Are hot oil treatments old school?

lveurslf

I did an hot oil treatment sunday, something I haven't done in almost a year. While I was sitting under the dryer with my jojoba oil in my head, I was wondering if conditioner washes have replaced hot oil treatments. Does anybody still do hot oil treatments?

AudraChanell

Chile, everytime I deep condition ... I mix my concoction (wheat germ and garlic conditioners), add EVOO, zap it in the microwave just until warm and VIOLA.

Last edited:

chestnutblonde

I did one last Saturday, and my hair is loving it. It had been atleast 3 yrs since my last hot oil treatment. My hair has surely missed it.

Crysdon

Hot oil treatments makes my hair limp and it gets dirty really fast. I also don't do them because it coats/seals my cuticles and my moisturizer just sits on my hair afterwards leaving a nasty buildup.

Allandra

I still do them. I use L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Hot Oil Botanical Treatment. I just mix it with my conditioner.

Babygurl

Crysdon said:
Hot oil treatments makes my hair limp and it gets dirty really fast. I also don't do them because it coats/seals my cuticles and my moisturizer just sits on my hair afterwards leaving a nasty buildup.

I thought sealing the cuticle was a good thing.

Crysdon

Babygurl said:
I thought sealing the cuticle was a good thing.

It is a good thing but sort of a nuisance if you want to get extra moisture into your strands days later.

curlilocs

I'm all for old school. Here lately...like the past week...I've been contemplating adding a hot oil treatment to my weekly cleansing routine. I"m thinking EVOO, Sweet Almond, and/ or coconut oil. I'm lazy though so I' won't bank on it too much, especially if I have to drag the dryer out :)