Are you finally comfortable with your hair?

Are you comfortable with your hair?

• Yes

Votes: 111 51.4%
  • Not quite yet

Votes: 105 48.6%

• Total voters

ajoke

I'm closer to being comfortable with my hair than ever before. I have been wearing my hair out in a PS ( bun with faux puff and twist/ twist out bangs) publicly for the first time since my health hair started last month and moisturising more frequently. My hair thanks me. And I am starting to feel comfortable with how it looks, so hopefully my retention will take off now.

kupenda

Yes and no. I am awful at styling (my opinion at least, but I try). But I am better at listening to my hair. I know what my hair likes and what certain ingredients do to my hair. This chick is forever thirsty so I've learned to DC regularly and keep her moisturized. She likes light oils and low manipulation. Minimal heat. And just overall "niceness". But I will be a lot more comfortable when I've gotten well past SL. I need to prove to myself that I can actually have long hair that I'm not afraid of

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Imani

No, but I'm getting there and a lot closer than I've ever been I think.

Even when I was relaxed, things were always kinda iffy and hit or miss on what my hair needed. And when i first stopped relaxing, I was literally afraid of my hair. Sounds silly, but its the truth. I would just run the salon and keep it flat ironed all the time at first. Then I slowy finally got used to washing it myself but I've been under wigs for a year. Now trying to play around with more out styles and getting more comfortable with that bc I don't want to wear wigs all the time forever.

If I could understand what my hair needs as far as protein/moisture balance and preventing splits, that would help me be a whole lot closer.

MarieB

I'm comfortable with my hair. It's not as long as I'd like or as thick, but I finally feel like I know what I'm doing, so I should be able to avoid any major setbacks. I'm claiming that knowledge as progress.

Imani

Yes and no. I am awful at styling (my opinion at least, but I try). But I am better at listening to my hair. I know what my hair likes and what certain ingredients do to my hair. This chick is forever thirsty so I've learned to DC regularly and keep her moisturized. She likes light oils and low manipulation. Minimal heat. And just overall "niceness". But I will be a lot more comfortable when I've gotten well past SL. I need to prove to myself that I can actually have long hair that I'm not afraid of

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I feel the same way. I'm also not good at styling.

I won't feel really comfortable until I make APL. Thats when I'll feel like ok, I must be on the right track

Shadiyah

I am very much in love with my hair right now and even though I want more length I can say it is so much easier for me to care for my hair. I was just coming on here to talk about how just when I think I have found the greatest way to wash n go there is yet one more thing I can learn. I have been trying the method of holding my head over and applying my curl definer and scrunching towards the scalp and when the hair air dries I hold my head over and scrunch the curls towards my scalp again to release the curls from the stiffness. I have to tell you that my curls are so full and my hair appears thicker. This is the best wash n go ever so yes yes yes (in my Walden voice).

CurlyMoo

I'm comfortable, but not completely confident. I really want to work on my ends and I don't feel completely comfortable wearing it down in public. I have had some great feed back from co-workers for whom I took my hair down for. I have been protective styling for so long I really don't feel comfortable doing anything else. My hair is so healthy, long strong and just the look and feel of it, makes me proud and feel like everything I've done so far has been worth it.

I am still on the waistlength challenge for Dec so I'm leary about wearing it down often until I reach it.

tasha7239

I voted not quite. Even though I can see progress in my hair, I still sorta just wing it. I am also very style challenged. Maybe that is why I love my bun. I have tried braidouts once or twice and they always look it mess. My failed rollerset scared me for life. For me it is still a work in progress.

lilyofthenile

Not when it comes to length and lack of thickness/hair loss in some areas. But I'm resolving those. I also need to get my regimen nailed down because at the moment I've just been testing what works and what doesn't.

greight

I've been in this game for 7 years and I'm STILL not quite there. I'm anti-extensions/weaves so this forces me to really be on point with my hair.

It's fine, it's coily, it's prone to tangling. It hates twists (split end city!) and it's tends to be dry.

It's been on point lately. I've been doing protein once a week :yep:. Finally, finally... minimum to no breakage! I'm losing less hair than ever before.

BlackHairDiva

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!! Im more comfortable with my hair. I love it more!!! Way more now that I know how to care for it , how to retain lenght,etc. I love the whole process of styling it, deep conditionning, etc. We are the bomb.

Stormy

I'm very comfortable with my hair. I BC'd in July. It's very healthy and on a steady path to reaching my goals.

Renewed1

I sure am. My hair just wants me to keep it moisturized and be patient.

I'm experimenting with styles and my hair is reacting well to it thanks to the Naptural85.

Meemee6223

I thought my hair wasn't progressing and getting worse. Today I flat ironed my hair for a special occasion and realized how different it is. It was extremely well moisturized and had much less breakage! It's so rewarding to know that all my hard work has not been for nothing! :-D

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Keen

I think I'm too comfortable with my hair. That has caused me not to achieve my full potential in term of length. My hair would not be considered long by LHCF's standard but it is by mine. I just decided to get uncomfortable and push to the next level.

aquajoyice

I'm a year and some weeks into my long term transition and loving it. My only area of interest are learning more updo styles. But aside from that my hair is healthy and thriving.

hothair

Yup. I think I got here last year. It's better as time goes on and I don't even have to think about my hair till my weekly DC is due, which feels great.

NikkiQ

Not at all and I honestly think it'll be a while before I am totally comfortable with my hair. I think it's the length. I don't feel very...me with short hair. Whether it's relaxed or natural, I can't seem to feel very comfortable or confident with hair above APL. Idk why though.

TeeMBL

Lurker
I'm fine with my regimen, but am STRUGGLING on how to style during a stretch. Weeks 8+ is when I can't seem to find any style to adequately hide my newgrowth (and look cute). Braidouts and twistouts seem to give me tangles, I'm stuck in a bun life and I need some length to get me out.

nisemac

i used to be comfortable with my short hair...its growing it out that's made me a bit uncertain. i think once i get past the 'awkward' length, i'll feel better. also, i'm still not so confident with wig wearing--even though most think its my real hair and i've received lots of compliments. meh.

lesedi

All is well with me
I'm getting there. As my hair is getting longer,I'm realising that my daily co-washes have to go and i need to ease up on the manipulation. I guess i just understand my hair's needs more nowadays.

pinkpanther23

After I cut off the last bits of heat damage, I have fallen in love with my hair. My twistouts and braidouts and WNGs finally look nice and full!

Blessed&higlyflavoured

working progress. There's little to no breakage and my hair behaves predictably which is ace. I know what products i like and when to use them. So it's just a matter of waiting to reach a length that i'm comfortable with. MBL sounds nice

IMFOCSD

I am comfortable for the most part even though I still go through the "hair" motions, breakage, shedding, dryness, etc.. but as long as I keep my hair protective styled, moisturized and ends clipped I am good.