Are you going to say bye-bye to the board

Bubblingbrownshuga

once you meet your hair goal? Will you take down your album? If not, do you feel like this would be wrong for one to do? In some ways, I do believe this is wrong b/c I feel we kinda 'owe' it to our other sisters to be an inspiration, but a part of me feels like it's okay. We all get tired of talking about hair (don't we?) at some point and we also get tired of snapping pics of our hair whether they be in the shower :lachen:or not. Is your main purpose of being here to grow healthy (whether it gets longer or not), assist those along the way, then be like holla :lachen: later?

Evolving78

Naw. Besides the hair thing, I like you ladies here and you guys have become my internet family. You make me laugh, think, cry, and angry. I have always been into hair so I could never get tired.

MissMusic

I will definitely stick with the boards. The information and the people on this board are invaluable. Plus, I'm sure I will come across products that someone else has tried, and so I must keep the boards to consult, lol!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
No, I don't think I would or could. There is always something interesting going on on the board and there is always something new to learn. When I reach my goals, I'll still be here to share with others who haven't reach their goals. There are many black women who still need to be educated about their hair and how to take care of it and when they find the board they'll have lots of questions and need inspiration so I think I'll stick around.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
No, I don't think I would just be out like that. I too feel like you guys are my internet family. With each thread posted or responded to, we're pretty much getting to know each other. Also, this board is not only about hair (which I'm VERY much into) but it's also about health, beauty and style. All things that us women can relate to and be interested in. So even when I reach my goal, I won't quit and take down pics. When you get to success, you're supposed to reach back and help others. I love the fact that the women who've done major growth are willing to be patient and gracious enough to answer our questions and share thier secrets. That's why I love it here:yep:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm not going anywhere

Miss*Tress

I don't think I would, but life has a way of catching up to you and leaving you with little space for "extras" like the internet. At least that's what I think has happened to the ladies who have left or taken down their albums.

clever

I don't think I would, but life has a way of catching up to you and leaving you with little space for "extras" like the internet. At least that's what I think has happened to the ladies who have left or taken down their albums.
I agree.I wish some of the old heads (or more of them I should say) would come back and share their progress and tips with us.I think sometimes we don't realize how much our journeys can inspire someone else.

After I meet my goals,I will still try to come back encourage those just starting.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
When I reach my goal I don't what I will do. The board has been a major part of my hair journey, but once hair stops being so present in my mind I don't think I'd feel the need to post or even log on as much. I'd probably remain a paying member for a couple more years and after just update my fotki once a year for anyone who cares to look.

kellie7777

i dunno right now..time has a way of changing stuff.. but i sure get a kick every time i come in here whether it is someone mad at something i said or just having a laugh about our SOs and stuff, so i don't think i want to give that up..

tocktick

i'll most likely end my album in '09. i wont delete it but i'll not update. i found that when i worked full time, i didn't have the time to update. i graduate in 09 and god willing, i'll have my first job before '09 is out so i don't see updates on the horizon.

i don't really know if i'll reach apl by '09 but my hair goal isn't all that important to me. :look: my main want is big, healthy hair. if i'm satisfied before apl then great but i don't even really have plans to stop growing my hair after apl anyway. i'm just not that preoccupied with a set goal.

i think i'll still be on hair boards anyway regardless of if i reach my goal or quit my fotki. i spend most of time in off topic/ent. boards anyway :look:.

MrsHouston

I will close my fotki in July 08, but remain on the board. My goal is MBL, but I will continue to come to the board to look for product reviews, etc.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I will continue to stay. I enjoy off topic,cooking,and relationship section.

Off topic threads can be quite entertaining. Someone on board said it best who needs writers that are on stike. Off topic is like Tom Joyner's "It's your world."

BillsBackerz67

Nah...as much as Ive been busy I still want to add new pics to my album unless there really isnt much going on with my hair at the time. I'll still be here:grin:

mzcris

Oh no...I enjoy talking to all the ladies on this board...plus when I reach my goal I'm going to need help in maintaining my hair growth. :yep:

ShiShiPooPoo

I don't think that I'll give this up when I get to my goal (probably year 2022 lol).

This board is a source of relaxation for me. Between two babies and a husband (my third child), cooking, cleaning, work, daycare issues, woman issues, etc. this is my one true outlet where I feel like I am doing something for me. Besides that, I am always doing something new to my hair like shaving it off or going natural or whatever and will no doubtedly need the board again. I'd hate to drop off all like "Thanks for the memories y'all" then pop back up like "I'm back and I need your help again"-can't see myself doing that.

blazingthru

No, I don't think I would or could. There is always something interesting going on on the board and there is always something new to learn. When I reach my goals, I'll still be here to share with others who haven't reach their goals. There are many black women who still need to be educated about their hair and how to take care of it and when they find the board they'll have lots of questions and need inspiration so I think I'll stick around.
I agree with everything above. As long as we can use internet I will be on it. Besides I love talking about hair.

Cleve_gryl

:nono: I just enjoy coming to the boards to see what everyone is up to. Besides, there will always be a newbie that needs tips and support!!

Lavendar

I could see myself getting too lazy if I left for good. You ladies keep me on my toes. Sometimes life gets hectic though, so I may take a hiatus from time to time, but I'm a LHCF'er 4 EVA!!!

locabouthair

once you meet your hair goal? Will you take down your album? If not, do you feel like this would be wrong for one to do? In some ways, I do believe this is wrong b/c I feel we kinda 'owe' it to our other sisters to be an inspiration, but a part of me feels like it's okay. We all get tired of talking about hair (don't we?) at some point and we also get tired of snapping pics of our hair whether they be in the shower :lachen:or not. Is your main purpose of being here to grow healthy (whether it gets longer or not), assist those along the way, then be like holla :lachen: later?

I'll be here until Beverly kicks me out :lol:

I cant see myself leaving the board once I reach my goal. I'll always keep my album (when I post it) up. The hair albums are such an inspiration and if my progress can be a motivator for someone else then I'd be very happy.

Plus I've been hair obsessed with I was a little girl, so I dont see my interest in hair going away any time soon.

Last edited:

inthepink

Even though I've been around for a while, I NEVER get tired of talking about hair. I go through lots of spurts (months at a time) where I don't post at all, but that doesn't mean I'm not visiting and reading. Whenever I'm experiencing a hair issue, I know exactly where to come.

I do admit though, I did get tired of taking hair pictures....as much as I used to...ha ha b/c I do still take pictures of my hair. I just am too lazy to post them.

JustKiya

I'll always leave my journal open, and if I had an album, I would leave it open to. How often it got updated is a WHOLE nother story. :lol:

But yes, esp. being natural, I do think that I should allow my journey to be used to make others shorter...