Approaching 11 weeks: should I relax now? tips before relaxing

Naijaqueen

Hello ladies :)
I am going on my 11th week, and was really hoping to last till 12 weeks. I have to go out of town this coming weekend, and would like to have my hair in a presentable fashion. I was thinking about washing, deep conditioning and doing a rollerset. It would also give me the opportunity to do a protein treatment too a week+ b4 relaxing. Now I've to travel abroad in 2 weeks, so my 12 week stretch mark was going to end 3days b4 traveling, so it was ideal. I would like to have a fresh look before traveling. Everything sounded fine till a few mins ago, I started thinking why not just relax at 11 weeks, and then do a wash and set at 12weeks right before traveling abroad, that way I've a fresh look for this weekend and next weekend. I really would like to stretch to 12 weeks, it'd be the longest I've been able to do so with my hair out :( Any advice as to something to use this weekend to make my hair look ok. I'm going to try ORS pack, anything else?

cocoberry10

Naijaqueen said:
Hello ladies :)
I am going on my 11th week, and was really hoping to last till 12 weeks. I have to go out of town this coming weekend, and would like to have my hair in a presentable fashion. I was thinking about washing, deep conditioning and doing a rollerset. It would also give me the opportunity to do a protein treatment too a week+ b4 relaxing. Now I've to travel abroad in 2 weeks, so my 12 week stretch mark was going to end 3days b4 traveling, so it was ideal. I would like to have a fresh look before traveling. Everything sounded fine till a few mins ago, I started thinking why not just relax at 11 weeks, and then do a wash and set at 12weeks right before traveling abroad, that way I've a fresh look for this weekend and next weekend. I really would like to stretch to 12 weeks, it'd be the longest I've been able to do so with my hair out :( Any advice as to something to use this weekend to make my hair look ok. I'm going to try ORS pack, anything else?

I really like ORS. Also make sure you really moisturize your ends before rollersetting. I like to re-wet my ends and then put on my product (I no longer use setting lotion, but whatever you do use, the water will keep your ends really moisturized and silky when you take the rollers out).

Also, I peeped your album. You are getting some serious growth girl! You'll be at brastrap before you know it.

Naijaqueen

cocoberry10 said:
I really like ORS. Also make sure you really moisturize your ends before rollersetting. I like to re-wet my ends and then put on my product (I no longer use setting lotion, but whatever you do use, the water will keep your ends really moisturized and silky when you take the rollers out).

Also, I peeped your album. You are getting some serious growth girl! You'll be at brastrap before you know it.

hey thanks :) I just got a trim, ends sucked and I couldnt stand them, so no brastrap for me till at least 2007, but APL by late summer 2006 would be a blessing :)
What prod do u use for your roller sets?

cocoberry10

Naijaqueen said:
hey thanks :) I just got a trim, ends sucked and I couldnt stand them, so no brastrap for me till at least 2007, but APL by late summer 2006 would be a blessing :)
What prod do u use for your roller sets?

I like UBH moisturizer, and sometimes S-Curl or braid moisturizer spray. It gets my hair nice and soft!

DahomeyAhosi

Salut Naija,

If your hair is not giving you any problems (breaking/shedding) etc. I'd suggest going ahead with the 12 week goal. In the meantime why not try a braidout? You can just put a couple of cornrows (at least 5) in your hair after washing. I sometimes add s-curl or salerm 21 when doing the cornrows so maybe these would work for you. Let them dry, unbraid, and your hair will look great.