair feel stiff.

*Muffin*

What do you ladies use as your moisturizer? I've tried so many recommendations but I have yet to find the one.

Right now I'm using Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner as both a rinse out conditioner and a leave-in. It's super hydrating and since the ingredients are all natural and contain no cones it can be used as a multi-purpose condish.