Soft and Beautiful Extend-A-Perm. I need a review

hottopic

Extends the life of your relaxer.
Straightens new growth.
Reduces breakage.
Get straight, healthy-looking hair in three easy steps!
Softens curl pattern.
Detangles.
Thermally straightens.
Now you can control unruly, unsightly new growth between relaxing with Soft & Beautiful Extend-A-Perm Kit.
Soft and Beautiful Extend-A-Perm's easy to use three-step kit reduces breakage, while it keeps hair looking straight until the next relaxer treatment.
Achieve best results by using each step of the straightening system.
First, the Softening Shampoo loosens the curl pattern with siliconized moisturizers that separate and clean the hair.
Next, the Detangling Conditioner provides extra moisture to nourish and strengthen the hair as it softens and detangles.
Lastly, the heat activated Thermal Straightening Lotion locks in moisture to create a layer of thermal protection as it straightens.
Use Soft & Beautiful Extend-A-Perm, following any chemical relaxer application, to soften and manage new growth as it appears.
Use up to five days before chemically relaxing.
Softening Shampoo:
Cleanses gently
Softens curl pattern
Seals cuticle
Detangling Conditioner:
Detangles as it softens
Provides intensive moisture
Strengthens from root to tip
Thermal Straightening Lotion:
Straightens
Adds a layer to thermal protection
Locks in moisture

Instructions
Results will vary. Read directions carefully.
Ingredients
Water Aqua , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate , Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate , PEG-30 Glyceryl Cocoate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Hydrolyzed Silk , Cocotrimonium Chloride , Glycol Distearate , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl Sec Sulfonate , Propylene Glycol , PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Poluquaternium-10 , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Diazolidinyl Urea , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance Parfum , Red 40 CI 16035 , Water Aqua , Mineral Oil Paraffinum Liquidum , Polyquaternium-32 , Glycerin , Quaternium-80 , Dimethicone Copolyol Isostearate , Dimethicone , Panthenol , DMDM Hydantoin , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene , Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance , Parfum , Water Aqua , Cetrimonium Chloride , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Propylene Glycol , Polysorbate 80 , Disodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Diazolidinyl Urea , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene , Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance Parfum
-----------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone tried this before??

Sweetcoco82

I just used that stuff a few days back. I saw it at Target on clearance. I thought i could use it to help me transition. It normally doesn't take much to straighten my hair either. I can use a kiddie relaxer adn get my hair straight in less than 20mins. I wasn't that impressed with it. I can get my hair straigher just washing and conditioning it with what ever and using some IC hair polisher to blow dry it. It also made my hair feel kinda hard. Dont waste your money. :down: I am trying to figure out who to give this mess to.

Last edited:

hottopic

blessed said:
bumping. I asked about this same product a few months ago.

I searched the forum before I made this thread and I did not find any about it. What kind of feedback did you about the product? Thanks Sweetcoco82...
Need more reviews. Especially from type 4a/b......

HairPhoenix

I used this a couple of months ago when I first started transitioning. The shampoo stripped my hair too much and made horrible tangles. The conditioner did soften my hair, but I still had to fight with the tangles, which lead to breakage. The thermal straightening lotion did help my new growth to straighten. I had to blow dry with a comb attachment and then flat iron. It was smoother than when I blow dry/flat iron with just a heat protectant. In the end my hair was alright. Overall, I didn't find that it was worth the money I paid for it, though. :nono: I wished they sold just the thermal straightening lotion by itself. But if you got it on clearance it may be worth a try. You may have different results than I did.

Another heads-up: I also tried the Got 2 B So Smooth (bright orange packaging) straightening creme and that was baaaad news. I tried this after the Extend-A-Perm because I only liked the thermal straightening lotion. It turned into white flakes and beads in my hair and made me look like I had a bad case of dandruff. My hair was stiff and felt coated like I had wax on my hair. :down:

MiWay

I tried it a while ago, and I thought it sucked. I didn't see much, if any, difference in my hair after using it.