Are people actually putting Paltas on their scalp???

betty-boo

A girl I know with thick mega hair, says that what thickened it up was Paltas BKC Treatment. The UK growth product like MTG
But I just got one and it says you have to put it on your scalp????:eek:

The ingredients are:
Glycerin, Lanolin oil, Paraffinum Liquidum, Aqua (purified water), methyl salicylate, alcohol denat., parfum, menthol, thea sinesis, pimenta acrs (bay oil), eugenol.

I didn't think putting anything on your scalp was supposed to be good :nono: - but people seem to get good growth and mega thickness from it all. Especially paraffinum liquidum and alcohol denat?

Can anyone educate me about putting stuff on your scalp like this?

hothair

:yep: My mum!!! and it has worked for her - apparently she used to use it as a child- last time I saw her (Januaryish) her fine hair had been thinning when she came into to town a few weeks ago the gaps had filled in. Her hair was also baby soft (don't know if this had anything to do with it) she's a very soft cottony 4zzz anyway I haven't used it cause I can't stand the smell :nono:

Aviah

Yeah, I had a friend who told me about this stuff making your hair thicker. I'm not too sure about the smell though...:look:

betty-boo

Lol! I didn't think of smelling it! Lord, what have I bought????
So its okay putting this on your scalp?
What's this softness? Because I don't want my hair to be so soft that it breaks. Does hair become quite mushy afterwards?

Aviah

The Glycerin acts as a humectant drawing moisture into the hair, maybe why it keeps it soft. Maybe try a little on the scalp for a week and keep an eye on it... see what happens?

betty-boo

Ah thanks so much Aviah! This has been really helpful . I guess I need to stop being scared :lachen:. Okay Paltas, here we go!

hothair

Whatis MTG and where can you get the Paltas BKC Treatments in the US:grin:

Mane Tail Groom www.shapleys.com it's a sulphur based product used as a growth aid (on scalp) the alternative is Boundless Tresses (created by StillALady) www.growthspecifics.com...

betty-boo

Yes! The Paltas is in a yellow bottle with a funny looking guy on it! lol! I actually like it now!!! I don't kow why there isn't more said about this supergrowth product here. I think you can get it in the US. Only thing, is that it has a very very slight medicated smell - but not as bad as MTG I'm guessing

Valerie

I remember using Paltas and I used to put a little on my scalp and it did thicken up my hair, but I was not a regular user.

hothair

Yes! The Paltas is in a yellow bottle with a funny looking guy on it! lol! I actually like it now!!! I don't kow why there isn't more said about this supergrowth product here. I think you can get it in the US. Only thing, is that it has a very very slight medicated smell - but not as bad as MTG I'm guessing

:yep: My mum asked me to get her some more of this [the oi], but the new packaging is confusing - which one did you order?

vestaluv1

OMG! When I first opened this thread, I was like, 'What's Paltas BKC...not another growth aid?'
But now I've seen this picture I'm like 'OMG, my boyfriend used this for years and I didn't even know thats what it did'.
MiNd you, when he had this he wore long dreads. He has since cut all his hair right off and I don't see this is the cupboard anymore.
I think I might go and get me some of this coz his hair grew FAST!
I was forever twisting his new growth.
(WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO GET EVERYTHING I SEE ON LHCF) :wallbash:

hothair

OMG! When I first opened this thread, I was like, 'What's Paltas BKC...not another growth aid?'
But now I've seen this picture I'm like 'OMG, my boyfriend used this for years and I didn't even know thats what it did'.
MiNd you, when he had this he wore long dreads. He has since cut all his hair right off and I don't see this is the cupboard anymore.
I think I might go and get me some of this coz his hair grew FAST!
I was forever twisting his new growth.
(WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO GET EVERYTHING I SEE ON LHCF) :wallbash:

It's called PJism to the highest degree, the only way to cure it is:

1. Don't log unto the site frequently- your hair may suffer
2. Cut up your cards- you may have difficulty getting groceries
3. Have a set regimen - you may find a way to incorporate it anyway

4. THERE IS NO CURE:grin:

:lachen:

betty-boo

Hello hothair!
Yes it seems like the packaging has changed because I went into one shop in greenford and they had the yellow bottle with red top and then I visited another shop in West ealing and they're Paltas BKC range had a yellow bottle with a brown top (they didn't have the BKC Hair treatment).

I'm going to ask the headquarters of Paltas! I discovered that they are just down the road from one of the places I work. I'll talk to them and post their reply on Monday :yep:

Vestaluv1: I know about the pjism. For some reason I always manage to rationalise why I need to get another new product. Its not good :nono:. But I'm loving this paltas though

betty-boo

Hello Hothair,
Yes the packaging is slightly different. But what its called is:
Paltas BKC
Underneath that it should say:
A new effective hair treatment for strong and healthy hair

Hope that helps!

OhmyKimB

To the OP or anyone else...why are you shocked about Paltas...what is it? So is this a oil or a tonic? Have any of ya'll started using it?? Does it make your hair just thick or long too??

How often do you apply it? Lol sorry for all the questions but I'm gonna stay braided until august so I would like to get all the hair I can without the manipulation.

I found this site selling it...does anyone know if you should use the whole line? Okay I'll really stop with the questions now...

http://www.malikonline.co.uk/store.php?crn=619

OhmyKimB

I can't find any place that will ship to the US...does anyone know? Or can any of the UK ladies help out?

betty-boo

Hello Beyondblessed!

I'm shocked about Paltas because a girl I know whose hair was quite thin and just below chin length, over a short space of time had very thick just below shoulder length hair and it looked SO THICK.

The instructions say to just apply it to your scalp at nightime. I did this and the next day I woke up - my hair, which is quite thick and unmanageable, was soft but strong! It actually looked good. :lachen: I think you can apply it every night, every other night - some people use it once a week.

Because of the softness, I can see how you can even do long stretches with this too. The consistency is like castor oil but just a little bit 'thinner'.

The girl I know uses the whole line, but from what I've heard from other people, it's not necessary.

Amazon.co.uk sells it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paltas-B-K-C-Hair-Treatment/dp/B000S5NG1M

They might be able to send it abroad. Otherwise I don't mind sending you a few bottles!

xxx

OhmyKimB

OHHHH..lol ok I see why you were shocked! Well I'll look at amazon but otherwise I'll pm thank you SO much...for the reply and the offer. It means a lot....

I still think I'll try this with my braids in...maybe maybe not...either way I would like to get some..

BonBon

I use it every two days, it really makes your hair soft and also seems to straighten it the coils for when I have to comb it:grin:. Also after a while of using it, it makes my coils clump together in smooth spirals of their own accord.

First time I grew my hair because it was to small to weave, the woman told me to use this and twist my hair in sections. My hair grew rapidly in about 3 weeks but I used it every night.

Only thing that annoys me is when I wear it to bed, inevitable gets everywhere and makes the skin on my face horrible:perplexed

betty-boo

Yes I found it to soften my hair and make it easy to comb! But I hear you on the bedding - I have just had to wash my pillow and satin scarf. I think I put too much paltas on my scalp - and that combined with the hot weather recently just made everything a mess!:spinning:

I think I'll use less paltas each night. Either that, or like you, use it every other night, because I find when I miss a day, my hair is still really soft and behaves anyway!

I'm planning on doing a corrector on sunday, so I won't use it saturday night, because it gives my scalp a 'vicks vapour rub' tingle - which I like very much:grin: - but my scalp needs to be calm for sunday.

Vintageglam

^^^ Aviah why not try and use JBCO instead, it has the same consistency. You can just get the essential oils found in Paltas and add them to your mix. Its the same principle again i.e. anti-fungal.

Danewshe

As a child my mother used this product on my hair and I had the thickest most beautiful hair. She would wash it every 2-3 weeks, massage Paltas into my scalp and braid my hair. I remember the tingling senstion I would get on my scalp from the product. (I think it contans menthol). However as I grew older and started doing my own hair, I stopped using it as it's very oily and greasy and at night, unless you secure a scarf onto your head, it will go everywhere (face pillows neck!)

I am going to start using this product again, as I can honestly say it's the only thing that's ever, ever worked for my 4b hair.