April Fools! And was I fooled? What happens when you ignore length...

so1913

Your hair grows!!!!!!! I haven't paid much attention to the actual length of my hair, especially since I cut it. I can see it's getting longer, and I'll compare my wash n' wears or puffs from one point in time to another at times. I haven't straightened my hair to see it's true length in so long! After cutting off so much in November, I knew it would take a while to accumulate. Plus seeing the top layer of my hair everyday, with it being the shortest layer in my angle/balance cut, I tend to ignore the length of the rest of my hair.

Well, I decided to pull the back of my hair to see how I was doing, which I haven't done in a looooooong time. I think I've reached AP length, if not, I'm approaching it! I was so surprised!!! I'm due for a trim, so I know afterwards, I'll be above it, but it's cool. Hair grows!!! When you don't focus on the growth and length stuff so much, it can be a painless, yet very rewarding experience :)

http://public.fotki.com/so1913/thanks_for_visiting!/monthly_photos/2006/april_2006/

pw in siggy.

OneInAMillion

You're hair is lovely :grin: ...I've been trying to do the same thing-- ignoring my length for a while. We'll see what happens :p

tropicexotic

free @ last
Your hair is just lovely! I agree, waiting and watching for growth every day can be very discouraging. Besides--who doesn't love surprises?

Candy_C

so1913 said:
Your hair grows!!!!!!! I haven't paid much attention to the actual length of my hair, especially since I cut it. I can see it's getting longer, and I'll compare my wash n' wears or puffs from one point in time to another at times. I haven't straightened my hair to see it's true length in so long! After cutting off so much in November, I knew it would take a while to accumulate. Plus seeing the top layer of my hair everyday, with it being the shortest layer in my angle/balance cut, I tend to ignore the length of the rest of my hair.

Well, I decided to pull the back of my hair to see how I was doing, which I haven't done in a looooooong time. I think I've reached AP length, if not, I'm approaching it! I was so surprised!!! I'm due for a trim, so I know afterwards, I'll be above it, but it's cool. Hair grows!!! When you don't focus on the growth and length stuff so much, it can be a painless, yet very rewarding experience :)

http://public.fotki.com/so1913/thanks_for_visiting!/monthly_photos/2006/april_2006/

pw in siggy.

i totally agree, a watched pot dont boil!!

RainbowCurls

sillygurl18 said:
Nice!

@ PerfectDoak: I love your avatar, it's so cute.

Thanks. I've been meaning to update it, that was when I had about 3-4" NG, now I have 7-8"... BC soon I hope!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
It looks a lil longer than armpit length to me! ;)

Congrats on your progress! I just love your hair and you are a beautiful person inside and out! :)

Isis

so1913 said:

pw in siggy.

Your hair is very pretty!
I too have been doing this all along, since I came to LHCF. I haven't done any measuring yet although others comment from time to time. My goals have always been for healthy, beautiful hair rather than a particular length. You are right, by not paying attention to the length, hair just keeps on growing.:)

so1913

Thank you ladies!!! It was a nice surprise. I think I put all my focus on the health and condition of my hair this time around rather than the length. Like Candy C recited, a watched pot never boils!

Gryphyn

Your hair looks great. IA, the less attention you pay to your hair, the more surprised you are. For me, I only notice my hair is growing when I realize my routine doesn't give me the results I want anymore, or when my sister says "Your hair is too long for that style now:ohwell:. You need to find something else to do." :lol: