~~*April 2008-Hits and Misses*~~

Still Pending: MOP Extreme Moisture (mixed with coconut milk and Oil).
Mega Hit: She Scent It Seyani Hair Butter and Grapeseed Leave-in
Hit: Queen Helene Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment.

Original Miss .. but now a Hit: Motions CPR .. the first time my hair was dry and hard .. this time I didn't have to follow up with a moisturizing DC. Maybe because I left it on longer.

Hit: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze .. can't wait to try the others.

NTM Silk-Touch Leave-In .. great on damp hair.

HITS:
- Honey Moisturizing Conditioner (from the Body Shop): moisturizes, detangles and softens. Using with heat, even better. :yep:
- Amlika Leave In treatment (also from the Body Shop)
- Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship con and leave in

No misses this month!

This stuff is great! It really detangles amazingly and the shampoo is AWESOME! I wonder if it would make an even better deep conditioner? I didn't like the Amlika but I didn't try it on my hair, i put it on my hand.

Hits

Mizani ButterBlends Relaxer!!!--Gave me silky hair that was soft yet strong.

Shescentit's Green Grape Leave-in--smells yummy and is great for tangles.

Total Transformation Smooth Edges--this stuff works! It was holding down my NG like nobody's business and it didn't flake, get stiff or make my hair dry or hard.

Hit

Home grown steam treatment, was amazing! My hair soaked in ALL of my conditioner, I felt none left in the towel. My hair NEVER soaks in all the condish, I'm very pleased :yep: Plus, this kept me from buying a $130-200 hair steamer that I didn't have room for

Miss

Sebastian Potion #9, my hair was shiny and it made it straight and feel light, but didn't give the slip I'm used to. It didn't make my hair feel "protected"

Hits:
VO5 Strawberries and Cream conditioner :lick: works great as a leave-in
Monoi Tiare Coconut and Vanilla oils: these are yummy and give great shine

Revisited Hits:
Kenra MC: moisturizing and replenishing
ORS Lye Relaxer: I love this relaxer!!

Miss:
Profective Neutralizing Mousse (Silky Black)- messy and incredibly drying :down:

Miss
Cathy's Dew Moisture Spray

Totally did nothing for my hair. :down:
I have the 160z, PM if u like to buy it

Hits:
Lacio Lacio for rollersets. I found a new fave!!
Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor. I found a new protien :yay: ORS hair mayo was weighing my hair down, but I love that it made it so soft. Aphogee won't replace ORS, but I'm definitely adding it to the rotation. :yep:

Kinda hit:

Miss Keys 10 en 1 conditioner. It made my hair soft and REALLY softens the new growth, but it's so heavy!! My hair has no movement when using this conditioner, but it would be great for stretching relaxers because it has the best slip ever!!!! :woot: I'll probably keep it in rotation for when I'm 6-7 weeks or more post relaxer and I'm wearing my hair up anyway. Other than that, I'm going to stick with my Pantene R&N hair mask.

Miss:
Pantene Detangler. Did absolutely nothing. I want my $4 back. :sad:

Miss:
Vitale Olive Oil Breeze Shampoo. No tingle, my scalp still itches, and it's not the type of product you just want to use up and then not repurchase-- it is serving no purpose at all if I still have scalp woahs!

Hits:
Kenra MC Um, I used this stuff three years ago and don't remember what happened. I remember I added peppermint oil when I was in that "try every dern thing" phase and may have messed it up, so it was blacklisted. Works just like Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat to me, and I can get bigger quantities easier. I got slip and moisture. I'm very pleased!

Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner Was gonna pick up some MMP, but this was bigger and cheaper. I LOVE how it smells, it's a GREAT detangler, and if times ever get hard I could use this as a moisturizing deep conditioner. $2.99 for 16 oz of pleasure is insane, lol!!

HIT: Chi Silk Infusion, Aveda Elixir (it's dc'ed so I'm using it sparingly)

Still deciding: Steam treatments with the wet towel, plastic bag and dryer. The first time I did it my hair was like butter. The second time, the cuticles of my hair were raised and it felt so rough. I need to keep tweaking it to find out if I can improve it or need to just let it go. :ohwell:

HITS
Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo-A friend gave up her bottle-my hair loves it
HE Long Term Relationship Conditioner
Lekair Cholesterol with heap cap
Oil Rinsing with Coconut Oil

MISSES
None

Hit: Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo:lick:

Re-visited Hit: Nexxus Humectin!!! (My hair and NG were so easy to detangle after DC with Humectin that I almost forgot to use my Lacio-Lacio! and to think I have a bunch of Humectin just sitting around that I haven't been using!)

Last edited:
Hits:

Chi Silk Infusion I really like that you don't have to use a lot and the results are fantastic.

ORS Creamy Olive Oil and Aloe Shampoo. I can't find my favorite giovanni shampoo anywhere so turned to this. I like!!:yep: hair was quite moisterized and silky afterwards. Replinishing pak was fantastic with this.

Misses: giving myself a hair cut (long story:ohwell:)

-A

New Hit

I tried HE Hello Hydration and OMG I think this makes my hair softer than the LTR and its smells sooooo good. CVS had HE buy1 get 1 and had no LTR so I was forced to get something else. Love it!

Ion Pro Ionic Dryer w/Tourmaline (Blow Dryer):
This blow dryer is EXCELLENT! I've used it three or four times since I purchased it in February and I can definitely say that this one is a winner for me. This truly means something coming from someone that used to be anti-blow dryer/drying. After blow drying with this dryer, my hair is shiny, strong and soft. With my old dryer my hair used to feel dry; as if all the moisture in my hair was sucked out. Using an ionic/tourmaline dryer really makes a difference. I also love that it has a cool shot and use the cool shot when my hair is almost dry. My hair felt just as good (if not better) than when I air dry. I'm also 16 weeks post and I blew out my roots with it this morning and it did an amazing job. I used it on the low setting and I was able to get my new growth straight. I am soooooo glad I got tLong Hair Care Forums - Reply to Topichis dryer. It is really going to help me get through this transition. The best thing of all is that I had no breakage after using the dryer! This is definitely a keeper!

I will be getting one of these in the near future.

HITS:
-HE Long Term Relationship conditioner- I've been a fan of Herbal Essences for a while but this has to be my favorite. It has so much slip and helped me get rid of a ton of tangles. Its a keeper:yep:

-Kids Organics Shea Butter Moisturizer- Where have you been all my life? My search for the perfect leave in moisturizer has ended. It leaves my hair moisturized and not sticky. Scurl and Sunsilk is getting kicked to the curb.

Hits:
Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner - I conditioner washed my 4 year old daughter's natural hair with this and seemed to really detangle it. Plus it's cheap, $2.40.

Carol Daughter's Mimosa Hair Honey - This is a nice light moisturizer and provides great shine.

Hits:
ORS Lock & Twist gel- this stuff is sooo nice! I use it to slick back my hair. This isn't just for naturals or for use on dreds. This works nicely on my relaxed hair and the ingriedients are great.

Neutrogena Clean Replenishing conditioner: I got this based on Honeydew's great reviews, I finally got around to using it tonight. One of the most moisturizing conditoners I've used and the smell is heavenly too. This made my hair very manageable too before rollersetting.

Annie mesh rollers 1 3/4 size: I like really like the mesh on these, nice & smooth.

Hits- HE LTR leave in...yummyyumyum

Misses-using a flat iron
-thinking I can sleep in my untamed hair twice in a row w/no scarf and no detangling.

Back